Skip to content

PCH and Josh?

Did I hear correctly last night the they said that we only got just over £300K for both of them combined? Incredible and if true shows that the board have very poor negotiating skills.

Comments

• You complain a hell of a lot, don't you?

Weren't both out of contract at the end of the year?

• @FrijidPink - which of the 7 that stood for election were you?

• @FrijidPink Are you happy that we continue to receive significant sums due to the Ibe deal clauses? Who's to say similar clauses aren't in place with these deals?

• @FrijidPink said:
    Did I hear correctly last night the they said that we only got just over £300K for both of them combined? Incredible and if true shows that the board have very poor negotiating skills.

That's, on average, 150k each for two 4th Division players. Not terrible business!

• I suspect that if Andrew Howard was conducting negotiations, we would not have been a pushover...

• @FrijidPink How come I know more than you! £85k for PCH and £220k for Josh. That is what I was told, researched and made sure I knew before I spouted off about it.

• That sounds about right for two reasonable league two players

• It was also made clear that there is more to come from both of these deals, as there is from the Alex McCarthy transfer from Reading to QPR.

Also that as we all suspected Jordon Ibe's rapid advancement is going to be very good for us.

• Yeah, I'd say that's ok business, especially if you factor in that we got Onyedinma on non-recallable loan - PCH is good but probably wouldn't have been as prolific?

• Good business, I'd say. Only a few months on their contracts - not "end of the year".

• Should we add a 'good deal or bad deal' poll to the thread?!?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Should we add a 'good deal or bad deal' poll to the thread?!?

Not really, out of respect for both Josh and PCH. If both where still here, both would have continued where they left off.

• Apparently we've paid off around £550k to date (and Wasps have paid us the £450k they owed us so one has - very broadly - paid the other). We have made all payments on time, and some early as a result of player sale receipts. It's pretty clear that the Trust board want to get rid of the debt burden, and the threat it poses, as soon as possible, even though as Don Woodward explained the debt is interest free.

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Not really, out of respect for both Josh and PCH. If both where still here, both would have continued where they left off.

I was joking. Both great but a good deal too for the contract reasons mentioned above.

• How much does the debt stand at currently?

• @micra said:
    Good business, I'd say. Only a few months on their contracts - not "end of the year".

For some us the "end of the year" is early May! (Unless we get in the play offs, of course).

• Why can't I get message and response in same box? I do click "quote".

• edited February 2015

@micra On certain devices, the quote function is sadly defunct.

• Belated thanks. I've a laptop but no other devices so my comments may sometimes be at some remove from the original message. Never mind.