Skip to content

Plymouth Argyle (a) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 19 - Tues 23rd Nov

2»

Comments

• When someone as admired and respected as @our_frank goes nearly 600 below the average you gotta wonder what’s occurring!

Am I taking these prediction competitions too seriously perhaps ?! ??

• I'll go for 12,128 with 215 travelling Chairboys
    Many thanks @railwaybeth and keep up the good recovery @railwaysteve

• @PJS said:
    I'll go for 12,128 with 215 travelling Chairboys
    Many thanks @railwaybeth and keep up the good recovery.

Yes indeed. Very remiss of me not to mention that. And isn’t @railwaybeth doing a superb job.

• @railwaybeth is steadily redefining my mental image of The Railway Children which in truth to date has been focussed solely on the rather adorable Jenny Agutter. Now if it were to emerge that Beth's partner was a werewolf based in London, her cover would be blown.....

• @bookertease said:
    12121 with 212 of us*

*Excluding @DevC who will struggling to avoid jumping up and down in the home end when we take an 8th minute lead

Loving the symmetry of your prediction - particularly as it seems fairly close to the average prediction too !

• 11,267. 236 away.

• Hi @BlueBoy. Good to hear from you now and again. Hope you’re keeping Geoff under control ! Assume it’s the cold weather, Plymouth’s dip in form and their abysmal record that’s made you and @our_frank chop 5% off the average predicted attendance. DM me about you and yours if you get the chance. I miss the camaraderie!

• Abysmal record against us.

• 11450 with 196 Wycombe

• 10,983 - 181 wycombe

• @micra said:
    Hi @BlueBoy. Good to hear from you now and again. Hope you’re keeping Geoff under control ! Assume it’s the cold weather, Plymouth’s dip in form and their abysmal record that’s made you and @our_frank chop 5% off the average predicted attendance. DM me about you and yours if you get the chance. I miss the camaraderie!

Hi @micra, nothing nearly as scientific in my prediction. Looking at what Plymouth get I just feel the collective Gasroom has gone a little high. In fact, I see others are going lower now too and I think I'll probably still be above what it actually turns out to be.

I don't use the DMs on here (I don't know if you're aware but it's possible for everyone to see them). Hopefully, you're keeping well and you'll be back at AP soon and we can catch up properly.

• So it's very cold tonight in Plymouth and the Champions League is on, add in it's a school night and I reckon this will be low.
    Going with 11300 and 217 from Wycombe

• Evening all!

I am very happy to report that Steve has arrived back home safe and well in the same Wycombe shirt that he wore to the Shrewsbury game. Thanks so much for all your kind words.

And now the update : The current average stands at 12001 total, of which 231 will be Wycombe fans. Best wishes to those brave adventurers!

And @DevC I can neither confirm or deny the rumours of metropolitan werewolves amongst my circle of close personal acquaintances......

• 11,910 including 235 Chairpeople.
    All the best to @railwaysteve and @railwaybeth .

• Thanks ! Kick-off is bearing down on us and at 18.10 on Tuesday we have 33 total predictions. The following previous predictors are still yet to join us for this one:

@eric_plant
    @HCBlue
    @perfidious_albion
    @ryan_w_kirby
    @wendoverman
    @TheAndyGrahamFanClub
    @LDF
    @Stoat_Goggles
    @oxfordshirechairboy
    @Blue_since 1990
    @Glenactico

Apologies if I've missed anyone. And for my own prediction for fun, let's say 11900 and 300 Wycombe fans for some nice round numbers :) COYB!

• 11,977 with 212 away. Thanks

• I think I’m well off on the crowd tonight but give me a couple of minutes and I’ll count those still there at the final whistle. What a result!

• 12833 with316 Chairboys according to their official site

• Well, well, well. Heaven in Devon once again! What a spectacular homecoming present for Steve. The boys have outdone themselves there :) Plymouth's twitter feed says 12833 fans with 316 , and with that in mind it's time to issue some congratulations.

So this week's honours go to:

Total

No predictions inside double figures this week, but the champion of Match 19 is
    @Manboobs whose prediction of 12602 was out by 231

Three cheers also for
    @Will_i_ams whose prediction of 12500 was out by 333
    @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 12407 was out by 426
    @bigred87 whose prediction of 12345 was out by 488
    @ValleyWanderer whose prediction of 12345 was out by 488
    @Alexo whose prediction of 12340 was out by 493
    @DevC whose prediction of 12318 was out by 515
    @peterparrotface whose prediction of 12316 was out by 517
    @Errol_Sims whose prediction of 12312 was out by 521
    @username123 whose prediction of 12250 was out by 583

Away
    A very healthy away following and some very accurate guessing from
    @Errol_Sims whose prediction of 312 was out by 4

Well done also to
    @bigred87 whose prediction of 321 was out by 5
    @Forest_Blue whose prediction of 300 was out by 16
    @MindlessDrugHoover whose prediction of 345 was out by 29
    @username123 whose prediction of 275 was out by 41
    @robinwhose prediction of 264 was out by 52
    @Manboobs whose prediction of 262 was out by 54
    @railwaysteve whose prediction of 257 was out by 59
    @Will_i_amswhose prediction of 250 was out by 66
    @thedieharderwhose prediction of 250 was out by 66

Home

All credit to our top 5 predictors of Plymouth fans
    @Manboobs whose calculated prediction of 12340 was out by 177
    @Will_i_ams whose prediction of 12250 was out by 267
    @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 12172 was out by 345
    @peterparrotface whose prediction of 12120 was out by 397
    @Alexo whose prediction of 12119 was out by 398

And lastly , apologies to @ryan_w_kirkby. Steve keeps a deadline of an hour before kick-off for entries, and I'm trying to stick to that so I'm really sorry but your entry won't count for the overall competition this week.

• Thank you @railwaybeth - that result for me makes the night just a little sweeter. And so glad to hear @railwaysteve’s recovery is steaming along nicely.

• That was a huge crowd. Probably double what I'd have expected in the away end too. Very impressive crowd all round.

• Much bigger than I expected for a midweek game…wish we had crowds like that at home