Skip to content

McCleary

Apologies if I've missed it, what is the injury and do we know how long he's out for?

Comments

• Can't you just shove them back in? I remember a kid at school's party trick was dislocating then relocating his

• @LX1 said:
    Can't you just shove them back in? I remember a kid at school's party trick was dislocating then relocating his

I hope that kid was Garath McCleary?

• If it’s a broken collar bone that’s a different matter.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    If it’s a broken collar bone that’s a different matter.

6-8 weeks to heal in adults apparently

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@LX1 said:
    Can't you just shove them back in? I remember a kid at school's party trick was dislocating then relocating his

I hope that kid was Garath McCleary?

Haha I'm a bit older unfortunately. I broke my collar bone playing rugby as a teen, but was back playing football quicker than 6 weeks I think

• I’m guessing separated shoulder going by the bandage. I’ve had that myself from falling off the bike. 6 to 8 weeks would be about right for that as well, but GMac is significantly younger and fitter than I am, so maybe a bit less.

• My hips dislocate from time to time thanks to hypermobility, I've learned to pop them back in. Long time since I did a shoulder.

• Ouch! Sounds pretty painful @drcongo ?

• We’re a great bunch on injuries aren’t we? First time I dislocated my shoulder I was ‘out of action’ for no more than a fortnight. Dozens and dozens of dislocations later I finally had it fixed and it was six months plus of no driving etc.

• Already annoyed at the thought of McCleary missing games and us getting no updates whatsoever as to his condition

• Sounds like Luke 09's shoulder injury still causing him problems...as well as the Sunderland forum! :smile:

• edited October 2021

What's the stupidest injury a Wycombe player has ever picked up? I'm talking Santiago Cañizares severing a tendon in his foot by smashing an aftershave bottle kind of territory.

• Wasn’t it Matt Crossley who was out due to falling over putting on his pants?

The BFP used to list players out with injury and then one word in brackets to describe the injury such as McCleary (shoulder).

They memory fades but I’m pretty sure it one week they printed Crossley (pants).

• Has to Frank Talia's (lack of) toes doesn't it?

• @Twizz said:
    Has to Frank Talia's (lack of) toes doesn't it?

Ah shit, how could I forget?!

• Flymo Frank has to be the clear winner.

I remember Mark Fish was once out for a month and had 40 stitches when at Charlton after his daughter dropped a glass vase on him.

• Sean Devine's knee caps (allegedly)

• Gavin Grant’s cold?

• Word was Paul Smyth broke his foot by lashing out at a goalpost in frustration

• Glynn Creaser (forklift)

• @floyd said:
    Glynn Creaser (forklift)

Not a trouser press?

• @BlueBoy said:
    Gavin Grant’s cold?

To be fair to him, that cold did turn out to be murder.

• @TheDancingYak said:

@BlueBoy said:
    Gavin Grant’s cold?

To be fair to him, that cold did turn out to be murder.

Omg

• I thought Matt Crossley was putting his football socks on before a match and did his back? Either way, pants or socks, he’s had a shocker!