Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• Just got in. Have I missed anything? I assume miserable Taffs had a 'mare, disinterested Vokes missed the target yet again and lightweight Mehmeti has been squandering possession again?

• Time for a Rob C open letter to sort it all out?

• @OakwoodExile said:
    To be fair, the comments on Pasoti after the game are largely very balanced and acknowledge we were the better side.

Indeed. Though there's a lot of criticism of Mayor who I thought was one of their standout players, looked very tidy indeed and was the source of a lot of their threat.

• @Glenactico said:

@jessvl1 said:

@glasshalffull said:
    What a brilliant display! Had an exchange of views with a Plymouth fan on Facebook before the game. Said he was looking forward to their inevitable win, we’re a tinpot club with the most hated manager in football etc (all the usual crap). Bang on the final whistle he deleted his posts and disappeared.

I used to get really frustrated to see those comments, but now I see it as fuel to the fire. I think in a strange way, comments like that from opposition fans only help to strengthen the character of our team and club, maybe one day they’ll realise!

Didn’t we use some Twitter post and stick it up at the trading ground in the promotion season? Something about us being like an elephant in a tree I think.

Yep! Elephant in a tree, you don't know how they got there but they'll fall back down eventually (or something like that). From an Ipswich fan iirc.

• I hope Mehmeti shouted "NUTS" as he slid that ball between the keeper's legs.

• I'm igniting some fireworks in Cheshire

• I’m looking out the window - what direction @LX1 ?

• @PJS said:
    I’m looking out the window - what direction @LX1 ?

Sheffield!

• Now I know I’ve had a wee dram as I do after a win but I can see Cheshire from home but I won’t be seeing Sheffield! I’ll be there on Saturday though

• I am still trying to decide if I laughed harder at the second goal or third goal.

• Don't immediately worry that after two good games Anis is automatically off. I Think he will want another promotion for the club and manager that rescued him from non-league on his CV unless Chelsea come calling. On the bright side even if Sunderland win their two games in hand they will only be a point ahead of us!

• I imagine there will be a few more going on Saturday after tonight! I'm in Nantwich @PJS. Where are you based?

• Maximum credit not only to the team but the 300 odd Chairboys and girls that made the trip. Fantastic effort.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Don't immediately worry that after two good games Anis is automatically off. I Think he will want another promotion for the club and manager that rescued him from non-league on his CV unless Chelsea come calling. On the bright side even if Sunderland win their two games in hand they will only be a point ahead of us!

Who are Sunderland?

• @LX1 said:
    I imagine there will be a few more going on Saturday after tonight! I'm in Nantwich @PJS. Where are you based?

Marple

• According to BBC they had (snatched at) 27 shots to our 16 , but only got 4 on target. Will be some agents ringing them about strikers.

• @PJS said:

@LX1 said:
    I imagine there will be a few more going on Saturday after tonight! I'm in Nantwich @PJS. Where are you based?

Marple

If you want any lift shares to AP let me know. Will be getting an early booze express from Stockport on Sat!

• An enjoyable evening brought into perspective by the sad news that a missing teenager in the city has been found tonight seemingly murdered. Football really doesn’t matter.

• I think my new favourite roll is Vokes on Dan Scarr - - very tasty, replacing my previous favourite of ham and pickle on whole grain and even dare I say a cheeky fried egg on soft white with ketchup

• @DevC said:
    An enjoyable evening brought into perspective by the sad news that a missing teenager in the city has been found tonight seemingly murdered. Football really doesn’t matter.

Very sad news indeed @DevC

• Does this mean the crisis is over? Gaz has found a Plan B? Mehmeti is now ready? Vokes is no longer disappointing?

• I didn't go tonight so watched on ifollow. @bluntphil 's commentary is superb. So many good lines. A very talented fellow. don't change

• edited November 2021

@username123 said:
    I think my new favourite roll is Vokes on Dan Scarr - - very tasty, replacing my previous favourite of ham and pickle on whole grain and even dare I say a cheeky fried egg on soft white with ketchup

Ikpeazu on Alderweireld was good

• @LX1 said:
    I didn't go tonight so watched on ifollow. @bluntphil 's commentary is superb. So many good lines. A very talented fellow. don't change

@Jonny_King was great on co-comms too. We are spoiled!

• edited November 2021

Tonight could've jumped straight into my top 5 away games ever !

Mehmeti's finish for his 2nd goal was premiership quality ! Great all round performance, delighted !

Favourite comment of the night was from a Plymouth fan in front of me walking away from the ground " can't believe they dragged us down to their level" !?!?!? We've just stuffed you 3 zip man !?

• Did the officials fall for it and give us everything by any chance?

• The highlights show that our disallowed goal was in fact onside, as many of us first thought.