Skip to content

Another Quiz

Currently Fleetwood are unique in the 92 league clubs. Indeed in the entire history of the league, there has only ever been one other similar club.
Unique element and other club if you so please..

Comments

• Ok so my guess is number of names they have had being around 4, so only team I can think of outside the current 92 would be AFC Rushden, following R&D, Rushden Town, Irthlingborough Diamonds?

• Refounded four times?

• That answer may be accurate but involves far more knowledge than I had in mind. My answer is much easier to see.

• They and Arsenal are the only two clubs to play / have played at a Highbury.

• True but both are part of the 92. Fleetwood are currently unique.

• Relegated/relegation zone without a negative goal difference?

• Not the answer I’m looking for

• Only team ever to have two double letters in their name?

• Correct.
    Currently the only league team to have two double letters in their name.
    There was another one in the past…..

• @DevC said:
    Correct.
    Currently the only league team to have two double letters in their name.
    There was another one in the past…..

Kidderminster Harriers

• Correct.
    To everyone’s relief I suspect.
    Apologies!

• Bradford Park Avenue

• Crewe Alexandrra

• Both would have been correct answers if only they had two more sets of double letters Chas….

• You should have referred to them as a digraph to stop any confusion.

• I’ll bear that in mind for the future…..

• Millwall?

• Good challenge Twizz. Does two sets of the same letter count?

• Actually occurs to me that there are loads more. Even Chas’s two. The full name of just about every team ends in fOOtbaLL club.
    Ah well!

• @DevC, well yes. Two sets of digraphs. Also technically a digraph, while applying to double letters, isn't restricted to them.
    A digraph is a group of 2 letters forming a single sound such as the "Ch" in Chelsea which is a heterogenous digraph or the "ee" in Fleetwood which is a homogeneous digraph.

I learnt something new today.

• Solihull Moors in with a chance of adding to the list next season.

• You are right Twizz. Which rather destroys the quiz for what it was worth. The gasroom is a strange place -a chance observation about double letters turns into a quiz which turns into a discussion about "digraphs" - not something I had heard of before.

Solihull could add to the list but its a tough bar - Havant and Waterlooville, Ebbsfleet, and Spennymoor all have their dreams too.

• @ChasHarps said:
    You should have referred to them as a digraph to stop any confusion.

Every day a school day on the Gasroom. Quality retort.

• Is there another EFL forum that can boast such erudition?

• @micra said:
    Is there another EFL forum that can boast such erudition?

I am sure they would all claim to have a better style than us, and say that they would not want to read the Gasroom every week...

• I don't come on here to have my mathematical incompetence or general knowledge shown up...I get enough of that at home. Quizzes and predictions? It's all too much.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I don't come on here to have my mathematical incompetence or general knowledge shown up...I get enough of that at home. Quizzes and predictions? It's all too much.

Same, I have enough trouble remembering 2 weeks ago, never mind years, only occasionally I get an inspirational flashback

• Well, there goes my riddles thread.

• Is Fleetwood the only League town without a railway station?

• @LX1 said:
    Is Fleetwood the only League town without a railway station?

Nailsworth