Skip to content

Chas's Sunday Quiz

Trying to keep it topical
Along with Fleetwood, since the second world war, I believe there are five other clubs
that share the same statistic/fact in their fixtures with the Wanderers.
What is the stat/fact and who are the teams ?

Comments

• Every regular season league game either a draw or one-goal win?

• Not the answer i'm looking for !!

• Does this include FA Cup and Playoff games?

• It will include FA cup games

• Equal wins draws and losses?

• No, the answer doesn't concern the result of the matches.

• First ever fixture was in the FA Cup

• It was in Fleetwood's case, but not necessarily in all of the other 5 teams first fixtures with the Wanderers.

• The other five teams have beaten Wycombe in the FA Cup to go on and achieve the best performance in the FA Cup

• edited October 2021

Kidderminster, Yeovil, Barnet, Scarborough, Dagenham and Redbridge.
    First meeting was when they were non-league, subsequently played them when they were League clubs.

• Not the answer i'm looking for, two of the teams we haven't met in the FA cup.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    Kidderminster, Yeovil, Barnet, Scarborough, Dagenham and Redbridge.
    First meeting was when they were non-league, subsequently played them when they were a League clubs.

None of the five clubs you named are correct, but the theory behind you answer is vaguely closer to what we are looking for.

• We’ve never played them in December or January?

• Not correct, Mr Bookertease
    Mr Newbs has been the closest to the theory behind the answer, but still a fair way off.

• Clubs promoted to the EFL/ FL after us who subsequently played us for the first time?

Fleetwood, Forest Green, Burton, Harrogate and Crawley?

• Burton and Crawley are two of the five teams were after, but not for the reasons you've stated Mr Lloyd.

• I was going to say non-league teams promoted to the EFL who have spent more years in the second and third tiers than the fourth, but though Burton, Fleetwood and Wycombe qualify, Crawley do not.

• Not the correct theory Mr Shev.

• Might be going off track here, but ... have all the teams been promoted from the 4th to the 3rd tier at the first time of asking?
    Us and Fleetwood, plus Crawley, Burton, Stevenage, Macclesfield, Morecambe? (some guesses in there)

• Good shout, but Burton took 6 years to get out of L2.

• I am wondering if it is historical non-league clubs who we did NOT play in non-league, but later played in the league?

• @Shev said:
    Good shout, but Burton took 6 years to get out of L2.

OK, didn't check these, some just guesses (obviously a wild one there) ?

• @Shev said:
    I am wondering if it is historical non-league clubs who we did NOT play in non-league, but later played in the league?

We didn't play Fleetwood, Burton, Crawley in non-league League matches (if that makes sense), but we played them all in Cup games (FA Cup or Trophy).

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@Shev said:
    I am wondering if it is historical non-league clubs who we did NOT play in non-league, but later played in the league?

We didn't play Fleetwood, Burton, Crawley in non-league League matches (if that makes sense), but we played them all in Cup games (FA Cup or Trophy).

Excellent Mr Newbs, you are on the right track and two more clubs to get.

• @Shev said:

Kind of getting there Mr Shev

• Morecambe, Cheltenham?

• No, forget that!

• Morecambe is correct, Cheltenham is not.
    Two more to get.

• AFC Wimbledon.

• Oh, I wished it were the pnl in such exalted company.