Skip to content

Match day thread: Leyton Orient

Comments

• A big day for Alex Lynch today and I am sure all gaston ears will wish him all the very best and a clean sheet. You can do it Alex and I am sure you will grasp this opportunity to make the No1 shirt your own.
    COYB!!

• Ha ha. Auto-correct at its finest :-)

I share the best wishes for Alex Lynch.

• We could really do with a win today. If not, the small buffer we built up over the Christmas period will likely be recovered by the chasing pack in mid table. Were results to go against us today we could be caught on pts (although probably not gd) by Cambridge all the way down in twelfth.

• McCarthy centre midfield?

• We need a new striker NOW or our season will soon be over with mid table obscurity the best we can hope for.

• Absolute rubbish. Paris was the only player who looked interested. Hayes and Thompson did not show at all.

• what a crap week

• Bad day at the office. Orient forwards a bit to good/clever for us today. 1st half was ok without being spectacular. PCH looked sharp, good to see we are investing the funds from the FA cup and sale of Matt. BT & Sky tv in the Vere suite. Need to advertise this to get the punters in pre ko. Lynch looked solid enough, certainly not at fault for the goals.

• My god that was crap. We played well for about 4-5 minutes when Paris got on the ball. Other than that it was total shite going forward.

Orient also looked poor but could hardly fail to score the way we defended for the opener.

An absolutely wretched game of football.

• That was poor both from the players and the officials today. I try and look for the positives after most games, but I think I'm going to have to join the sign a striker bandwagon now. 1 goal in the last 5 games and it came from the spot and we didn't look anywhere near scoring. Ainsworth's the manager and sees them in training everyday but i cant understand why udumaga didn't start today.

• Terrible terrible display I won't be back another wasted Saturday

• Not a single shot on target - following possibly one v Morecambe. Suspect Pierre will be off this week. All very, very frustrating.

• @bigred87 Always encouraging to have loyal support through thick and thin eh, cheerio then.

• You can be loyal without having to be a lemming. And surely this is the best place for people to let off steam? I've been 'not coming back' after displays like this for the last 32 years...

• That is three league defeats on the bounce. We look so poor with no shape, creativity or pace (apart from Paris). What exactly was the game plan today?

• Lump the ball to the two old blokes and hope for the best.

• @bigred87 said:
    Terrible terrible display I won't be back another wasted Saturday

Pathetic. Get gone then.

• Lynch didn't inspire confidence in the back four - despite doing nothing that was really wrong. Not sure we can play Jombati, McCarthy and Harriman at the same time - they got in each other's way rather than stretching Orient. Equally, Hayes and Thompson haven't got the pace to get round my granddad any more. With the narrow pitch, that just leaves us with a tactic of hit and hope. Today, that was hope-less. PCH made a bit of a difference, but needs someone to play off. Where was Amari-Holloway by the way?

• edited January 2016

We need wholesale changes for Plymouth. Perhaps even a 4-5-1 built for pace and fast counter-attacks. McCarthy and Pierre at the back (both playing their last match for us?), PCH and Harriman on the wings, Bean back as holding midfield, O'Nien playing box to box, Udumaga attacking midfield, Hayes up front.

• I didn't think it was that bad - seen plenty worse from us. The football was pretty good in the opening 30 if a bit too forced. Definitely a bit sluggish up top and GT didn't have a great afternoon.

Plus good to see Sido back in business.

I think the players need their midweek rest. It's a very thin squad that looks tired.

• Holloway was in attendance having a coffee and chatting to Ingram in the second half.

• Arnos I am amazed you can say it wasn't that bad. It was absolute rubbish. I certainly didn't see the pretty good football in the first 30 minutes. I have seen better games on the Rye.

• I predicted 0-2 before the start mainly because I thought there would be a fall-out from Villa Park. However, I thought the whole performance looked stale. PCH was the only spark or threat up front. We desperately lack pace or directness up front. Those two attributes seem to be key in League Two.

It does make me wonder however why it is that Dagenham & Redbridge can afford to sign Oliver Hawkins from Hemel Hempstead and we can't sign players of that potential. It also concerns me that our goal this season isn't to get promoted (as has been reported this week). A bit odd?

• I'm lost for words, I bet that's a shocker, just like this performance.

• And yet you still managed words @Ciderk1d . You never disappoint.

It was a horrible game today. Not dissimilar to the one at Orient. They had a bit more pace and energy. Neither should be a surprise after the week Wycombe has had.

Been a pretty depressing week to be honest. The clubs coffers might be a little bigger but as a fan it feels like something has been lost. We need to find a spark from somewhere. Paris could be it if he can stay fit.

• @leapfrog said:
    Lump the ball to the two old blokes and hope for the best.

I hear you, I have complained about the hoof ball, hit channels and press and so has many others on this forum. I have also said the Gengen press with high intensity is great tactic but not for every game we play, become so bl00dy predictable.

We where flat and void of any ideas. I will support the team threw thick and thin but c'mon so far every team who have had a bad run, ends their bad form when they play us so it feels like.

• @arnos_grove said:
    I didn't think it was that bad - seen plenty worse from us. The football was pretty good in the opening 30 if a bit too forced. Definitely a bit sluggish up top and GT didn't have a great afternoon.

Plus good to see Sido back in business.

I think the players need their midweek rest. It's a very thin squad that looks tired.

At last a voice of reason.

• Think it's time now to take Hayes out for a while and get him properly fixed. His injuries this season are mounting up and we can't seem to get more than three part time appearances on the trot before he is back in the treatment room. I really don't think that he and Thompson have worked together effectively as we were all hoping.
    On the plus side Paris looked effective and gives me hope that we can work a plan, perhaps with AAH up top?