Skip to content

Anis Mehmeti

13»

Comments

• Weren’t they reading each other’s minds quite impressively right up to the match when McCleary had his shoulder put out?

• @micra said:
    Mehmeti before Horgan for me. Exciting before frustrating.

Especially as he's scored more in 2 games than Horgan has scored in 18months here.

• There is certainly a place for Horgan in the squad.

According to Transfermarkt (not sure if this is any good or not)

Horgan had 0 goals and 2 assists in 40 league games last season
    (2522 minutes - 63mins avg per game)

Horgan has one goal and 2 assists in 13 league games this season
    (762 minutes - 59mins avg per game)

Mehmeti had 3 goals and 1 assists in 29 league games last season
    (1495 minutes - 51 mins per game)

Mehmeti has 3 goals and 1 assist in 12 league games this season
    (590 minutes - 49 mins avg per game)

Total minutes divided by 90 minutes divided by goals scored / assists here are the stats:

Horgan gets a goal every 36.48 games and an assist every 9.12 league games.

Mehmeti gets a goal every 3.86 games and an assist every 11.58 games.

Both are attacking midfielders, both offer options but Mehmeti starts ahead of Horgan every time for me, he just makes things happen.

Appreciate stats are not everything but given we are working on moneyball style system, I'm amazed Mehmeti doesn't get more minutes...

• Mehmeti wins pens too, though they are subsequently missed...

• Haha! I don't have the stats on pens won or goals conceded by losing possession - is that even a thing?

• edited November 2021

2 pens won, no errors leading to a goal (I know there was the one v Middlesbrough, but I think it needs to more directly lead to it in order to come up in the data).

• Fred has won the most pens for us since 2014/15 (as far back as Opta date goes) with 5

• edited November 2021

Have gone down a statistical rabbit hole now and I like this one: Garath McCleary has won possession in the final third more times than any other Wycombe player this season (18 @ 1.44/90). Excellent anticipation of where the loose ball is going to land and arguably underrated pressing ability.

• And another one before I stop stat-spamming... Anis averages 7.03 touches/90 in the opposition box. The most in the league of any player to play at least the equivalent of five full games...

• This isn't a Mehmeti or Horgan discussion for me, I think they should both be in the team !

• I'd like to see all three of them behind Vokes cause I think it would be pretty spectacular, but I feel you need Hanlan in there as that conduit for fast transitions by just ploughing through everyone.

• We have too many good players. Where can I file a complaint? How poorly run are we to end up with too much talent!

• edited November 2021

Trevor Aylott.
    Fola Onibuji.
    Paul Hyde’s striker cameo vs Marlow.

(Sorry, just felt we needed some balance).

• @Malone said:

@Forest_Blue said:
    We love Anis, but no one has as yet named a team that would want to buy him for big money and a big salary?

Why do you keep banging on about this? Many of us have said it's his future value and salary that can be high, not necessarily immmediate.

And who would have predicted 750k for Uche?

Because people are pitching in this thread that Anis is worth a £1m transfer fee in January and £400k to £500k salary and I would simply like people to suggest which clubs are going to pay that…if it’s true. And if people can’t suggest names of those clubs then it isn’t likely to be true, is it?

• If he had ever been to Portugal for at least 5 mins, or had ever seen Olympiakos play on TV then Forest probably would make an offer to be fair

• @username123 said:
    If he had ever been to Portugal for at least 5 mins, or had ever seen Olympiakos play on TV then Forest probably would make an offer to be fair

Que ?!

• @micra said:

@username123 said:
    If he had ever been to Portugal for at least 5 mins, or had ever seen Olympiakos play on TV then Forest probably would make an offer to be fair

Que ?!

This is the demographic that links just about anybody to Forest in recent years!

• Very discerning of them!

• edited November 2021

@Forest_Blue said:

@Malone said:

@Forest_Blue said:
    We love Anis, but no one has as yet named a team that would want to buy him for big money and a big salary?

Why do you keep banging on about this? Many of us have said it's his future value and salary that can be high, not necessarily immmediate.

And who would have predicted 750k for Uche?

Because people are pitching in this thread that Anis is worth a £1m transfer fee in January and £400k to £500k salary and I would simply like people to suggest which clubs are going to pay that…if it’s true. And if people can’t suggest names of those clubs then it isn’t likely to be true, is it?

People aren't reallt doing that at all.
    One person mentioned the fb thread hypothetical question of "if" we were offered 1m would we take it.
    A few of us said we'd snatch that, being such a high fee, others said no-one would offer that now, but he "could" be worth more in future.
    I think only one poster, @mooneyman actually said someone could offer it now.

But your point of "who" would offer it is unusual as who knew who would offer other fees we've had before?
    Who thought Boro would pay up to 1m for Uche etc.

• @Malone said:
    I think only one poster, @mooneyman actually said someone could offer it now.

But your point of "who" would offer it is unusual as who knew who would offer other fees we've had before?
    Who thought Boro would pay up to 1m for Uche etc.

I believe it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a Premier club could take a punt on Mehmeti. An example is Chelsea buying Exeter's 16 year old Ethan Ampadu in 2018 for £2.5m. 19 year old Matt Grimes signed for Swansea for £2m in 2015 again from Exeter.

£1m sounds a lot to us, but for a Premier League club like Chelsea it is the equivalent of five weeks wages for their best players. If they sign 10 Mehmeti's one of them might well come off and a couple of others after top coaching may turn out good enough to eventually attract a small transfer fee or loan fees. Just look how many youngsters Chelsea (and even Watford) have out on loan that will never play for their parent clubs.

For the sake of clarity, I don't think he will leave in January as it is not in his (or his Agents) interest to do so.

• We just don’t know what Anis or his agent might consider in his best interests. That’s one of the reasons why most of us are concerned that his departure in January or in May would not only deprive us of the joy that his developing talent brings but, if in January, could significantly reduce our chances of a swift return to the Championship. Ironically, he would in effect be a proxy for the player @aloysius seemed convinced would have kept us up there if we’d signed him last January.

• Who ever doubted that the Gasroom had influence over club workings ...

• @username123 said:

Fair, very fair. Forest sell the best ones (Antonio, Cash) and use the money to buy very pricey replacements.