Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fan Feedback

1101113151618

Comments

  • Groom’ll bridle a bit if he loses his curry comb.

  • Don’t put a gift horse in your mouth

  • Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth is an interesting expression to etymologists like Susie Dent. In Countdown recently she explained that one theory related to the way someone buying a horse might look at its teeth as a way of ascertaining the veracity of the seller’s statement of its age.
    Not totally convinced!

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • @micra said:
    Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth is an interesting expression to etymologists like Susie Dent. In Countdown recently she explained that one theory related to the way someone buying a horse might look at its teeth as a way of ascertaining the veracity of the seller’s statement of its age.
    Not totally convinced!

    I’ve heard that one before , although I am a bit long in the tooth.

  • I’m going to chew over other possibilities

  • @micra said:
    Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth is an interesting expression to etymologists like Susie Dent. In Countdown recently she explained that one theory related to the way someone buying a horse might look at its teeth as a way of ascertaining the veracity of the seller’s statement of its age.
    Not totally convinced!

    That was exactly what I was always told. I'm surprised there are any other possible derivations.The maxim being you don't complain about something you got for free. Like fireworks or flamey things that bake you before a game. I obviously need to drill down into this...

  • @StrongestTeam said:
    If the prices remain steep it'll chase the punters away

    Underrated pun.

  • @micra said:
    Groom’ll bridle a bit if he loses his curry comb.

    Four puns in one short sentence has to be a winner even if I am the sole backer! 🙄

    👍 👎 ( 0 )
  • Hay! I did not notice! Does that make you the Jurgen Clop of punmeisters?

  • I’m far too modest to claim that @shev!
    In any case, at this late hour it’d be too much like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

  • Need to what cut they use for the horseburger before I'm tempted. Was it a 3 year old, or Maiden Steak ?

  • I’ll need to jockey for a position in this stampede of puns.

  • Anyone know if Funky Elephant were still there at the Bolton game? Rather hoping they will be tonight!

  • @ReturnToSenda said:
    Anyone know if Funky Elephant were still there at the Bolton game? Rather hoping they will be tonight!

    I'm a big fan of Funky Elephant. I very much doubt it though as they are only invited now for the bigger attendance games. Sunderland & MK Dons for example.

  • @EwanHoosaami said:

    @ReturnToSenda said:
    Anyone know if Funky Elephant were still there at the Bolton game? Rather hoping they will be tonight!

    I'm a big fan of Funky Elephant. I very much doubt it though as they are only invited now for the bigger attendance games. Sunderland & MK Dons for example.

    :(

  • Just got in touch with them on Twitter and their next game is Sunderland

  • That's me having tea before I leave for the match then. I refuse to pay the exorbitant fee for a burger in the car park.

  • @EwanHoosaami said:
    That's me having tea before I leave for the match then. I refuse to pay the exorbitant fee for a burger in the car park.

    I was super-organised and ate big at lunch! (Will still stuff my coat pockets with snacks)

  • As a matter of interest does everybody snack between meals every day, or does the desire to do so only manifest itself on match day?

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @wingnut said:
    As a matter of interest does everybody snack between meals every day, or does the desire to do so only manifest itself on match day?

    I'm rarely not eating tbh

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • I snack everyday between meals regardless of match day or not.

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • @wingnut said:
    As a matter of interest does everybody snack between meals every day, or does the desire to do so only manifest itself on match day?

    Steady, don't question people needing to eat in a 2hour period or there is usually he'll to pay :)

  • Before micra turns up..hell not he'll.

  • @Malone said:
    Before micra turns up..hell not he'll.

    You say that like he's not watching your every grammatical move...

  • I’ve got my eye on ya @Maline!

  • Welcome return of singing the blues and liquidator during the HT playlist

  • @micra said:
    I’ve got my eye on ya @Maline

    Surely a comma after "ya"?

  • You and your commas @HCblue !

  • Yeah, cos we all just rock up at Adams Park after a wholly necessary 10 minute trip in the car, having left the house at 2pm after a nice bit of lunch.

  • Is that a response to the Malign/Wingnut exchange yesterday @arnos_grove ?

Sign In or Register to comment.