Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• edited October 2021

Who was it last time that said it looks like the windmill is giving birth? Cause I've never unseen that.

• Also, why is the C aligned differently to the rest of the letters?

• It has potential this badge, it really did but somehow it fails on so many levels.

• A point tonight would be an excellent one. Three points tonight and we’ll be second favourites for the title imo (behind Wigan). Come on Wycombe!

• edited October 2021

Not sure one result changes that much! But I am confident we can keep this run going tonight - UTW ?

• The letter arrangement on that badge makes my brain itch. I think they're just trying really hard to have it not read FUCR.

• Rotate the U 90 degrees clockwise and it would be fine

• Those letters could be seen as a dig at our owner.

• Good luck and safe travelling for those going up. Every game seems to be 'this may be the end of the run' but we know this team won't let it go easily. Three points tonight and party time at AP on Saturday!

• A tough game. Be great to bring the 3 points back but won’t be unhappy with a draw.

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    Those letters could be seen as a dig at our owner.

Coffee everywhere. Bravo!

• One of the toughest games of the season on paper, but we've got a good record away at Rotherham from memory. A fresh Sam Vokes to bang in a couple in a 3-1 win for us (hopefully he's got some sleep!)

• @Username said:
    One of the toughest games of the season on paper, but we've got a good record away at Rotherham from memory. A fresh Sam Vokes to bang in a couple in a 3-1 win for us (hopefully he's got some sleep!)

Phenomenal record at Rotherham. Not lost there since 2000 in league games.

• We have, but it doesn't mean anything. Besides, we've only ever played at this ground three times.

• @drcongo said:
    The letter arrangement on that badge makes my brain itch. I think they're just trying really hard to have it not read FUCR.

I read the other way..FU RC.

Which I thought was a very rude coded message to our owner!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Good luck and safe travelling for those going up.

Looking at the forecast, the weather for the journey back looks filthy. Need the buzz of a win to make it bearable.

• Just got here now. Booked an hotel for the night so off for a few pints now. Expecting a tough match but one I think we can win.

• edited October 2021

I guess McCleary might drop to the bench after doing 90 on Saturday, but a fresh Horgan alongside Hanlan could cause plenty of carnage! For all of his critics, only seven players have created more chances than Horgan this season (unfortunately, the player who's created the most is Rotherham's Chiedozie Ogbene...).

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Also, why is the C aligned differently to the rest of the letters?

I can forgive the C it's the U that I'm having trouble with ...

Maybe the sails on the windmill were turning when they tried to apply the letters. In any case it's all a bit t*ts up.

• Remember when our badge was named the fifth-worst in football? https://www.fourfourtwo.com/gallery/ranked-worst-club-badges-football

• Also, which three players are taking this up to 11 tonight?

• scowen needs one!

• Did Taffs keep the credit for that Morecambe own goal, then?

• We are the old Bucks Boys

• edited October 2021

@Shev said:
    Did Taffs keep the credit for that Morecambe own goal, then?

Yep - although if it had gone down as an OG, the streak would be nine cause of his and JJ's goals v Shrewsbury.

• Feels like tonight might be a seminal moment in our season. Get three points and even I might become a believer!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Also, which three players are taking this up to 11 tonight?

Kaikai, Mehmeti, Pendelbury?

• @Twizz said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Kaikai, Mehmeti, Pendelbury?

Hopefully the injury situation isn't that bad! Pendlebury hasn't been in the squad since Oxford.

I'm going for a JJ pen in a 1-1 draw tonight then McCarthy and Mehmeti as we thump Crewe 5-1 ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Stockdale, Obita and Kaikai

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Just got here now. Booked an hotel for the night so off for a few pints now. Expecting a tough match but one I think we can win.

Wow, I'm very jealous, enjoy !