Skip to content

Ipswich Town (h) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 16 - Tues 2nd Nov

124»

Comments

• 6799 with 1825 Tractor people

• @floyd said:

@wwfcblue said:

@floyd said:
    Can I revise my prediction @railwaysteve? I’d like to go for 6891 with 1850 in the away end.

Is that two revisions now @floyd

I’ve just checked back and your exactly right. I’m a shambles on this thread. I’ll leave my final prediction to the discretion of @railwaysteve

Sorry @floyd - the first one counts. I feel for you because I have been wishing I could change my prediction since 24th Oct when @Brownie pointed out that Ipswich had sold out their allocation and I had based mine on them taking 1200 to mk.

No revisions - sorry folks. Probably special mentions for early predictions that get anywhere near.

It does look like the terrace will sell out. 64 tickets available as I write this. Plenty of room in the Frank Adams, but if you asked me to guess now I would say more than 7000, and that is allowing for some season ticket holders (like myself) who aren't able to go.

I will try and update and put a reminder on here for those who normally post who haven't yet.

• Should be big advantage predicting late. Not sure it will be though.
    7147 with officially 1788

• I have a record 40 predictions in but I haven't found one from @ryan_w_kirkby - that may just be an oversight. Sorry to not post before the one hour deadline - got taken for routine X-ray just now.

40 terrace tickets left with 45 minutes to kick off

These numbers have been going up, but I suspect that a lot of us have underestimated:

Average for Total Crowd: 6566
    Average for Away Crowd 1756

Very best of luck to those that are there! Chairboys!

• No worries @railwaysteve, my mistake. Hope you’re recovery is still going well.

• 6,943 announced @railwaysteve

• Vaguely surprises me we can get an extra 500ish home fans on a cold Tuesday, but there you go. Frustratingly though they all turned up alone in their car and they, plus the 1000ish tractors, ment very slow progress from Mill End Rd down to the ground for parking and nearly missed kick-off.
    Seemed like its not the actual number of cars parked at the ground which causes the issue but, I presume, those parking on the industrial units on Hillbottom Rd? We stopped dead at the end of Hillbottom Rd for nearly 10 minutes and only started moving again when a couple of steward came down the road and turned a number of cars around who clearly didn't have permits for the ground.
    Rant over...

• Here are the ten closest predictions from last night for a game which, in my opinion anyway was much closer than the score would suggest:

@HCBlue whose prediction of 6912 was out by 31
    @eric_plant whose prediction of 6979 was out by 36
    @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 6903 was out by 40
    @bookertease whose prediction of 7007 was out by 64
    @JohnBoy whose prediction of 6877 was out by 66
    @Commoner whose prediction of 6874 was out by 69
    @peterparrotface whose prediction of 7087 was out by 144
    @wwfcblue whose prediction of 6799 was out by 144
    @wendoverman whose prediction of 6785 was out by 158
    @our_frank whose prediction of 6752 was out by 191

Many congratulations to @HCblue. Congratulations to @eric_plant and @ForeverBlue who posted sub 50 scores. There was a definite advantage to forecasting late this week so credit to @peterparrotface and @Wendoverman who made the top ten and made early forecasts.

I would be interested to know from those who were there if there was any sign of tractor persons disguising themselves in the home stands. I suspect they had opportunity to betray their true colours.

• We noticed that there were several cars (both in front and behind) turning round after dropping off their passengers and this created a further issue in Hillbottom Rd. Sadly I think overall, last night just demonstrates that the ground is not suited to regular crowds much over 6000.

• Wasps managed crowds of 10k for years just fine.

• Good point @OxfordBlue but I think the changes (reduction) to parking and other development in the locale have had a significant impact. Not convinced Wasps crowds would fare as well now. So much extra security fencing and road encroachment to my eye.

• Sadly, I think several industrial units in Hillbottom Road have become unavailable for parking in the meantime @OxfordBlue and the number of on-street parking places has also significantly reduced. Of the units that are still open, Roofline has doubled the price from £5 to £10 this season (and I never did discover who the beneficiaries were!)

• I would be interested to know from those who were there if there was any sign of tractor persons disguising themselves in the home stands. I suspect they had opportunity to betray their true colours.

Yeah there was at least 10 in the family stand

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Wasps managed crowds of 10k for years just fine.

For something that was fine they sure did moan a lot about it.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Wasps managed crowds of 10k for years just fine.

From memory, watching occasional bits on TV, their 10K crowds always looked like our 7Ks.

• @peterparrotface said:

I would be interested to know from those who were there if there was any sign of tractor persons disguising themselves in the home stands. I suspect they had opportunity to betray their true colours.

Yeah there was at least 10 in the family stand

Friend of mine in FA Upper is abroad at the moment, so passed his ST to an Ipswich supporting friend. Said Tractorboy behaved impeccably, no colours and no celebrating Tractorgoals. Also saw a few other folks wearing bobble hats with small and discreetly positioned Ipswich badges.

• The Ipswich fans at Wycombe station and on the bus to the ground were great. A real friendly bunch and a credit to their club

• Yes a great bunch and they're welcome anytime (just wish they'd stop taking points with them!).

• Don't like this one on the Sunderland forum though. :smile:

'7 wins from 11 since the Bolton humiliation. Last night was as good a performance as I’ve seen from an Ipswich team in 10 years. Morsy and Celina in league 1 really is ridiculous. Brilliant atmosphere too. A proper away day. Can’t beat it.

A word on Wycombe.. dirty bastards spent the whole game kicking us and diving at any opportunity to win free kicks to lump it long to Vokes. Last 15 minutes was even worse with Akinfenwa on as well. The chant ‘4-1 to the football team’ at full time summed it up.

Hope they stay down for voting to end the season a couple of years ago but even more so after that absolute sh*tshow from them last night.'

• Fair point, I hate all Ipswich fans. Let's start a rivalry ?

• edited November 2021

It's not any fans I dislike, it's the team tinted goggles they keep putting on (our's included!) that totally distorts their normal football analysis and discussion. COYB!!????

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    It's not any fans I dislike, it's the team tinted goggles they keep putting on (our's included!) that totally distorts their normal football analysis and discussion. COYB!!????

Ipswich fans pithy analysis at the end of the game was spot on when they sang “One -nil and you f***ked it up”

• So very true @perfidious_albion. It made me smile at the time.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

Ipswich fans pithy analysis at the end of the game was spot on when they sang “One -nil and you f***ked it up”

Tuneful and factually accurate...you cannot fault it.

• @perfidious_albion can’t spell fucked.

• Fooked perhaps?