Skip to content

Man of the Match - Ipswich

Who is your MOTM?

Poll not found

Comments

• Curtis Thompson.

• I think I need an "abstain" option for games like this.

• Hanlan for me, one of the few to come out of that with any credit. Wheels was good in patches and a good goal. But Hanlan for me.

• Ref had a good game.

• @Shev said:
      I think I need an "abstain" option for games like this.

Just under "Did not see" we could have a "Wish I hadn't seen". Wasn't all bad tonight but very distant second in the end.

• Hanlan for me, would have been nice to have someone else even threaten it

• Hanlan ran his socks off again tonight. The few that said Wheeler must have left 70 minutes early.

• Someone's voted for Scowen

That's extraordinary

• @eric_plant said:
      Someone's voted for Scowen

That's extraordinary

Well he was pretty much playing against their entire midfield on his own. To clarify I didn’t vote for him.

• Ref was very good

• I voted for Wheeler for the goal, but Hanlon is definitely the signing if the season.

• Someone voted for Curtis Thompson. That’s even more extraordinary.

Hanlan might have made an even greater impression if the ref had spotted one or two other fouls against him in addition to the one when Wycombe failed to play to the whistle. But, against that, he was lucky not to get a second yellow in the second half.

• yup, Hanlan for me. Great combo of pace, skill and physicality.

• Hanlan for me - no contest.

• But, against that, he was lucky not to get a second yellow in the second half.

Lucky, but correct I think. Looked on replays like the Ipswich player caught Hanlan with the follow through and then rolled around on the floor to try to get Hanlan sent off like Jason McCarthy.

• Totally agree @drcongo. Lucky was the wrong word having had another look. It was a great relief though because we’ve seen referees misjudge those situations often enough. Lee Swabey was definitely one of the better ones, albeit a seemingly blatant error (that man Hanlan again) costing us dearly (and possibly our unbeaten home record).

• For all the good he did, Hanlan did miss 2 really clear cut chances (end of the pinball in the box and a header at the back post) which would have got us right back into it. Didn't see Taf do too much wrong so MOTM - against not much competition - for me

• The ref was pretty good apart from the glaring error that led directly to their third and crucial goal

Hanlan clear motm for me

• Hanlan is going to get his 3rd MOTM in 7 starts. Mustard. I feel as though he and McLeary need nicknames, they are that good.

• Does G-Mac count as a nickname?

• @Username said:
      Does G-Mac count as a nickname?

Technically yes, but I was thinking something unrelated to their names that shows their excellence. I would say 'Cheat Code' for GMac except that it has the word 'cheat' in it.

• @Shev said:

@Username said:
      Does G-Mac count as a nickname?

Technically yes, but I was thinking something unrelated to their names that shows their excellence. I would say 'Cheat Code' for GMac except that it has the word 'cheat' in it.

G-Hack? Although that contains "hack".

• @Shev said:
      Hanlan is going to get his 3rd MOTM in 7 starts. Mustard. I feel as though he and McLeary need nicknames, they are that good.

@Shev . I for one will now be referring to Hanlan as ‘Mustard’ suitably obscure yet apt?

• Que types of Mustard discussion....

• @Shev said:
      Hanlan is going to get his 3rd MOTM in 7 starts. Mustard. I feel as though he and McLeary need nicknames, they are that good.

Is this some obscure reference to Ipswich having a player on loan from Dijon?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
      Que types of Mustard discussion....

Hanlan MOTM
      English is fine but can be a little overwhelming I prefer a German mustard

• Well, when Hanlan is known as Mustard throughout the land in a couple of years while top scoring in the Championship, we will be able to trace it back to this very thread. The Gasroom: Where Mythology Originates.

• Maybe we can all squirt mustard at each other in celebration when he scores.

No? Ok.

• We could get really obscure and call him ‘The Colonel’