Skip to content

Keith Scott's Secret Santa

Firstly, hello from Berkshire - I'm hoping my location won't get me too much abuse around these parts!

And secondly, thanks to one of those odd twists of fate, I've gone from watching Keith Scott suffer in one of worst squads I've seen as a Reading fan (but standing out as someone giving his all), to getting his name in the Secret Santa at work.

The main obstacle is that I've got a budget of £10, and I don't want to give him some Christmas tat that anyone could. So, I thought I might try and put together an album of pictures of him in his heyday, and also quotes from people who got to see him at his best.

So my favour to ask of you lovely people, do you have any photos you could share that aren't the standard ones I can find online, or even better, would you be willing to write some words about your experiences of watching him play, the highs, lows and what it meant to you?

If I can get enough I'll get something put together and let him find it under the tree on the 16th December

Comments

• He’d absolutely love a signed picture of Bobby Davro.

• @bluntphil said:
    He’d absolutely love a signed picture of Bobby Davro.

Actually, that might be my easy way out of this....

• No offence but if you intending a SECRET Santa, is telling the world on line what you are planning a particularly good idea?

May I ask what Scotty is doing now?

(Whisper it gently but have you thought of buying him a self confidence boost self help book?)

• I'm hoping he's not going to spend to much time here trying to ruin the highlight of his year ??
    As for what he's doing, it's salesy, but I'd rather not say too much in public. Not that you can't find out with a bit of googling of you're so inclined. Top bloke though.

• Stick a can of Guinness in his gift. TAF fanzine offered him a Guinness a Goal sponsorship deal - it got so costly we stopped going in the Vere Suite after the game!

I’ve got a pic of him, Tim Langford and Simon Stapleton and Jason Cousins suited and swigging Hoffmeister post-match in the tunnel at Wembley after our FA Trophy victory over Runcorn. Will try and dig it out.

• Get him a mirror

• @arnos_grove said:
    Stick a can of Guinness in his gift. TAF fanzine offered him a Guinness a Goal sponsorship deal - it got so costly we stopped going in the Vere Suite after the game!

I’ve got a pic of him, Tim Langford and Simon Stapleton and Jason Cousins suited and swigging Hoffmeister post-match in the tunnel at Wembley after our FA Trophy victory over Runcorn. Will try and dig it out.

Thank you

• When he opens it please have “Feeling hot, hot, hot” ready to play on your phone. “Keithy Scott, Scott, Scott ooooooo”

• I have nothing to offer except to say this is my favourite thread title ever.

• And there’s me thinking he was spreading good cheer and loadsa money whilst disguised as Father Christmas - à la Secret Millionaire, that engrossing TV programme.

• I wonder if he still harbours hopes of following in Gareth’s footsteps.

• @micra said:
    I wonder if he still harbours hopes of following in Gareth’s footsteps.

Or St Nick's

• Much too old to replace Freeman.

• edited December 2021

Here’s a ‘non-standard’ photo of Scotty (sat in the middle) in keeping with the Christmas theme (kids Xmas party in the Vere Suite 1992) ….

Wycombe Wanderers kids Christmas party

• Nice one @Jocks_little_helper . So many tall thin kids.

• Creaser just realised he has left the hand brake off his fork-lift

• Would love to know if there's any Gasroomers in that pic.

• I can identify at least 2 current fans of my generation, not sure if they are gasroomers though