Skip to content

Man of the Match - Bolton

Great display overall, and GMac is back! Who gets it?

Poll not found

Comments

• I went Mehmeti, who I thought was sublime even with a missed pen.

• Vokes, obviously.

• Mehmeti by some distance for me

Stockdale might have got it on another day

• Yeah Vokes for me, thought he was pretty good early on when collecting aimless high balls and retrieving crap attempted crosses even before he took the only decent chance.
      All turned on McCleary but thought Mehmeti was great too.

• Mehmeti by a mile. Premier player in the making.

• Stockdale - kept us in the game on two or three occasions with saves that a keeper at this level usually wouldn’t make.

• Mehmeti is starting to show some of the player that he can be

• Mehmeti for me for a game full of positive attacking play...which increased when Gmac came on.

• Between Vokes - hit the post, goal, tireless running towards the end closing down - and Stockdale - several crucial saves one on one.

Vokes gets the vote.

• I thought Mehmeti was great today.

• Mehmeti for me as he was exciting and class and gives us a different dimension. Hopefully he keeps his place, then with him and McCleary we have two major threats to supplement Hanlan and Vokes.

• Vokes played well and crucially got the goal.
      Mehmeti had a great game, won us a penalty but failed to convert.
      Stockdale made 2/3 crucial saves which allowed us to only need one goal for the three points.

Tough one this week but Vokes for me. You will not see a finer header in any Premier League game this season.

• Mehmeti for me but completely agree that Stockdale arguably deserved it. Just felt that Mehmeti showed how far he has come since the Sunderland incident and also not to hide after missing a pen in the first half.

• Anis ahead of Stocko for me

• Mehmeti needs game time. And yesterday showed that. A missed penalty can haunt any player and it showed great strength that he improved after the missed and didn’t hide. With GMac coming on and making different runs and making himself available in different ways it just made him more effective.
      More of the same please. Not every game will be a triumph but it’s gonna be a great ride.

• Has to be Stockdale surely?

• I celebrated like a goal twice the blocks he made

• Mehmeti is wonderful. But many times could have fed the left and ploughed on

• A joy to have so many to choose from

• Confession time. I chose Stockdale, partly for the reasons mentioned by our resident night owl and partly because it is easier when you only have the benefit of @bluntphil’s excellent commentary to judge the performance of a goalkeeper than it is to judge that of an outfield player.

I’m super pleased to hear from so many posters about the brilliance of Mehmessi and sincerely hope he’ll get another chance to shine on Tuesday on the vast expanse of Home Park. After six shots against the goal frame, a clearance off the line, Gmac back and two penalties saved in the last three games plus our bogey team reputation against a faltering Plymouth side, I think we are in with a really good chance of bringing back the points. And I forgot to mention that Stocko has clearly recovered from his recent illness.

Hope I haven’t put the mockers in it !

• We are winning this league @micra

• Wii certainly look like it at 9.40 on Tuesday evening. Will I be able to watch it on IFollow? A Wimbledon mate insists that all matches can be watched live (including 3pm Saturday kickoffs) on iFollow. Don’t know how.

• The away midweek game will be on ifollow for £10. The only way to watch a 3.00 pm game on a Saturday is to either be abroad or subscribe to a vpn server that makes it appear as if you are.

• Many thanks @Thicketblue . I feel a flea in someone’s ear coming on !

• @micra said:
      Wii certainly look like it at 9.40 on Tuesday evening. Will I be able to watch it on IFollow? A Wimbledon mate insists that all matches can be watched live (including 3pm Saturday kickoffs) on iFollow. Don’t know how.

Am guessing your mate is either out of date from last season or mis-remembering one international saturday 3pm that they allowed it for.
      I can't imagine he's a VPN merchant :)

• No, au contraire mon ami. He claims to have successfully checked out both Wimbledon and Wycombe Websites. I still think he’s wrong but I can’t be arsed!

• @micra said:
      No, au contraire mon ami. He claims to have successfully checked out both Wimbledon and Wycombe Websites. I still think he’s wrong but I can’t be arsed!

Put him on to us, we will rip him a new one.

Or do what he's doing to access it ;)

• @micra said:
      No, au contraire mon ami. He claims to have successfully checked out both Wimbledon and Wycombe Websites. I still think he’s wrong but I can’t be arsed!

@micra if you download a 'vpn' you can watch anything. Nordvpn is a good one. Google it

• Thanks @LX1 but @drcongo and one or two others have made me a bit wary. I’m not sufficiently tech savvy to venture too far into unfamiliar territory. But thanks anyway. @bluntphil paints excellent word pictures and I’m looking forward to what I think will be a cracking game on Tuesday evening . Watching it of course.

• using a vpn also offers extra security I believe but drcongo sounds more knowledgeable than me in this area