Skip to content

Anyone else baffled by Saturdays official attendance

I've just watch the highlights on match refined and it confirms what I thought on Saturday. That the Frank Adams stand was significantly busier than previous games. Also the Terrace looked as full as any other fixture this season, but still the gate given out as 4800, similar to the Gills game.
The only thing I can think off, is that perhaps 1000 or so Season ticket holders didn't attend the other games, but were counted anyway, and they all attended on Saturday??
Saturdays official att is pretty much half Adam's Park capacity, I really can't see where you would fit double that attended against Crewe into fortress Adams !!

Comments

• There's 1800 or so empty seats in the away end, for a start, right?

• I thought the same as you when I saw the attendance figure, @ChasHarps. Your theory seems as good as any. I thought the home crowd somewhat bigger than previously, looking from the terrace, with a low away attendance but not significantly lower than most previous games.

• I thought 4,800 looked about right. Virtually empty away end, plenty of space towards the wings of the Woodlands stand

• agreed @eric_plant

And very few people sit in the "main" stand these days...

• edited October 2021

Thought FA Upper and family stand looked a bit busier than recently, as well as the terrace. I guessed around 5100 by having a quick look round just before 3.00, so yes, a bit surprised, but not massively so. From the middle of the FA Upper, the wings always look a lot fuller than they actually are when you see the match videos.
    Never too convinced by official attendances in general though. Clubs like MK and Donny always publish figures that seem far greater than the numbers actually present, even accounting for no-shows (especially MK).

• Funny...I thought the FA looked a bit sparse. Like eric not surprised by 4800. Then again my attendance predictions are truly appalling.

• The Whatever The Beechdean Is Called Now Stand always seems quite busy to me...but I suppose I never see the sides and perhaps we all flock together.

• The terrace was busier than it has been for a while but still hasn't been as busy as it was for the Accrington game

I'm assuming that will all change next Tuesday

• @LeedsBlue said:
    agreed @eric_plant

And very few people sit in the "main" stand these days...

Looks like about 150max in seats and about 100 standing by the barriers at the front this season

• to be fair, that bloke at the back takes up so much room with his crisps ...

• @our_frank said:
    to be fair, that bloke at the back takes up so much room with his crisps ...

What can I say...the catering size bags just keeping getting larger and larger.

• Anyone know why there are four or five rows taped off in the middle section?

• Normally find the best gauge on crowd size is how easy it is to get past the food queue at half time to get to the loo. Didn’t think Saturday was any trickier than other games to be honest.

There were more season ticket holders in their seats around me than in previous games so maybe it is tickets sold against people actually in the ground.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Anyone know why there are four or five rows taped off in the middle section?

Wasn't there something about covid restrictions that meant fewer people allowed on the bench and hangers on have to be segregated from the crowd?

Or the roofs broken

• It's not stopping the rest of us being in close proximity so cannot be a Covid restriction and I could not see any health or safety problem...or even bird guano. Intriguing.

• is it because you can't see the pitch anymore through the Super Duper Dugouts?

• @our_frank said:
    is it because you can't see the pitch anymore through the Super Duper Dugouts?

Despite being terrified by @bluntphil 's constant complaints during the last season...Luckily, I can see the majority of the pitch perfectly well...even when Steve Evans and his assistant are in the technical area.