Skip to content

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 20 - Sat 27rd Nov

Deadline : 2PM Matchday

Good evening all. Today is Wednesday and as it turns out Saturday is also Wednesday!

... And now I've got my silly joke out of the way, this is the thread to put your attendance predictions for the Wanderers' trip to Sheffield this coming weekend. COYB!

Comments

• 21,835 with 697 Chairboys/girls

• 22,222 with 666 away fans

• 21,000, 700 away.

• 21765 with 654

• 21890 including 689 singing Chaifolk.

• 20736 with 642 hardy souls from Wycombe

• Already sold 700

• 22558 (899 needing lengthy treatment for a late head injury)

• Amendment! 21,635 with 897 away

• Or if I can't change the total I'll just change the away number. Can't remember the rules.

• I will keep my total as I believe I have to...but please amend my away total to 899
    Thanks

• @railwaybeth has just pointed out:

@DJWYC14 said:
    Or if I can't change the total I'll just change the away number. Can't remember the rules.

and

@Alexo said:
    I will keep my total as I believe I have to...but please amend my away total to 899
    Thanks

The rule about alterations - mainly just becasue for me it could become a bit unmanageable - is that the only time alterations come to light is when important information comes to light and then you are only allowed to convert opposition fans to Wycombe fans - that seemed such a charming thing to happen that I had to allow it. There is no way that defeating the League Leaders 0 -3 is not a major event and the news that we have already sold 700 is important information indeed.

So you must keep the total the same but can increase the number of fine Wycombe fans - (who will doubtless be making some noise).

I planned this one as soon as the fixutre list was out, accomodation booked and everything, but not quite well enough to re-instate the arrangements. Good luck to all who travel.

Happy predicting - and these revisions accepted by us with considerable amount of joy.

• 22,579 with 895 away please

• 21740 with 901 with the ref in their pockets.

• @railwaysteve

I would like to amend my prediction to 20736 with 842 hardy souls from Wycombe

• 22,222 but upping the away fans to 999

• 21,980 with 902 Chairboys.

• edited November 2021

Deadline - 2pm Matchday

This match officially is allowed conversions of longing suffering Owls to Wycombe fans, because we won 0 - 3 at Plymouth and there has been an announcement that we have sold 700 tickets.
    You must retain your the total crowd but can increase the number of fine Wycombe fans - Please from now on please the word conversion in any such post - it will make those posts separately searchable.

To date, on Match Day Eve at 2pm we have -

10 predictions:

Average for Total Crowd: 21830
    Average for Away Crowd 862

I know it is a big match and difficult to predict but I reckon it will make at least one person a new personal best.

• Been waiting to get all my ducks in a row, although noone should be offended by my predicted chairboys contingent.

22222 with 888 away fans

• great to have you back @railwaysteve I'm sure it's disappointing not to be able to get to this game, but it sounds like it shouldn't be too long.

20,904 with 781 most welcome visitors from Wycombe.

• 22022 including 876 us.

• 21840 including 920 chairboys and girls

• 22,014 with 888, thanks!

• Heavy snowfall, travel chaos, a grand stadium and a historic club. It’s got all the makings of a legendary away day hasn’t it?

• Sleet and strong to gale force winds seem to be the order of the day, making it feel like minus 4 degrees centigrade. Waterproofs and wind proofs over several layers of warm clothing highly recommended . Brrrrr.

21,250 including 875 hardy southerners, please.

• 23,089 plus 802 Away with a few Timothy Tick Offs

• 23,232 with 678 chair people !

• Only light snow predicted in Sheffield but all you brave Bucks people make sure you take your big coat.

• 22145 with 897 away.

Does anyone know where we’ll be accommodated? Surely not the uncovered corner?

• @Glenactico said:
    22145 with 897 away.

Does anyone know where we’ll be accommodated? Surely not the uncovered corner?

Snow showers, rain and wind! Of course it'll be the uncovered corner.