Skip to content

News about Railway Steve

Comments

• I bloody love this club. All the very best for Tuesday fella.

• that is great. Really hope it does get done Tuesday @railwaysteve and very best of luck to you.

• Amazing, this club is a wonderful place to be! All the best with your operation on Tuesday and hopefully the club can make you a bit happier come 10pm that night!

• A positive outcome from your op would be welcome news prior to the Hartlepool replay.

• Fantastic stuff from the club and GA! All the best with your op, @railwaysteve!

• Good luck Steve. Wishing you all the very best.

• Good luck @railwaysteve. Hope it all goes well. If you don’t mind me asking, as a 42 years (and counting) member of the railway family, Where did you used to work?

Thanks for all you do for us on here. We all appreciate the effort involved for you and we will all understand that you have other priorities over the next few weeks.

• @bookertease said:
    Good luck @railwaysteve. Hope it all goes well. If you don’t mind me asking, as a 42 years (and counting) member of the railway family, Where did you used to work?

Thanks for all you do for us on here. We all appreciate the effort involved for you and we will all understand that you have other priorities over the next few weeks.

The short answer to the question is mostly at Cambridge and always in East Anglia, I will put a more fulsome answer in a private message to @bookertease.

• How did you come to support the mighty Wanderers @railwaysteve if you spent your working life in East Anglia?

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    How did you come to support the mighty Wanderers @railwaysteve if you spent your working life in East Anglia?

I should think many will have similar stories:

I lived in the town and was a season ticket holder as a teenager. My Dad first took me as a kid not long after we moved to Wycombe. His roots were just over the border in Oxfordshire and his elder brother was a Headington Utd fan from young. My Dad played cricket seriously until we moved to Wycombe so I guess that bit of it may have been just a bit lucky for me.
    When I moved away I would manage at least a game a season, sometimes 5 or 6. It is hard if you are an exile with young children and you work shifts. My Dad was a season ticket holder for many years and he would keep me informed when I couldn't go. He came to several of the Cambridge away games.
    When she was old enough my daughter came with me on occasions and I managed to get to more matches. The last ten years I have managed to get to almost all the games I have wanted to. My son and I have both been season ticket holders since the miracle at Torquay.

Joyous times.

• Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

• You are a True Blue @railwaysteve and long may that continue.

• @railwaysteve said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    How did you come to support the mighty Wanderers @railwaysteve if you spent your working life in East Anglia?

I should think many will have similar stories:

I lived in the town and was a season ticket holder as a teenager. My Dad first took me as a kid not long after we moved to Wycombe. His roots were just over the border in Oxfordshire and his elder brother was a Headington Utd fan from young. My Dad played cricket seriously until we moved to Wycombe so I guess that bit of it may have been just a bit lucky for me.
    When I moved away I would manage at least a game a season, sometimes 5 or 6. It is hard if you are an exile with young children and you work shifts. My Dad was a season ticket holder for many years and he would keep me informed when I couldn't go. He came to several of the Cambridge away games.
    When she was old enough my daughter came with me on occasions and I managed to get to more matches. The last ten years I have managed to get to almost all the games I have wanted to. My son and I have both been season ticket holders since the miracle at Torquay.

Joyous times.

Pretty much mirrors my experience. Including the realisation after Torquay that I’d nearly lost something important and I should get a season ticket regardless of any value for money considerations.

I have hopefully replied to your personal message Steve (but the ‘wall’ stuff confuses me)

• Hi all.

Just to let you know , my dad had the operation today and it all went well. He's recovering in the ICU now, and it seems that the nurses are planning to wake him up this evening. He isn't likely to be back on the ward , or on the net, until tomorrow or Friday but I'm sure he'll be looking forward to rejoining the Gasroom. I know all your lovely supportive messages have meant a huge amount to him. Best wishes and thank you to you all .

• Thankyou for the update @railwaybeth - fantastic to hear he's doing well, wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery!

• This is such great news. I know it's lifted a load off your own mind @railwaybeth. thank you for keeping us updated.

• Good news

• Brilliant news. Some things are more important than even the mighty Wanderers.

Thanks for the update @railwaybeth

• That's excellent news @railwaybeth. Thank you and wishing @railwaysteve and all of you, all the best.

• Excellent news... puts things into perspective

• Great news! Can't wait to see @railwaysteve back on here.

• Thanks for taking the time to come on here and let us know the good news, really appreciated.

• great stuff @railwaybeth Give him our good wishes when you see him.

• Good to hear, @railwaybeth. Please pass on best wishes to @railwaysteve.

• Many thanks for the update @railwaybeth. Really pleased to hear that your dad has had his operation. You must all be very relieved and I hope he goes from strength to strength.

• Good news indeed. Thanks @railwaybeth

• Really good to hear some positive WWFC news this week. Best wishes @railwaysteve

• great news, please give him all our best wishes

• Brilliant to hear @railwaybeth - sending my best wishes to @railwaysteve