Skip to content

Away Kit

I am not one of those people who gets too excited about kits - I value the quarters kit and wouldn't want to see it lost but I don't get too upset when for the odd game, the club wears the "away kit" even if colour clash is not too bad. So normally I wouldn't be too bothered about the design of the away kit - its really just a functional necessity occasionally to facilitate a game against another team in blue.

Apart that is from this one. I really like the "Tequila Sunrise" kit - it has an identity all of its own. We've had it for nearly three seasons now though and normally it would due for replacement soon. I think that would be a shame this time. There cant be an awful lot of cash in Lg2 replica away kits sales, so don't see massive commercial imperative to change. Can't we just keep this one?

Comments

• That would be good.

• I liked the black joma kit, next away kit should be pink, never a colour clash.

• I liked the black joma kit too, gave my top to a young kid of a family friend in the states thinking I would simply buy another on return to the UK only to find it was then sold out with no more being ordered.....hope that kid wears it with pride when they have "soccer" practice each week.

• Given that we're changing shirt suppliers at the end of this season, I'm pretty confident your wish will not be granted. Be interesting to see how radical the new designs are - the current away kit has grown on me too but that's because my initial reaction was formed when it was originally modelled with garish scarlet shorts and socks. Less tequila sunrise, more Rocket ice lolly!

• I like the idea of a quartered away kit, maybe yellow and orange....? Or light /dark green?

• How about chocolate and vanilla quarters with lemon sorbet shorts.

• So more Willy Wonker FC than Wycombe Wanderers?

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    So more Willy Wonker FC than Wycombe Wanderers?sorry but I am a bit confused, is this a fan or a player on gasroom like ugwu ? Sorry just never thought players read or commented on here.

• the black one is the best, closely followed by the white/red quarters.

Shame we only wore the black one the season we were absolutely dire (Taylor/Waddock) and my memories of seeing us in it are largely confined to games like the Hudds away abortion.

• Next season will be the 30 year anniversary of our finest ever away kit, Let's hope the club reproduce something similar to this beauty.

http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/1986-1987/dulwich-a-2may1987-team.jpg

• That's gorgeous, but far too Oxford for my liking.

Red and White quarters, or all white with dark blue trim are my preferences.

• I know we have orange and navy in the past but What about orange and black quarters? Or orange with black numbers and trim? Always looks good!!

• Key requirement of away kit is functionality. It will get used when opposition play in a colour that clashes with our blue. Seems fairly logical to me to have bright reds, oranges, yellows and not blacks and navys. Personally I find the yellow kit from the 80s a bit dull and prefer the current stylish one.

• The all white one we wore at Dagenham in '92 remains my all time favourite

Such simplistic beauty

• Bonkers to have quarters as it is twice as likely to clash. The Tequila one works as Shrewsbury apart not many play in Blue & Yellow.

• The 80's pale yellow with light blue trim is a design of simplified beauty Mr @DevC .
    Though i can see why you like the present kit, as the pull of a brighter yellow top mixed with orannge or red must get your pulse racing ? Perhaps then next year the club will go the whole hog and add a bit of black, or maybe red shorts.

• It was noticeable at Hartlepool just how bright the tequila sunrise kit was - that can only be a good thing. I remember Sanchez saying a similar thing when we had the bright orange kit when he was charge (we had an orange away day at Reading if memory serves?). Something bright would be great - Ill be brave and go with pink and purple quarters (not dissimilar to the current GK kit). We might as well have a bit of fun with the kit!

• The current change kit is awful but I've become kind of fond of it.

How about dark & light red quarters?

• If you keep to quarters yellow/green might work although we might look as though we are riding in the 2.30 at Kempton Park

• @Chris said:
    The current change kit is awful but I've become kind of fond of it.

How about dark & light red quarters?

Or two shades of black I'm feeling inspired

• @scarlet I was referring to the chocolate and vanilla quarters comment, tongue was in cheek.

• Two shades of black? Fifty Shades of Grey?

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed said:
    scarlet I was referring to the chocolate and vanilla quarters comment, tongue was in cheek.oh ok just I thought I saw a comment the other day saying if you got a nos sat you would deal with villas defence. My mistake, just wouldn't want a player to read some of the uncalled for comments on here about our young players that's all.

• nod I meant.

@scarlet said:

• It would appear that my Beechdean quip met with a poker-faced response. Didn't realise quite how seriously people took the away strip conundrum. No more the jester.

• Sorry @ChasHarps but that is vile! It would be an absolute disgrace for our beloved club to run out in that! I like @WelwynWanderer idea of pink of some sort. Northampton away kit this is not bad at all...

• If we are to change kits next season, which I believe we are, why don't the club run a competition for the fans to design a kit? It's a way to make us feel involved with the decisions of the club. It wouldn't cost the club anything and there might be a design that people actually want to buy!!

• edited January 2016

I love the tequila sunrise kit too - distinctive and loud without being too garish or shit. Can't believe one or two like the white and red quarters though ... agree too that it looks like something a jockey would wear in the 3:10 at Haymarket - horrible shirt.

• You are all deluded. Just because you have got used to that current away kit doesn't make it any better than it was the first time I saw it. It is loud it is garish and it is shit!
    If I had to choose then the away kits of 2003/04 & 2004/05 although not perfect seem to be as near acceptable to me. Pink??? What's that about??

http://www.colours-of-football.com/colours03/eng/wycombe/wycombe_1.html