Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Had to switch channels after being subjected to drivel and giggles from the ubiquitous Alex Scott and a bellowing Dion Dublin at half time! West Ham v Chelsea much more entertaining. Shame about Hoddle. Good to see Coventry losing as well.

• Whoops! Coventry score.

• @micra Glad I'm not the only one who found them annoying. Also managed to hijack Buxton's big day with a totally incongruous piece about the history of women's football, plus some Premier League talk before the kick-off. A time and a place and all that.

• Josh Umerah puts Wealdstone 1-0 up at Bromley

• @micra said:
    Had to switch channels after being subjected to drivel and giggles from the ubiquitous Alex Scott and a bellowing Dion Dublin at half time! West Ham v Chelsea much more entertaining. Shame about Hoddle. Good to see Coventry losing as well.

Don't you enjoy Hoddle talking about "them" ones, and suchlike? :)

Or Joe Cole describing West Ham's total fluke matchwinner as "world class"?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Josh Umerah puts Wealdstone 1-0 up at Bromley

We quite liked the look of him, didn’t we? Has he done much since?

• @micra said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Josh Umerah puts Wealdstone 1-0 up at Bromley

We quite liked the look of him, didn’t we? Has he done much since?

He looked an ok League Two player but nothing special. Quite an erratic finisher but has scored eight in 18 this season now.

• Thanks for that - a very good return for one of my former clubs.

• @micra said:
    Thanks for that - a very good return for one of my former clubs.

You kept your playing career quiet!

• That was naughty of me ! I was about to add “as a supporter” but decided to leave it ambiguous. I’ve been quickly found out.

• Just realised its Bruno Andrade playing for Stevenage. Thought he'd had abetter career than that ...

• Blimey McFlurry has toughened up in old age!

• How that kind of thing doesn't result in criminal charges just because it happens on a football pitch, I'll never know. Should result in a life-ban imo.

• Indeed..pushing, even punching I can sort of understand...but biting???

• In a week where a man has been in hospital with an explosive device up him I think the problem is you can argue almost anything is accidental these days.

Why did that player whack his shoulder in to McClures teeth?

• edited December 2021

Apparently the urge to bite someone is a neorochemical reaction.

• Sounds an unlikely defence! I’ll have to use that one next time I’m in court on a charge of GBH.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    How that kind of thing doesn't result in criminal charges just because it happens on a football pitch, I'll never know. Should result in a life-ban imo.

Not sure what percentage of pub fights ends up with criminal charges these days but it's probably lower than you think. If he wasn't a footballer it probably wouldn't even make the papers or the tinterweb.

• @micra said:
    Sounds an unlikely defence! I’ll have to use that one next time I’m in court on a charge of GBH.

Intermittent explosive disorder might be a more suitable defence when your next up before the beak!

• Crikey @mooneyman. Where did you hear that one? I normally try to disguise the explosions with a loud and unlikely cough but timing isn’t easy.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    How that kind of thing doesn't result in criminal charges just because it happens on a football pitch, I'll never know. Should result in a life-ban imo.

Not sure what percentage of pub fights ends up with criminal charges these days but it's probably lower than you think. If he wasn't a footballer it probably wouldn't even make the papers or the tinterweb.

Maybe, but you've got be a right piece of shit and/or have some serious issues to go sinking your teeth into someone in any setting.

• I've just sunk my teeth into a gingerbread man!

• @mooneyman said:
    I've just sunk my teeth into a gingerbread man!

You monster!

• Suarez like behaviour.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Maybe, but you've got be a right piece of shit and/or have some serious issues to go sinking your teeth into someone in any setting.

Quite

• The only thing I sink my teeth into is a solution of steradent.

• Tom Heaton makes his Man United and Champions League debut