Skip to content

The Opposition View

Comments

• "Wycombe were poor and I felt for there fans as they didn't give it a go at all." Hate to say "were they at the same game as me," but what a bizarre statement. Maybe if you're used to watching the likes of Arsenal or Man City destroying your defence every week, but we equalled or bettered them for almost an hour.

• ignore the comments from the usual blinkered tw@ts most were rightly complementary.

• Bloody idiots, we had two great chances in the first half, whilst comfortably containing them.

Take the very late last goal away when we had to push forward, and they can't be proud at sneaking past a team 3 divisions below at home!

• "Plucky Wycombe sent packing" nothing wrong with being plucky if villas prima donnas were a bit more plucky they wouldn't be rooted to the bottom of the prem.

• Not sure what match they were watching, we looked like the premiership outfit for the 1St 60 minutes, it was an inspirational performance by the boys and management team. To be fair listening to tslksoort on way home, the villa fans were very complimentary of both our team and fans #deservedly let's push on for the rest of the season and push for promotion #COYB

• Any sympathy I had for Villa's current situation has been wiped out by these comments - I really want them to get relegated now.

• I thought in general Garde and the Villa fans were fairly complimentary and those I spoke to from the home tie were all decent football fans and very gracious about our beloved club. Weird accents though :)

• Apart from a couple of deluded contributions, generally balanced and complimentary comments in keeping with those made to Wycombe fans face-to-face and on Facebook. Certainly more literate than opposition comments we generally see. And love the accent - always will.

• How to talk brummie.....

Say "kipper tie". Sounds like a brummie asking for a cup of tea.

• Black Country bloke takes his cat to the vet. "Is it a Tom?" asks the vet. "No, it's outsoide in the van" says the man.

• As the GAsroom often proves, I think we can assume that the small number of people who actually take part on Fans Forums are not representative of the whole fan-base. If they were god help us all!

• You're just gel because you didn't have a Midlands related accent joke.........maybe?

• As an East Midlander in exile, Ozzie, I am quite happy to sit back and let others make fun of those from the other soide. Leicester and Derby jokes also welcome.

• Sorry @Wendoverman - that response referred back to your "..,.God help us all" comment.

• When you hear the Brummie accent, that makes it fairly hard not to sound like an absolute simpleton, you realise we're blessed here to have what is a fairly dull accent, but the worst anyone can say is that you're a mockney

• So are you saying @Malone that Frank Skinner, Jasper Carrot, Adrian Chiles, Julie Walters, Andrea Thompson etc etc all sound like simpletons? Shame on you. And there was I thinking that you probably had a delightful Irish accent. Accents are to be cherished not derided.

• Hear hear @micra. And funnily enough, depending where you go in this country the Buckinghamshire / Wycombe accent sounds very different to people, Yorkshire folk think we sound like landed gentry while a lot of the south think we sound like country bumpkins.

• edited January 2016

And a true Chilterns accent is now almost impossible to find, replaced by ubiquitous 'estuary English' init.

• No its still there in the heart of the townsfolk. I hear the old Cherry picker accent in most of my mates still.

• only faint echoes M3G, check out the actor Bernard Miles on youtube for the real voice of 'old Bucks Boys'.

• M3GM3G
    edited January 2016

@perfidious_albion I do know where your coming from. Its evolved over the years.

• Since my great mate Cyril Rance passed away (after 81 years supporting WW) I've not been called "chap"!

• Still miss old Cyril. Always dressed well for every game and forever with s smile when I saw him at the match.

• loads of Bucks accents dain the graind every week.

• "Why up be", still heard when old Wycombian furniture colleagues greet each other at the "graind". Let's hope we keep the PNL "dain" on the last game of the season.

• @micra , erm yes, most of those I would say sound like simpletons actually.

I wonder about some of your posts my old son, especially the ones where you praise our site "bs" merchant who needs not be named.

• @Malone - thanks.

• Strikes me @Malone that you have become very possessive of "our site" within a few weeks of joining! And if I really were your "old son" you would be a centenarian.

• A few weeks of posting son. I've always been around.
    Malone has always been around, watching and listening.