Skip to content

Sunderland game on the telly!

13»

Comments

• @wwfcblue said:

@drcongo said:

@wwfcblue said:
    Anyway I’m delighted we are on TV as our record in front of the cameras is second to none

Huddersfield just called and asked if you'd like to check that statement.

A hint of sarcasm on my part, we have a woeful record for League games in front of the Sky cameras.

I did wonder, my sarcometer must be on the blink.

• @glasshalffull said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    12.30 kick off “Sky’s House, Sky’s Rules”.

Unreasonable comment. Sky pay for rights to screen games and in return have contracted rights to move k.o. times. There are rules forbidding the televising of 3pm games so that’s why it’s a 1230 start.

Lighten up Alan it was just an observational play on words based on the what Darius Charles told Sunderland. And, as others have indicated, it didn’t have to be 12.30 anyway.

• Is it still available on i-follow for overseas subscribers?

• @eric_plant said:

@username123 said:
    Can’t we just be happy we are selected to be on TV against one of the bigger clubs in our league, hopefully raising our profile a bit further? Totally appreciate it will cause some people difficulties but we are all fully aware when we buy our season tickets that fixtures times can change, it’s kind of part of the deal. It’s not like we are on telly that often is it! Someone mentioned kids football clashing - I’ll tell all the kids I coach to get back home quick from training and watch their local team on the telly for a change and not just Chelsea / Liverpool / Man City etc like normal, or even better to watch their local team live for a change and maybe get themselves on TV. Sorry rant over but I do really feel some people miss the point sometimes. Oh, and I was on Roker Beach stuffing my face by 12.30 when we last went up there, so it is doable for them and they probably get home at a decent hour too (and have less traffic on the way down).

Cool, let's move all games to 12:30 shall we?

No, let’s just be thankful that Sky even want to show one of our games which could actually help raise our profile, then build a bridge and get over it ?