Skip to content

Plymouth Forum

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/plymouth-argyle-v-wycombe-wanderers-the-build-up.116577/

Some corkers in here that made me laugh and love the fact they are all arguing with each other over our little club. Says a lot about how we punch well above our size.

Hats off to them though they've had a brilliant start to the season and deserve to be top. A long way to go though.

Comments

• edited November 2021

Bring back @arglephil!

A decent result tonight will make for a wonderful opposition view on Ringing the Blues.

Derek Adams and their fans would get so worked up before matches we almost won them before a ball was kicked.

• The two play off games were a joy. It looked like they were coming back at us towards the end of the away game but we smashed them again at home. Hayes, Holloway and others at their very best and big old rocking crowds.

• "I hope they get relegated with haste back to whence they came. Odious club."

"Whence they came" was the Championship lol, it's funny , some decent people on the first couple of pages, decided to leave it at that

• I hate them so much. More than any of our other current 'rivals'.

• We've had some great wins at Plymouth haven't we? No wonder they're jealous.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I hate them so much. More than any of our other current 'rivals'.

Why’s this?

• @peterparrotface said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Why’s this?

The booing of Lunch mainly

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@peterparrotface said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Why’s this?

Clarkson Top Gear situation?

• Booing any meal is despicable, but lunch, even worse.

• They loved to lord it as being massive, only in L2 because of bad owners and shouldn't have to play crap like us etc, v whiney, play offs were a joy , they thought they'd roll us over, then Derek Adams arrived whining about everything , fall outs with Baz and Gaz, delayed kick offs, tracker devices, the woman off Sky sports news slagging our style of play off in reports, turning out to be married to a Plymouth fan, getting some nasty abuse, all kinds of toot really but should be a spicy game.

• I would like them to lose tonight (both game and their rag) but beat all of our close rivals. They were a bit Rotherham about their last loss at AP as far as I can recall. Lots of 'I am never going there again...' etc etc

• They bravely called my then 8 year old son a Wycombe c&&t from a passing car before the away playoff game.

Luckily he’d already learnt that word away to Burton!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@peterparrotface said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Why’s this?

£7 burgers on the menu?

• It’s a great ground to visit though…lovely pasties outside the ground my lovelies

• Now they have redeveloped the old main stand it really is a fine ground

• No love for Plymouth.
    Miles from anywhere, booed our obviously injured keeper, their bitterness over the playoffs, Derek Adams. Delusions of grandeur seemingly just because they have a ground bigger than most in the lower leagues and have a huge potential area to tap into fans.

• edited November 2021

I don’t hate them, but love to see us beat them just to see the reaction on social media and their forum.

Our relationship with Exeter was quite similar in our last couple of years in L2.

Something about the South West despises our style of play, especially if you include Rovers in the mix too.

• I actually quite like Plymouth as a club (and this from someone who lived in Exeter for a few years). They have their fair share of idiot fans (doesn’t everyone) but those I’ve met and/or talked to are actually seem mostly reasonable.

(And some randomly bought me a beer in a pub once which always helps my view of certain teams)

• @Malone said:
    No love for Plymouth.
    Miles from anywhere, booed our obviously injured keeper, their bitterness over the playoffs, Derek Adams. Delusions of grandeur seemingly just because they have a ground bigger than most in the lower leagues and have a huge potential area to tap into fans.

You’ve got to love Devon though, surely?

• I feel like I should have to buy a ticket for going on the Plymouth forum shortly.

• SHUT THE FRONT DOOR - Compliment on page 8!

• @username123 said:
    SHUT THE FRONT DOOR - Compliment on page 8!

Apologies - page 8 of the match thread, not the build up thread!

• Their Match Day Experience thread is a bit empty.

• @drcongo said:
    Their Match Day Experience thread is a bit empty.

Maybe 0% is their final combined score

• To be fair I think most of the comments (about us and the game - can’t comment on the merits of player a or player b) on the forum are reasonable. “horrible” is used a bit but in a complimentary way really.

• They are being disappointingly fair at this point. Maybe the crazy ones will join later.

• Ladies and gentlemen:

“Worst game of football at HP for a long time.
    If ever Wycombe come to town again, I will stay at home.

How can you watch that every week. Ainsworth and Wycombe are ruining football.”

• edited November 2021

@Lloyd2084 said:
    Ladies and gentlemen:

“Worst game of football at HP for a long time.
    If ever Wycombe come to town again, I will stay at home.

How can you watch that every week. Ainsworth and Wycombe are ruining football.”

How the f#ck they can watch their strike force every week is the real question. Ryan Lowe needs to get his boots on.

• Hang on...anti football scored three goals to no reply didn't it? Even Morecambe got 3!

• I think he meant to say:

“If ever Wycombe come to town again, I will stay at home, as I can't take the pain of another home humiliation. Ainsworth and Wycombe are ruining our delusions of grandeur.”