Skip to content

Man of the Match - Sheffield Wednesday

Great point! Who gets MOTM?

Poll not found

Comments

• Thought Stewart was a monster at the back, Stocko made a worldie save, Anis & Obita scored but for me Wheeler was absolutely immense all game and gets my vote

• Stewart for me. Tempted to put Obita as that was a quality goal, but we had to be right on our game today and he put in so many vital challenges. Others did too, but Stewart seemed to have that extra level.

• Stewart was absolutely imperious again.

Stockdale was partially at fault for the second goal but otherwise was outstanding.

• Stocko. Shambolic at the back today and I think they all have to take some responsibility - especially for the complete communication breakdown for their first goal.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
      Stocko. Shambolic at the back today and I think they all have to take some responsibility - especially for the complete communication breakdown for their first goal.

Yet Stocko and Stewart get most Motm votes?

• edited November 2021

@Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
      Stocko. Shambolic at the back today and I think they all have to take some responsibility - especially for the complete communication breakdown for their first goal.

Yet Stocko and Stewart get most Motm votes?

Well Stocko did dig us out of more than a few holes with some outstanding saves...

• I had to go Stockdale - too many great saves too ignore.

• A shout out to Obita though - what a way to open his Wycombe account! Delighted that he gets that hero moment.

• Was going for Stocko but for that 2nd goal, went right through him. Apart from that though he was very good. Went for Wheeler and thought I maybe the only one but glad to see he has a couple of votes.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
      Was going for Stocko but for that 2nd goal, went right through him. Apart from that though he was very good. Went for Wheeler and thought I maybe the only one but glad to see he has a couple of votes.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he saw it late through a crowd, but Wheeler is a great shout too. I feel like we could stick Wheels anywhere on the pitch and he would do us proud. Such a Swiss Army Knife.

• Had to go Stocko. His family were sitting right behind us. They seemed a fine bunch.

• Stocko made some great saves, but their second goal going straight past him didn't look great from our vantage point directly behind, so no vote for him this week. Stewart MOTM for me.

• Having seen their second goal again, I would retract my vote for Stocko (but rules are rules ?‍♂️).

• @NewburyWanderer It's a shame for Stocko that some great 'keeping in tricky conditions was spoilt by that goal, which from my similar vantage point (just behind the loud bloke with the Bodger cuddly toy thing) lacked any kind of mitigation. He was just too late getting down, and it went right through him, unfortunately. His anger with himself was plain for all to see. However, the 'Banks' save in the first half was a goal all the way, so it's good that was captured on the highlights for balance...

• @Shev said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:
      Was going for Stocko but for that 2nd goal, went right through him. Apart from that though he was very good. Went for Wheeler and thought I maybe the only one but glad to see he has a couple of votes.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he saw it late through a crowd, but Wheeler is a great shout too. I feel like we could stick Wheels anywhere on the pitch and he would do us proud. Such a Swiss Army Knife.

Skis might have been more useful than wheels at a lot of grounds yesterday but I am persuaded that ‘Wheels’ is a jack of all trades (though unproven as a goalkeeper and not in the exciting category).

• @LeedsBlue said:
      @NewburyWanderer It's a shame for Stocko that some great 'keeping in tricky conditions was spoilt by that goal, which from my similar vantage point (just behind the loud bloke with the Bodger cuddly toy thing) lacked any kind of mitigation. He was just too late getting down, and it went right through him, unfortunately. His anger with himself was plain for all to see. However, the 'Banks' save in the first half was a goal all the way, so it's good that was captured on the highlights for balance...

I also thought his block in the last minute was great, but it seemed to go a bit un noticed

• Was that when their bloke kept ploughing through even though it looked like we'd cleared it several times? If so, it was such a scary moment I can't remember clearly how it ended. Maybe I had my eyes closed...