Skip to content

Sunderland game on the telly!

Comments

• 12:30 kick off !! Ffs... yes sky, anything you say sky

• edited November 2021

sh!t sh!t sh!t

• At last a Saturday where posters don't need to wave their VPN's about.

This is FA Cup weekend isn't it? Maybe our abject displays against Hartlepool were part of a grand plan

• In my instant selfish reaction, I hadn't stopped to think how the Mackems are gonna feel - they have an additional 1 1/2 hours travel. Seriously early start for them!

• I am with Holmer Blue. Assuming we will make a little out of the Pie in the Sky money. But Sunderland wont sell out the end if they can watch on telly.

• Third in a trilogy of instant thoughts... we'll need to select a new pantomime villain for the day, as McGeady and O'Nien will both be missing.

• You think 1230 is early, it’s a 630am kick off for @shev and I.

• Sunderland fans will need to set off at about 5 in the morning

The football authorities do not give two shits about fans that go to games

Rubbish news

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Third in a trilogy of instant thoughts... we'll need to select a new pantomime villain for the day, as McGeady and O'Nien will both be missing.

Both long-term injuries?

• I know that you will expect me to say this, but there are also positives in being selected for live TV coverage, the fee being the most important along with the publicity value and increased sponsorship etc. The Sky deal provides vital and regular income to EFL clubs and they are paying for the right to move fixtures to fit their schedules. If/when we regain our place in the Championship disruption to the original fixture list will become a regular thing and it is, of course, far worse for supporters of Premier League clubs

• @eric_plant said:
    Sunderland fans will need to set off at about 5 in the morning

Rubbish news

Completely agree. One of our potential full houses/big earners. Hopefully there are enough southern based Mackems knocking about. (Those who haven't already decided never to come again anyway...)

• @ReturnToSenda I believe so - Luke did something bad to his shoulder and is out for 3 months, and McGeady had a 12 wk recovery estimate when he was recently injured.

• edited November 2021

At least should be fewer Sunderland fans to vandalise the ground this time (then again, I suspect those particular idiots go home and away no matter the kick-off time).

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @ReturnToSenda I believe so - Luke did something bad to his shoulder and is out for 3 months, and McGeady had a 12 wk recovery estimate when he was recently injured.

I think after he first did his shoulder their fans were moaning for a while about 09 playing through the pain and discomfort for them...the selfish bastard.

• Whilst I don't wish injury on anyone, some might say there's some karma in the fact that while O9 is busy sorting his shoulder out, Mehmeti, who O9 goaded into exercising his fists back in August and having some unwelcome downtime as a result, is now busy sorting out his League One goalscoring record.

• No way Sunderland won't sell out the away end, whatever the KO time and telly option. They have fans everywhere - I know at least 6 who live nearby (and all of whom are lovely people). Nice bit of extra cash too for the transfer window if needed.

• Hope Scowen is fit again for this one.

• I would imagine that if the Sky commentators dare to compliment us or fail to identify and condemn our constant Dark Arts, Sunderland fans will find watching it on the TV just as inflammatory.

• @Chris said:
    Hope Scowen is fit again for this one.

That would be a real bonus.

• @Chris said:
    Hope Scowen is fit again for this one.

First goal of the season?

• edited November 2021

@floyd said:
    You think 1230 is early, it’s a 630am kick off for @shev and I.

All for the dubious benefit of no Phil Catchpole and the unfamiliar commentators getting facts and pronunciations wrong.

We will get close ups of spitting thanks to Sky cameras, though, so there is that!

• @eric_plant said:
    Sunderland fans will need to set off at about 5 in the morning

Rubbish news

You could easily drive it in 4.5 hours with a quick toilet break. If you set off at 7am you could easily be at the ground by 12 having parked up and had lunch at Linda's.

Agreed though that the change in KO time is a kick in the teeth for Sunderland fans and Wycombe fans who work in the morning or take kids to Saturday morning footy/sports matches.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    No way Sunderland won't sell out the away end, whatever the KO time and telly option. They have fans everywhere - I know at least 6 who live nearby (and all of whom are lovely people). Nice bit of extra cash too for the transfer window if needed.

Tend to agree with this. I'm sure they'll sell out. I think we will as well, especially if our form continues to be good leading up to the game.

• @Shev said:

@floyd said:

All for the dubious benefit of no Phil Catchpole and the unfamiliar commentators getting facts and pronunciations wrong.

We will get close ups of spitting thanks to Sky cameras, though, so there is that!

I wonder if we'll get the guy who kept calling JJ 'Yakobson.'

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    No way Sunderland won't sell out the away end, whatever the KO time and telly option. They have fans everywhere - I know at least 6 who live nearby (and all of whom are lovely people). Nice bit of extra cash too for the transfer window if needed.

Tend to agree with this. I'm sure they'll sell out. I think we will as well, especially if our form continues to be good leading up to the game.

The great thing this season is that it is so close for so many teams. Even if you count every game in hand as a win, no-one is exactly pulling away from the pack yet. Exciting times.

• Another game on my season ticket I can't attend, but there you go.

• @floyd said:

@Shev said:

@floyd said:

Shame we won’t get a repeat of ‘Omyemyimya’

• Although it means an early start (0614 train I think) with the East Coast Main Line trains all over the place again (not sure it’s actually doable by train from Sunderland) it does at least mean that I can get home the same day

• So much respect for you lot who make the trek of 100+ (?) miles for home games ?

• @53cheese said:

@floyd said:

@Shev said:

@floyd said:

Shame we won’t get a repeat of ‘Omyemyimya’

It's the Worldwide Leader.