Skip to content

Song to unite the terrace.

Without getting into the whole terrace atmosphere debate, has anyone got an idea for a song to unite the AP crowd.
I have been lucky enough to hear Goodnight Irene, by the Gasheads (horse punchers), Delilah at Stoke, Geasy Chip Butty at the Blades, seen on YouTube Sunshine on Leith at Hibs (not having premier league tosh Walk On or 3 little birds by someone we seem to beat regularly)
Some club I seem to recall Hey Jude. These can really make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
AP needs one. The best I can think off is Dirty old town, but I think a team has that, and it only came to me at a very loud gig last night.

Comments

• We have our own song, the Old Bucks Boys. It's just the tune isn't very catchy. Someone needs to modernise it.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Without getting into the whole terrace atmosphere debate, has anyone got an idea for a song to unite the AP crowd.
    I have been lucky enough to hear Goodnight Irene, by the Gasheads (horse punchers), Delilah at Stoke, Geasy Chip Butty at the Blades, seen on YouTube Sunshine on Leith at Hibs (not having premier league tosh Walk On or 3 little birds by someone we seem to beat regularly)
    Some club I seem to recall Hey Jude. These can really make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
    AP needs one. The best I can think off is Dirty old town, but I think a team has that, and it only came to me at a very loud gig last night.

It even has a shed-building drummer

• Ah, "Sunshine on Leith". Thinking dispassionately, possibly my favourite crowd footage ever. Yes, Hampden Park half-full, with all the Rangers fans long gone... Beautifully passionate scenes.

It would be great to create something like that, the next time we win at Wembley.

• There are so many terrace dwellers this season, if @TheChair could perform his usual role of leading the chanting/singing it could be very successful provided the words and tune are fairly simple and repetitive. Need to start rehearsals soon in order to build up to a Wembley crescendo!

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Ah, "Sunshine on Leith". Thinking dispassionately, possibly my favourite crowd footage ever. Yes, Hampden Park half-full, with all the Rangers fans long gone... Beautifully passionate scenes.

It would be great to create something like that, the next time we win at Wembley.

Makes me well up every time.

• “Sunshine on Leith” by Hibs fans. Wow just wow. I’ve not seen this before. Incredible scenes.

• I think it did help that the Proclaimers where local lads. Would be nice if one of our own could pen something similar. Anyone know what Howard Jones is up to these days?

• Get Little Mix on the case

• Little Mix?

• They’re leprechauns, aren’t they?

• Hi everyone,

I did try and drum up some interest in this a while back, even had a good chat with Phil on RTBs with the club even getting behind it.

Alas, I’m embarrassed to say the interest was less than zero. I had two people express interest.

Unfortunately I just don’t think many people overly care which is a shame.

Maybe one day you never know!

• No need to be embarrassed @boozyblue85 (great username!). I think the expression currently in vogue is “baby steps”. If two or three sing/chant lustily and frequently enough it can have the reverse effect of one rotten apple. Don’t give up the ship!

PS for as committed a fan as you clearly are a dozen visits a year to the Gasroom seems remarkably meagre. Love to hear from you more often. Hopefully to say how successful your efforts to get us singing turned out to be.

• Thanks @micra its not a forlorn hope!

I used to go on the old Gasroom quite a bit, but a bit more of a hop in and out these days. Will definitely posting a bit more now!

Would really love to unite the terrace again. We have a great bunch of fans.

• The irony is that I can’t recall a recent season when it has been so packed. I suspect a significant percentage are newbies who just need a bit longer to get into the swing.

• I was at Wednesday on Saturday and it’s been very noticeable how many young fans I’m seeing now. Really great to see

• Same…fantastic away support on Saturday

• I know we have a large following of mainly ex Pat's,or children of ex Pat's in Aylesbury. But now we are on a more stable financial, we should really be marketing ourselves as the team for people of Bucks.
    A few free tickets or heavily discounted ones sprinkled around schools in neighbouring towns and villages in Bucks.
    Get the bug, while we are relatively successful, and you have a sound investment for years.

• The traditionally "loud" people are being priced and culturally moved away from football, that's not just a wycombe phenomenon. The game is being rapidly sanitised

• @Username said:
    The traditionally "loud" people are being priced and culturally moved away from football, that's not just a wycombe phenomenon. The game is being rapidly sanitised

Not in the lower leagues…surely?

• @Username said:
    The traditionally "loud" people are being priced and culturally moved away from football, that's not just a wycombe phenomenon. The game is being rapidly sanitised

Nooooo... The thought of Adams Park looking/sounding like Stamford Bridge, with their culturally superior supporters sitting there ignoring the game as they try to complete the current Times crossword has brought me to tears. Can we stay in League One please.

• @HomerLone said:

@Username said:

Nooooo... The thought of Adams Park looking/sounding like Stamford Bridge, with their culturally superior supporters sitting there ignoring the game as they try to complete the current Times crossword has brought me to tears. Can we stay in League One please.

I think you're thinking of Fulham. Chelsea are the ones with the racism problem.

• @HomerLone said:

@Username said:

Never heard Stamford Bridge described like that and I feel slightly sorry it's never been like that when I've been.

• Is Blue Monday already sung by another club?

• Story of the Blues. Case closed.
    Anthem

• Great shout @TheAndyGrahamFanClub

I was listening to "blues eyes in the rain" by Willie Nelson and thought that had something about it being sung by the terrace. But then I'm biased as I love the song!

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Story of the Blues. Case closed.
    Anthem

Hear Hear
    I wish they would give it a run, instead of that awful high pitched voice rock, they belt out before games.

• Keeping with the blue theme and Willie Nelson, Blue skies is another belter

• Agreed with ‘Story of the Blues’.
    And (much like Jaggers singing ‘Two Little Birds’ when things aren’t so great), we should adopt ‘I guess that’s why they call it the blues’ on the off days.

• Is that the one that goes “that’s the story of, that’s the glory of......” @perfidious_albion ?

• Almost certainly not, I reckon, having run it through in my head!