Match day thread: Crewe Alexandra

Comments

• @Shev said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:
    Wycombe fans = shocking today fair play to Crewe they where much louder could here them all game nothing from Wycombe till the 80 mins prob not even that bad atmosphere today rant finished night ??

I disagree thought the terrace was quite lively all the way through.

Don’t be dumb lol ???lively what u mean come the end even Crewe fans was saying how quite you was

@Wendoverman said:

@uptheblues said:
    Wycombe fans = shocking today fair play to Crewe they where much louder could here them all game nothing from Wycombe till the 80 mins prob not even that bad atmosphere today rant finished night ??

I disagree thought the terrace was quite lively all the way through.

Don’t be dumb lol ???lively what u mean come the end even Crewe fans was saying how quite you was

Are you the one we're not allowed to upset?

At least I don’t hide behind a keyboard ?????

I think you'll find keyboards were banned from the stadium along with all other musical instruments, though the thought of @Wendoverman playing 'Light My Fire' after Taffs scored is a great image...

On the comb and paper?

• I hate the football term/word - "scenes". Almost as bad as "limbs".

• How good is Anthony Stewart with the ball at his feet. He lets it roll across his body, pulls the ball back the way it came and then jinks past two or three of the opposition players. He done it at least twice today and I recall him doing it a few more times this season. He just oozes confidence. His calmness and leadership at the back screams future captain for me, in fact it wouldn’t surprise me if he is already regarded as one of Gaz’s generals.

• edited October 2021

Tafazolli is the first Wycombe CB to score a brace in the league since at least August 2014 - Opta data doesn't go back further than that, but any idea who the last one would have been? ?

• Mike Williamson?

• Andy Kerr double at Hereford in 93. Must be something more recent!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Mike Williamson?

Mike got two braces. One in 2005 and another in 2008

• @Wendoverman said:
    Mike Williamson?

What a shout! There's a chance I missed one as I'm going through old results manually and really quickly, but it looks like it was Williamson in a 2-1 home win v Dagenham & Redbridge in September 2008.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Tafazolli is the first Wycombe CB to score a brace in the league since at least August 2014 - Opta data doesn't go back further than that, but any idea who the last one would have been? ?

Has JJ got a brace from left centre back?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Mike Williamson?

What a shout! There's a chance I missed one as I'm going through old results manually and really quickly, but it looks like it was Williamson in a 2-1 home win v Dagenham & Redbridge in September 2008.

I remember it...two headers. I think he was top scorer for a while and then got flogged to someone ( Peterborough?) in the January?

• edited October 2021

@Username said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Has JJ got a brace from left centre back?

Only time he's ever scored more than one in a league game for us was the hat-trick v Lincoln - but he must have done it in a cup at some point?

Only time I can remember him taking two pens was that 1-1 v Luton in the first season back in L1 (thought it was that game v Luton we don't talk about, but apparently not).

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Mike Williamson?

I remember it...two headers. I think he was top scorer for a while and then got flogged to someone ( Peterborough?) in the January?

Did Mike Williamson go to Watford?

• @Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Mike Williamson?

Watford!

I didn't know he was manager at Gateshead these days.

• edited October 2021

Also don't remember him playing for Wolves. Former Wycombe CBs playing for the 'other' WWFC is a bit of a tradition, it seems!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Also don't remember him playing for Wolves. Former Wycombe CBs playing for the 'other' WWFC is a bit of a tradition, it seems!

Also had a season with Portsmouth between Watford and Newcastle where he didn’t appear to play a game!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@LeedsBlue said:
    Anyone Wycombe fan who was there to experience that last kick win, and then chooses to come on here to say we were poor in preference to saying how exciting it is to win a match with the last kick of the game, is a c*nt.

sorry, I've had a few.

Please don't ban me, DRC...

What does that make those who left early?!

Somewhere an early leaver is sitting there saying "how could we only draw 1-1 with Crewe and 3-3 with Morecambe? And above all, how on earth did Wycombe fans know to wear 'I Was There When Beany Scored' shirts to Exeter when he finally broke his duck?"

• @floyd said:

@Wendoverman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Mike Williamson?

Did Mike Williamson go to Watford?

Yes it was Sergio and russell martin who went to Peterborough wasnt it?

• @Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@LeedsBlue said:
    Anyone Wycombe fan who was there to experience that last kick win, and then chooses to come on here to say we were poor in preference to saying how exciting it is to win a match with the last kick of the game, is a c*nt.

sorry, I've had a few.

Somewhere an early leaver is sitting there saying "how could we only draw 1-1 with Crewe and 3-3 with Morecambe? And above all, how on earth did Wycombe fans know to wear 'I Was There When Beany Scored' shirts to Exeter when he finally broke his duck?"

Hmm, do we reckon early leavers are the kind to do Exeter away?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Shev said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@LeedsBlue said:

sorry, I've had a few.

Hmm, do we reckon early leavers are the kind to do Exeter away?

Hey, I'm someone watching on TV thousands of miles away satirizing early leavers. Anything is possible!

• That is quite the article! Did he get injured? Did Pompey change manager? Maybe it just illustrates their financial folly.

• I leave my seat early but only to go down to the corner for a quick exit. I've seen some excellent late goals from there in my time!

• @floyd said:

That is quite the article! Did he get injured? Did Pompey change manager? Maybe it just illustrates their financial folly.

Yeah, they were in a really bad state financially right around then.

• @ReturnToSenda It makes them someone who wasn't there to experience that last kick win...

• edited October 2021

@Gary said:
    How good is Anthony Stewart with the ball at his feet. He lets it roll across his body, pulls the ball back the way it came and then jinks past two or three of the opposition players. He done it at least twice today and I recall him doing it a few more times this season. He just oozes confidence. His calmness and leadership at the back screams future captain for me, in fact it wouldn’t surprise me if he is already regarded as one of Gaz’s generals.

Great post! I love that move of his. One minute he is under pressure, the next minute he is gliding into the attacking half with a couple of bemused opposition players in his wake. I would cosign on the captaincy when the time comes, though we don't half have many great leaders to choose from!

• That Scottish bloke in the middle of the terrace is rather irritating.

To Vokes: "you couldn't score in a brothel"

Vokes scored 17 goals in the Premier League and already has 3 goals this season.

• It’s not always that easy to score in a brothel, apparently.

• edited October 2021

I think he is mixing his sports up, anyway. Hookers play rugby.

• @Cambridge_Blue said:
    That Scottish bloke in the middle of the terrace is rather irritating.

To Vokes: "you couldn't score in a brothel"

Vokes scored 17 goals in the Premier League and already has 3 goals this season.

Why don’t u leave him alone he only enjoying him self why do ppl have to always have something negative to say does it matter what he said no does it bother u no you gonna lose sleep over it no now shush enjoy your weekend

• Best brace in our history was Mark Cucumber Crosslet at Gander Green Lane surely