Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• Yes very best of luck. It is a great show as is your commentary for that matter. We’re lucky to have you.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    “Could go all the way here”…… best of luck?

OH WHAT A PODCAST

• Mr. Phil remains one of the finest, one of the Chair Metropolis' best-loved sons.

P. C. 4 P. M.

The campaign starts now: let's see if the EFL can wriggle out of this one.

• You’re all too kind.

Episode dropping tomorrow featuring the world exclusive of this year’s @oilysailor FA Cup poem.

• Anyone worked out the Opposition View Only Connect Music Round™ yet?

• @drcongo said:
    Anyone worked out the Opposition View Only Connect Music Round™ yet?

Tenpole Tudor number 6 hit 1981 ‘Swords of a Thousand Men’ > Sutton Hoo long ship burial site > as featured in the 2012 film ‘The Dig’ where Ralph Fiennes plays local archeologist Basil Brown who has a broad Suffolk accent not unlike the Oposit

@drcongo said:

Tenpole Tudor number 6 hit 1981 ‘Swords of a Thousand Men’ > Sutton Hoo long ship burial site > as featured in the 2012 film ‘The Dig’ where Ralph Fiennes plays local archeologist Basil Brown who has a broad Suffolk accent not unlike the Oposit

Opposition View
    Obscure enough for Coran- Mitchell??

• @drcongo said:

Now this has inadvertently become a thing, I’m putting more effort into these. First person with the correct answer to the Ipswich one, I’ll buy them a pint at AP

@drcongo said:

Eddie Tenpole put on a marvellous gig in the white horse about 20 years ago.

• edited November 2021

@bluntphil said:

@drcongo said:

Now this has inadvertently become a thing, I’m putting more effort into these. First person with the correct answer to the Ipswich one, I’ll buy them a pint at AP

Tractor Boys’ manager and Sex Pistols drummer who co-wrote the song share the same name?

• Tractor Boys’ manager and Sex Pistols drummer who co-wrote the song share the same name?

Correct!

• Damn you @Onlooker, we’ll done

• @bluntphil You said at the end two of the internationals are playing at the club now. Is it not three with Horgan, De Barr and Kaikai? Also Burley, though he is on loan.

• Morning @JohnBoy. You’re right! And it’s actually 11 internationals, with four of them currently here, although I need to check if KaiKai has played in a competitive international this season and not just a friendly.

I knew this would happen!

• Was the Pink Floyd Opposition View soundtrack a reference to the unsavoury taunting of the ball boy?

• Loved the interview with Ted.

Point of order though, his wife was definitely on the Independents coach to Grimsby

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Was the Pink Floyd Opposition View soundtrack a reference to the unsavoury taunting of the ball boy?

I thought is was because Portsmouth are managed by a couple of PE teachers

• I thought is was because Portsmouth are managed by a couple of PE teachers

BINGO!

Although, like all great music, it is open to interpretation

• And because their fans don't believe in education.

@Lloyd2084 said:
    Was the Pink Floyd Opposition View soundtrack a reference to the unsavoury taunting of the ball boy?

Just want to point out that the Pompey fans weren't chanting at a ball boy, it was at Stocko. They spent the first 15 minutes of the second half chanting directly at him, and finished it off with "he's going to cry in a minute".

• edited November 2021

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying.

I can remove that from their charge sheet!

• It was quite funny, there was a lot of "you fat bastard" and "who's the wanker in the pink" and Stocko was occasionally turning round to laugh about it - he seemed to be quite enjoying it until they scored.

• My Monday morning commute will be all the poorer without it

• I’m which case, I’m going to try the Only Connect music round before it’s even published. I’m guessing it’ll be the theme from Only Fools and Horses.

• @drcongo said:
    I’m which case, I’m going to try the Only Connect music round before it’s even published. I’m guessing it’ll be the theme from Only Fools and Horses.

Incorrect

This is a lovely read: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/only-connect-the-nerds-who-took-over-monday-nights-027bx0pzh

• Badly Drawn Boy, surely?