Skip to content

New shirt for Rainbow Laces

2»

Comments

• Seems a pretty cynical way to make a bit of money out of an excellent campaign to me

• Do we know how much money from each sale goes to the charity?

Can't get on board on this without knowing. Reading the club release seemed like an attempt to hide something on the charity element.

• I love it but won't be buying until they confirm where the proceeds are going

• Am I right in thinking you can buy it, we won't be wearing it, no money is going to related causes or charities? ?

• I will be buying it and I don’t care about the charity element. It’s being made to order and sold at the normal, admittedly exorbitant, price, so I can’t imagine that any profits will be more than a few hundred quid.

• I really like it. Growing on me each time I look back at it. Wonder if they will sell it on the Worldwide web for the USA market? I have a feeling it will sell well there.

• Also, if Stocko could wear it for the televised game v Sunderland, that would really make a point.

• The video of it which the club have just put out makes it look a lot better than the picture from the original article. Charity aspect of the profit very relevant though

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Also, if Stocko could wear it for the televised game v Sunderland, that would really make a point.

It would clash with their red bits :(

• Will the team be able to wear these tops during the warm up to the Burton match as part of the Rainbow aspect of the game?

• I asked a gay football (not Wycombe) supporting friend what he thought about the charity thing and he said this

I like it - looks great! I would normally take the view that if a corporate organisation is producing LGBT/rainbow branded stuff then at least a portion of proceeds should go to the cause, but in the case of football I agree that the message and in particular the representation is much more important.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    I asked a gay football (not Wycombe) supporting friend what he thought about the charity thing and he said this

I like it - looks great! I would normally take the view that if a corporate organisation is producing LGBT/rainbow branded stuff then at least a portion of proceeds should go to the cause, but in the case of football I agree that the message and in particular the representation is much more important.

I guess that is fair. I'm not the right demographic (who am I kidding I mean athletic shape) for shirts anymore but I really like it. I really like that kids will wear it. I really like that the club has gone the extra mile on this one. Little bit grubby about the Facebook comments noted above. Not on Facebook thankfully. Might check in on MySpace and Friends Reunited to ensure people are towing the line.

• @FmG said:
    The video of it which the club have just put out makes it look a lot better than the picture from the original article. Charity aspect of the profit very relevant though

Where might I locate this?

• I think the problem with extending the football family is that some members are a bit socially intolerant.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think the problem with extending the football family is that some members are a bit socially intolerant.

And that is why it is important to call out members of the family when they are showing intolerance, especially when they express it in private/there own homes.

• Facebook group ended up having to delete all comments and stop anymore from being made. Shame as it stops actual fans from making genuine comments. It's actually quite easy to block someone on Facebook, so I'd like to think this would be the best thing to do as it seems to be the same 20-30 faces making all the comments.

Thankfully they havnt found twitter yet.

• edited December 2021

@HolmerBlue said:

They have (well, one at least). That racist goon who was making those firework comments about AAH is still knocking around too.

• Would make a great keepers shirt for the season rather than the pink one.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Facebook group ended up having to delete all comments and stop anymore from being made. Shame as it stops actual fans from making genuine comments. It's actually quite easy to block someone on Facebook, so I'd like to think this would be the best thing to do as it seems to be the same 20-30 faces making all the comments.

If there is a racist or homophobic goon out there who hasn’t found Twitter I’d be amazed

• @Glenactico said:
    Where might I locate this?

• Did we establish that none of the money goes to Stonewall or anyone else but Wycombe Wanderers?

• edited December 2021

I asked two different people at the club - didn't get an answer from one and the other wasn't sure. Several people also tweeted them to no avail. Best I could get was that WWSET seemed to think the money did go to the campaign ?‍♂️ I've bought it but will make a donation to Stonewall on top.

• I'm sorry, but the wording of that is intended to convey the impression that the campaign will be directly rewarded if you buy one of those shirts.

If it is not, then it is a very cynical ploy to piggy back the campaign and make some money for the football club and I can't believe so many people are so comfortable with that

• It would be an awful decision if all of the profits from these shirt sales aren’t going to the campaign.

• I also find it pretty gross. Surprised Blooms would be OK with that (if he is) as he's been a rainbow laces ambassador for years I think.

• Think I might be judging Wycombe stories in the same way I do with anything the Government says.
    There is nothing in any article to say that any money is going to the charity so I have to assume it is not. Add to that no-one has come out to clarify and I think the club are taking any profit.

Poor show indeed.

• I have no idea about costs involved in setting up a production run for a shirt, especially one where sales will be probably be small. It’s possible that no profit will be made but it’s thought to be worthwhile to raise the LGBT+ profile within football and WWFC in particular.

So perhaps once order volumes are known it’s then Rhine to see if at least some of the profits, if any, can be passed to Stonewall.

• I've bought it, looks great and for once the quarter lines add to, rather than take away from the shirt