Skip to content

Match day thread: Ipswich

Comments

• A horse with 7 wayward darts from Ipswich fan Keith Deller in its top of his back.

• @ChasHarps said:
    A horse with 7 wayward darts from Ipswich fan Keith Deller in its top of his back.

Horse is covered in chalk as well

• Poor thing is in a shipping container that has fallen in the sea, at least having a ball will keep it occupied.

• If we can win this tonight I will be convinced that we are the ‘real deal’. I have, however, a feeling that we are going to lose our home record tonight but I hope we don’t!

• We'll lose it but with a draw

• Everyone dig out your thermals. It's freezing outside

• Just thinking out loud but will Ed Sheeran be at the game tonight?

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    Just thinking out loud but will Ed Sheeran be at the game tonight?

I hope he's not driving at 90 down those country lanes to get there

• I've got a strange dislike of Ipswich, really hope we stuff them tonight

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    Just thinking out loud but will Ed Sheeran be at the game tonight?

I heard he was in quarantine. Whether for Covid or just to stop him singing, I've no idea.

• Really glad we postponed the original fixture. Games like these belong under lights.

• @floyd said:
    Really glad we postponed the original fixture. Games like these belong under lights.

Would agree but there's no guarantee of a parking space so could be ultimately disappointing.

• The away game at Ipswich was just like our early games in the football league. Their fans were welcoming on the way in and absolutely hateful on the way out. How dare we go to the mighty Ipswich and not lose. The audacity.

Can’t wait for tonight. Big crowd under the lights. Momentum. Funky Elephant. Life is sweet

• @floyd said:
    Really glad we postponed the original fixture. Games like these belong under lights.

Yeh, they were all over the place earlier in the season in relegation form…..
    Yeh, who needs a full house on a late summer afternoon with three hours drinking time outdoors….
    ‘Cause now it’s a real test against a high scoring form team that has gelled, in the freezing cold, just three days after a gruelling away trip and on a school night. But we do have lights….
    Can’t wait.

• @MBS said:
    If we can win this tonight I will be convinced that we are the ‘real deal’. I have, however, a feeling that we are going to lose our home record tonight but I hope we don’t!

Had a similar feeling when we played them under the lights in the winter two seasons back. Sadly, JJ missed a late penalty to seal all three points at Portman Road. Still, not losing that was a big statement.

• Will the German sausage stall be there I wonder?

• Can't wait for the 'I told you so' merchants to come out in force if we lose this one. What the rest of us forget is that we categorically would have won that game and wouldn't have been affected by our slew of absences at all.

• Can't think of Ipswich without thinking of this Bielsa clip these days...

• @username123 said:
    Can't think of Ipswich without thinking of this Bielsa clip these days...

YAAAS

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Will the German sausage stall be there I wonder?

Doesn't look like it.

"The Hellfire Super BBQ will be up and running ahead of the game, manned by resident chef Will Shaw and his talented team of staff. Chairboys fans will be able to enjoy from a selection of pulled pork rolls, burgers amongst other BBQ classics.

The Caledonian Suite and Chairboys Village are open from 5pm. The Away Fans Village will also be open for Ipswich fans."

• edited November 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Can't wait for the 'I told you so' merchants to come out in force if we lose this one. What the rest of us forget is that we categorically would have won that game and wouldn't have been affected by our slew of absences at all.

I can't wait for the yes we should haves having a go at the told you so's.

For the record, win lose or draw tonight, I'm still of the opinion we should have played it.

• @drcongo a few weeks ago I recall you saying you had a lovely vegan dog/burger... where was this from mate?

• Not as nice as the sugared ants at kiosk 6 @bigred87

• @HolmerBlue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Can't wait for the 'I told you so' merchants to come out in force if we lose this one. What the rest of us forget is that we categorically would have won that game and wouldn't have been affected by our slew of absences at all.

I can't wait for the yes we should haves having a go at the told you so's.

It's what we're all here for. Box office.

• Closing in on 7,000 tickets sold

• Revises attendance prediction

• @perfidious_albion said:

@floyd said:

Yeh, they were all over the place earlier in the season in relegation form…..
    Yeh, who needs a full house on a late summer afternoon with three hours drinking time outdoors….
    ‘Cause now it’s a real test against a high scoring form team that has gelled, in the freezing cold, just three days after a gruelling away trip and on a school night. But we do have lights….
    Can’t wait.

I think we like football for different reasons.

• I tried the Hellfire BBQ thing at the last home match. It was decent, but I still hankered for Caribbean Kitchen/Funky Elephant for some curried goat with peas & rice. I feel now that we are being "herded" to the one outlet which isn't good IMHO.

• I wonder if Ed Sheeran will be attending tonight?