Skip to content

New shirt for Rainbow Laces

Comments

• It is a very worthwhile cause and potential for a really wonderful shirt....but that is an abomination!!

• Nah, I'm gutted we won't actually wear it. Can guarantee it'll fly off the (virtual) shelves, though!

• that's a great initiative and lovely quotes from the Great Man.

• My god have you seen Facebook ?? All the comments from our 'new' Iraqi supporters !!

Can the club do anything about it ? Ban them, block them ? It looks dreadful

For those of you not on there, comments like ' I hate bi-sexuals' and 'why is your club supporting gays' ...

Not just this post but also another one about Gareth on TV tonight

• That’s a great shirt!

• Well done Wycombe.

• edited December 2021

@HolmerBlue said:
    My god have you seen Facebook ?? All the comments from our 'new' Iraqi supporters !!

For those of you not on there, comments like ' I hate bi-sexuals' and 'why is your club supporting gays' ...

Doesn’t make pleasant reading, especially on our official sites

• Why not just leave the Facebook abuse on Facebook?

• Why not just leave Facebook?

• I haven't had Facebook for a good three years, if not more. What's the typical demographic like on there now?

• What's Facebook?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I haven't had Facebook for a good three years, if not more. What's the typical demographic like on there now?

You can actually hear the mouth breathing.

* disclaimer: Not had a Facebook account for ten years but have the misfortune of occasionally seeing screenshots

• I use Facebook to keep in touch with former workmates all oldies like me and of course I follow our team page. I hope the new fans get the unwritten rules that most of us on there follow.
    Be positive and don’t be horrible.

• I never use Facebook.

• Make a great cycle shirt.

• I love the campaign and the idea but let's not suggest that shirt isn't hideous, what's the crucifix / lazy quarters nod , bit weird but will no doubt be snapped up as a rarity.

• I would have thought it would be a good idea if all profits from the sale of these shirts went to a related charity but it's not stated anywhere, unless I've missed it

• @eric_plant said:
    I would have thought it would be a good idea if all profits from the sale of these shirts went to a related charity but it's not stated anywhere, unless I've missed it

Fair point, seems odd for us to make money from such a campaign.

• Trying to find out. You'd assume so, but clarification would be good.

• I think that would make for a fantastic goalkeepers shirt, given some of the ones we have produced in recent years.

• @TheDancingYak said:
    I think that would make for a fantastic goalkeepers shirt, given some of the ones we have produced in recent years.

Stockdale has actually asked if he can wear it next Tuesday on twitter

• @wwfcblue said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    My god have you seen Facebook ?? All the comments from our 'new' Iraqi supporters !!

Doesn’t make pleasant reading, especially on our official sites

>

They’ve limited who can comment on this facebook post now and deleted the comments.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@TheDancingYak said:
    I think that would make for a fantastic goalkeepers shirt, given some of the ones we have produced in recent years.

Stockdale has actually asked if he can wear it next Tuesday on twitter

I guess the question would be, does it clash with any other kit, or even does it clash with every kit?

• That shirt is absolutely glorious. It will be the first I’ve purchased from the club in over a decade.

Absolutely sensational and for a positive campaign. I hope we play in it at some point. Pre season friendly perhaps?

Personally I think any kit that isn’t our first choice home kit should be as standout as possible. I’m desperate for them to recreate the green and white striped kit at some point. Perhaps for the 23/24 season to mark 30 years since our first FL fixture.

• I'm all for having an extra 'throwback' kit every season. There's so much demand for retro, even if it's a remake.

• Goalkeeper's shirt, surely? Baz would be proud of designing that!

• edited December 2021

@StrongestTeam said:
    I love the campaign and the idea but let's not suggest that shirt isn't hideous, what's the crucifix / lazy quarters nod , bit weird but will no doubt be snapped up as a rarity.

I think the idea is that it's a rainbow 'flooded' version of the home shirt - like those blackout shirts which seem to have become all the rage recently.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    I love the campaign and the idea but let's not suggest that shirt isn't hideous, what's the crucifix / lazy quarters nod , bit weird but will no doubt be snapped up as a rarity.

I think the idea is that it's a rainbow 'flooded' version of the home shirt - like those blackout shirts which seem to have become all the rage recently.

It's just the home shirt plus about 30 seconds on Photoshop. Wouldn't be surprised if Pete had already specced it up for Mardi Gras.
    I like the way it's pretty much all existing used colours though, can't quite decide if it's growing on me.