Skip to content

Match day thread: Villa (Replay)

Comments

• BSEBSE
    edited January 2016

First match recap

• edited January 2016

Cheering from home, I couldn't get the time of work....COYB

• Just thinking about what I'm going to eat before heading down the ground to get the coach......maybe a bacon sarni followed by a big dollop of Villa for desert....!

COYB !!!!

• cheers @drcongo, just about to head of myself. Sorry you cant make it @Will_i_ams hopefully we can get man city for you.

• Just leaving Oxtex in 2mins when son comes out of school. Fingers crossed for M25 traffic.

• Wish I could make it with the Blue Army but other commitments make it impossible. Everyone enjoy the occasion I remember the VP match against Liverpool great stadium.

• Also at work...good luck all.

• On the train from Euston. Haven't been so pumped up for a game since Wimbledon away all those years ago. COYB!!

• Absolutely awful traffic coming off the motorway.

• 9 changes for Villa

• 7 internationals + 1 olympiad

• Some nice balanced coverage from the BBC on their match preview:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35289310

• I'm listening to it on the radio as was at work. Dean Saunders is full of praise "wycombe are the better team"

• Big Pierre has just kept us in it... We are definitely hanging on now

• Did Holloway have a train to catch?

• Well on the coach thawing out, we were definitely the better team first half, when blooms went off the ball kept coming back at us.

Very proud of the lads and support tonight!

• We could easily have been two goals up before they scored. Proud to support the Blues. I'd hate to be a Villa fan though.

• Great effort from you guys and great support too ...... you did your club proud. Now go get promoted !!! #UTV

• This is harder to get away from than Adams Park

• No shame in that result. We were superb in the first half. Had we taken the lead it changes the game and gives us something to defend. Losing Bloomfield and Hayes hurt us. They were our best players going forward.

Felt Holloway didn't do enough. Came on at 72 mins when we really needed a runner up front to hold the ball.

Superb support and an enjoyable evening.

• Yeah, outplayed for 45 and outsung for 90! Should have put the chances away in the first half, not much joy in the second. Long way back home tomorrow but the lads did us as proud as we did them. Only Wembley to play for now then, ho-hum:-)

• That first half was possibly the best I've see. Is play under Ainsworth. Some lovely one touch passing, good thoughtful build up play, and Paul Hayes playing keepie uppie through the Villa defence.

• *seen us

Bloody autocorrect.

• Just got back very proud of our boys tonight, I dont mind losing when a display like that is put on. The link up play of Hayes is a joy to watch makes you wonder what if had he been fit for the first game.

• I hope AAH never plays for this club again, total disgrace not even clapping the fans, yes maybe he is pissed off he isn't playing but his attitude is clearly nothing short of a disgrace.

• We had a brilliant first half, though our game fell apart when Bloomfield had to go off. Him and O'Nien working in tandem are a formidable combination. Unfortunately, when this partnership was broken, we started to lack composure, our first touch got more and more ragged, and we looked increasingly devoid of ideas of how to get back into the game after the soft goals we let in.
    If it sounds like I'm being harsh criticising the lads for the last 15-20 mins, it's because I felt we were right in that game and could well have gone on to win if he'd kept that level of performance up. Hopefully we can take heart from that part of the evening, as when we play like that, we'd give any side in our division a stern test.

Lastly, terrific support from the travelling Chairboys and girls, hopefully the next adventure at a big club in the cup won't be too long in coming.

• Roll on November

• Agree with you @drcongo - that 1st half display got better and better as it went on.

• The big positive to take last night - other than the sheer pride of being a Wycombe fan among that support- was seeing us play some fantastic football after too much hoofball lately. We're as good as anyone in our division if we play like that. The worry though is where goals are going to come from - that's four matches now without a goal from open play (and one goal in total). 20 goals a season players aren't easy to come across but only Thompson looks like getting anywhere near ten this season.