Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Derby County FFP and the EFL

1424345474865

Comments

  • £8k owed to SJA - despicable in the current climate

  • £3,500 owed to one of their fan forums too for unpaid advertising fees.

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • Their fans laud Rooney for paying the players hotel costs when they travel away. He’s on a reported 90k a week, his mate Paul Stretford has been in the trough too, and yet the SJA stand to lose. Maybe their sense of priority is a factor here.

  • Not paying SJA is absolutely disgusting. Hope that gets picked up on by the media to shame them

  • See that Derby fans have carried out fund raising and raised £8k for SJA to cover the clubs debt. Being paid direct to SJA as a donation so the debt still legally exists but has been covered.

    Got to give the fans some credit

    👍 👎 ( 9 )
  • Is there anyone within a five mile radius of Shame Park that they don't owe money to?

  • @carrickblue said:
    See that Derby fans have carried out fund raising and raised £8k for SJA to cover the clubs debt. Being paid direct to SJA as a donation so the debt still legally exists but has been covered.

    Got to give the fans some credit

    Just goes to show how much better a person the average Derby fan is than Mel Morris. His 'I wll fight this all the way' at the end of last season landed blows on St John's Ambluance and to a nearly equal amount on the NHS local trust - also for ambulance staff. And he is the one with the CBE, for services to business and charitable services.

  • edited November 2021

    Apologies I made a post on the wrong thread - that post is now in the right place.

    However I did just find out that Electoral Commission records show Mel Morris as making a single donation of £10,000 to the Conservative and Unionist Party. That donation was in June 2017, and it was in June 2017 that he was awarded a birthday honours CBE.

  • I the wrong thread but i put mine up yesterday.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • edited November 2021

    @robin said:
    I the wrong thread but i put mine up yesterday.

    Sorted (and apologies again to all - for answering on the wrong thread)

  • @railwaysteve said:
    Apologies I made a post on the wrong thread - that post is now in the right place.

    However I did just find out that Electoral Commission records show Mel Morris as making a single donation of £10,000 to the Conservative and Unionist Party. That donation was in June 2017, and it was in June 2017 that he was awarded a birthday honours CBE.

    Didn't know CBE's were that cheap to buy nowadays. I might make a cheeky bid of £5k to get an MBE!

  • A corrupt tory shafting everyone around him? Whatever next.

    👍 👎 ( 5 )
  • Get in QPR ! Hopefully a 90th minute winner

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Beautiful. This would put Derby 19 points from safety. I wish Fulham and Bournemouth could have stayed true to form and made it 23!

  • Great finish as well !

    • Chef's kiss *
    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • Rooney hilariously adding on the Beeb that he's been given the nod they'll be fine either way. HMRC need to tell em to either feck right off or pay it off gradually over years.
    Remember they deducted this money from players and employees wages and then just prioritised signing players over passing it on to the taxman.

  • Some Derby fans are suggesting a huge fire sale to get it paid. Works for me - I don't want them to go under, but anything that can guarantee their rightful place in L1 while avoiding a precedent for getting away with debt to HRMC (though they still will do the usual screwing over of smaller vendors) is fine by me.

  • @Shev said:
    Some Derby fans are suggesting a huge fire sale to get it paid. Works for me - I don't want them to go under, but anything that can guarantee their rightful place in L1 while avoiding a precedent for getting away with debt to HRMC (though they still will do the usual screwing over of smaller vendors) is fine by me.

    Doubt the squad would sell for enough to pay the debt but surely you can't be expecting to retain your squad whilst also playing the beggar to the taxman.

  • The worst HMRC will agree to is a repayment schedule.
    They may review the amount owed based on new information but they will not waive the debt

  • @Shev @StrongestTeam Luckily, there's a transfer window round the corner, so they can sell all the players they need to and see if that's enough to cover it.

  • Tom Lawrence would certainly cover the first instalment.

    But like the cheating, deluded shithouses they are, they want to keep hold of him to help fire them back to their rightful home in the Championship.

    At least they’ve stopped claiming their rightful home is the Premier League.

  • @arnos_grove said:
    Tom Lawrence would certainly cover the first instalment.

    Maybe not…..

    Derby County captain Tom Lawrence is again being linked with a move away from the East Midlands.

    This comes as Lawrence 's future continues to be discussed and the list of clubs reportedly interested in taking the Wales international off of Derby's hands grows.

    The Rams were reported as being ‘willing to allow’ the forward to leave the club on a free transfer due to him being one of the highest earners at Pride Park since signing from Leicester City in 2017.

    From Derby Telegraph

  • @carrickblue said:

    @arnos_grove said:
    Tom Lawrence would certainly cover the first instalment.

    Maybe not…..

    Derby County captain Tom Lawrence is again being linked with a move away from the East Midlands.

    This comes as Lawrence 's future continues to be discussed and the list of clubs reportedly interested in taking the Wales international off of Derby's hands grows.

    The Rams were reported as being ‘willing to allow’ the forward to leave the club on a free transfer due to him being one of the highest earners at Pride Park since signing from Leicester City in 2017.

    From Derby Telegraph

    If he's on £1.5m a year as reported with a couple of years left on his contract that's a good saving but everyone knows they're skint and he'll want out so no they won't be raising a packet there. The debts are huge, everything will rest in how much they are allowed to write off and how much they have to pay or borrow. With new owners and lots of fans they'll be fine going forward on reduced costs unless they are made to stand their debts or get ideas above their place again.

  • Look at that, enough money retained in the bank to cover debts. It'll never catch on.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • edited December 2021

    Some of the replies there show how little some people understand football. "But they got relegated!" Yes, just, and possibly unfairly and now look, who's in the better position for the future: Wycombe or Derby? Or any number of other big spending clubs wondering when the rug might get pulled.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
Sign In or Register to comment.