Skip to content

Ikpeazu

You just know he’s going to end up at Peterborough

Comments

• Who must? I think this has already been covered on a separate thread.

Sorry @username123. You must feel like I’m gunning for you. I’m definitely not.

• Further apology. I misread your post. I thought you’d said “You must know” rather than you just know.

• @username123 said:
    You just know he’s going to end up at Peterborough

I just sicked up in my mouth.

• He hasn’t really been given a chance at Middlesbrough. We haven’t got the money to get him back and even if we did, it would be hard to justify another forward when we need recruits at the back imho.

• Who needs defenders if we can get about six players scoring goals??? :smiley:

• Hopefully someone pays decent money for him and we trouser a sell-on fee.

• @Shev said:
    Hopefully someone pays decent money for him and we trouser a sell-on fee.

We would only get a sell on fee if he sells for more than they paid us. This is unlikely.

• I think it's the defence Posh need working on, not their attack. Worst defensive record in the league, isn't it?

• Seriously why would he go to them - Knight cannot seem to get a game for them (having said that Muskwe & Fred are only getting on from the bench for Luton) suspect they all might be wishing they stayed with us

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Seriously why would he go to them - Knight cannot seem to get a game for them (having said that Muskwe & Fred are only getting on from the bench for Luton) suspect they all might be wishing they stayed with us

Knight got booked at the weekend for a bit of argy bargy didn't he?

• he did but was a only a late sub from the bench

• @Shev said:
    Hopefully someone pays decent money for him and we trouser a sell-on fee.

Forgot about that aspect. Would be very annoying if he then played well at wherever he goes next and Boro went on to get a sell on fee

• @micra said:
    Further apology. I misread your post. I thought you’d said “You must know” rather than you just know.

?? we’ve all done it mate !

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Seriously why would he go to them - Knight cannot seem to get a game for them (having said that Muskwe & Fred are only getting on from the bench for Luton) suspect they all might be wishing they stayed with us

I honestly don’t think it’s inconceivable as they love a striker with potential, I’d expect he would want to play in the champ and he previously played for Cambridge which isn’t a million miles away. Plus if he isn’t getting many chances at Boro then you could expect that the only way is down (new club wise) in the same division.

• Conversely, how were we paid? If in instalments then perhaps we could be in a position to resign him, or loan from Jan to summer and then sign if promoted? Similar happened when Defoe went back to Spurs from Portsmouth years back.

• Crazier things have happened. Automatic Bayo squad replacement for next year. Not expecting it, though.

• Persuading Mehetmi to sign a new contract is more important than considering Ikpeazu.

• @mooneyman said:
    Persuading Mehetmi to sign a new contract is more important than considering Ikpeazu.

Totally agree. We need to somehow tie in down as soon as possible even if only to get some transfer monies.

• Spot on, Moonster

• edited November 2021

I do find it amazing that after a few good games we assume that not only is he on his way but that Anis might put up two fingers to GA and a new contract.

• Who has actually said on here that Mehetmi may put up two fingers to Gareth @Wendoverman?

He will do whatever he and/or his Agent consider is the best option to further his career, having regard to financial considerations. Hopefully our club is able to offer him an attractive contract.

• @mooneyman said:
    Who has actually said on here that Mehetmi may put up two fingers to Gareth @Wendoverman?

He will do whatever he and/or his Agent consider is the best option to further his career, having regard to financial considerations. Hopefully our club is able to offer him an attractive contract.

I know to quote @eric_plant that literally no-one has said that. Ever. I was paraphrasing a general feeling I was getting rather than quoting...but thanks for the insight into club player negotiations @mooneyman :smile:

• I think we are in 'interesting times' with Mehmeti. The boy has real talent and we are now seeing the real benefits . Clearly he is under contract until the end of season. In an ideal world , we will offer him a rewarding contract now , he will sign and commit to the club ( who basically saved him when his career had stalled). He could wait until the end of the season and see what's on the table from us and any other interested clubs. We potentially could lose him after investing in him for 2 years with no return. Should we , if we believe he will or could leave, be actively looking to sell him in the January window, to raise funds. Interesting dilemma for the club.

• I presume we offered him a deal in the summer that was rejected as I think we extended his contract for a year based on an option that we already held. I suspect we are offering better terms now and it would be good to know sooner that later. But either way I don’t think we will sell him in January, even if he would leave on a free in the summer.

The reasons are that the prize of a place in the championship is bigger than any transfer fee we would receive for any player in January. So we need to hang onto all of the players and try and make the step up. If we lose Mehmeti in the summer and make an extra £6m in revenue by getting promoted…no big deal.

And if we do get promoted then I think he will stay…win/win.

• Maybe Bobby C will seal the deal by dipping into that unspent £10m Championship Fund that @aloysius often refers to?

Good signs are that Anis smiled when he scored and celebrated with others. Can’t remember who it was, but there was someone on here getting hung up about that earlier in the year.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Maybe Bobby C will seal the deal by dipping into that unspent £10m Championship Fund that @aloysius often refers to?

Good signs are that Anis smiled when he scored and celebrated with others. Can’t remember who it was, but there was someone on here getting hung up about that earlier in the year.

Having turned down the chance to sign the striker who Ainsworth definitely wanted and who wanted to come here and would definitely have kept us up last year maybe he won't, sure Aloysius will let us know what happened and why in February

• @arnos_grove said:
    Maybe Bobby C will seal the deal by dipping into that unspent £10m Championship Fund that @aloysius often refers to?

I think Taffs was also a recent 'does not celebrate with others...looks unhappy' as well. I know money can sometimes be the object for a young player and his agent, but I would like to think the generals in the dressing room will also be offering advice about the best way to develop, going forward. (i.e stay here if we go up again!)

• @Wendoverman said:

@arnos_grove said:

I think Taffs was also a recent 'does not celebrate with others...looks unhappy' as well. I know money can sometimes be the object for a young player and his agent, but I would like to think the generals in the dressing room will also be offering advice about the best way to develop, going forward. (i.e stay here if we go up again!)

People say too much is read into stats but the stuff that can be puffed about over players supposed attitudes based on one celebration or any other bit of unexplained body language is surely often aload of out of context bs.

• While some posters only turn up with glee when we lose for those of us with nothing better to do than hang around all the time, winning means we have to scratch about to find something to be concerned about.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:

@arnos_grove said:

People say too much is read into stats but the stuff that can be puffed about over players supposed attitudes based on one celebration or any other bit of unexplained body language is surely often aload of out of context bs.

Lots of people just have a 'resting bitch face'.