Skip to content

Rotherham (a) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 13 - Tues 19th Oct

2»

Comments

• 8634, 302 chairboys

• I am posting with 12 hours to go to kick off, 11 hours until predictions close according to the rules and there are 27 predictions in:

Average for Total Crowd: 8326
    Average for Away Crowd 297

Those who normally predict and haven't yet -
    @bookertease
    @eric_plant
    @HCBlue
    @micra
    @mooneyman
    @NewburyWanderer
    @peterparrotface
    @ryan_w_kirby
    @Will_i_ams
    @wwfcblue

Good luck to you all and Up the Blues.

• 8344 with 314 away spectators

• Thanks for the jog, @railwaysteve, and I hope things are moving along satisfactorily for you.

I'll go 8116/244 please.

• edited October 2021

With Portsmouth the last home league game and the next home league game being Sunderland (two much bigger draws than us) I can see this being a low gate tonight. They also have a cheap home game in the Papa Johns next Tuesday against Man City. So I'm going low.

7850 with 250 from Wycombe

• 8222 with 299 us

• edited October 2021

@OakwoodExile said:
    I’m not going to predict but hats off to anyone who goes. Just out of curiosity - anyone who is going, I assume you stay overnight? It’s not possible to get back the same evening by train, even as far as London. And a very long drive.

I'm going with three others - we'd sold 128 tickets at lunchtime yesterday (Monday).

• 7652 with 208 from Wycombe.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    I’m not going to predict but hats off to anyone who goes. Just out of curiosity - anyone who is going, I assume you stay overnight? It’s not possible to get back the same evening by train, even as far as London. And a very long drive.

Last train to London from Rotherham is about 10pm - 10 minute walk to the station. If you leave a few minutes early, you could get there just about. Miss that and you won't be back in London until 6am.

• 8250/205, please (and hope you’re feeling comfortable @railwaysteve.)

• 7,991 with 302 away fans

• 8,320 including 222 brave Wycombe souls

• 8,095 including 272 away.

• 8396 with 305 from wycombe

• 5 mins to the deadline for attendance predictions and we are just missing @bookertease of the regulars. Anyone know a number maybe give them a quick buzz.
    37 predictions in - welcome to @Stoat_Goggles

Average for Total Crowd: 8271
    Average for Away Crowd 287

3% of the forecast crowd, let's hope for more than our share of the goals.

• 7890 with 282 (if I’m in time)

• 8,104 with 244 Blues was the announced figure.

• 8,104 with 244 Chairboys was the official number @railwaysteve

• edited October 2021

Thanks to all who predicted and a welcome to @Stoat_Goggles to the show.

Thanks also to @NewburyWanderer and @JohnBoy for posting the outcomes on here.

Some very very sharp predicting this week:

@DJWYC14 said:
    2 out!

@DJWYC14 takes the title of the Forecaster of the Week and now has the closest prediction of the season so far. Many congratulations.

Just like the club itself we are improving at this game. This was the first week with two single digit scores. @NewburyWanderer was just 9 away with a prediction 8095, which would have been the closest almost any other week. @HCblue was also very close

Here are the top tens of the week. Congratulations all round.

Main Competition
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 8102 was out by 2
    @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 8095 was out by 9
    @HCBlue whose prediction of 8116 was out by 12
    @BlueBoy whose prediction of 8072 was out by 32
    @ValleyWanderer whose prediction of 8163 was out by 59
    @DevC whose prediction of 8178 was out by 74
    @ForeverBlue whose prediction of 8179 was out by 75
    @JohnBoy whose prediction of 8188 was out by 84
    @our_frank whose prediction of 8189 was out by 85
    @SmiroludyBlue whose prediction of 8205 was out by 101

Away Crowd Forecasts

Just take a look at this! Blue hats off for @HCblue, Wycombe attendance spot on and Rotherham attendance just 12 short and still didn't make 'Forecaster of the Week' - @Shev, @wwfcblue and @YorkExile all with single figure scores.

@HCBlue whose prediction of 244 was spot on
    @Shev whose prediction of 249 was out by 5
    @wwfcblue whose prediction of 250 was out by 6
    @YorkExile whose prediction of 252 was out by 8
    @twizz whose prediction of 258 was out by 14
    @eric_plant whose prediction of 222 was out by 22
    @DevC whose prediction of 267 was out by 23
    @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 272 was out by 28
    @username123 whose prediction of 275 was out by 31
    @bigred87 whose prediction of 212 was out by 32

@Stoat_Goggles - you may be interested to know that you were the forecaster just outside the top ten - 11th with 208 - out by 36.

I should have the Crewe Game thread up shortly and an interesting update for the 'Tour de Season' Competition later today.

It looks like I will have some dental work required before I can have the valve op done on my heart, that reduce the risk of infection work is now scheduled for Thursday 20th. So I will be in Papworth for the near future at least, comfortable and being well looked after and able to have 'my visitor' come once every 3 days (in full space cadet PPE). I hope not to miss listening to any games! I will probably start the Fleetwood away and Ipswich home threads early.

• thanks, @railwaysteve I'm really glad you are comfortable there and I'm grateful that you are still finding time for this vital community work - maybe a nice distraction?!

It's one of the very best cardiac hospitals, so hard to think you could be in better hands - although I don't know about it's dentistry.

• edited October 2021

@our_frank said:
    thanks, @railwaysteve I'm really glad you are comfortable there and I'm grateful that you are still finding time for this vital community work - maybe a nice distraction?!

It's one of the very best cardiac hospitals, so hard to think you could be in better hands - although I don't know about it's dentistry.

Thanks @our_frank, yes I definitely see it as vital community work - as well as stopping me spending too much time looking out of the window.

Actually the dentistry occurs in Cambridge Addenbrookes Hospital - the new Papworth is on the same site and there are 'secret' underground corridors linking the two hospitals. The porters have pointed out the total trip through the corridors is a touch more than half a mile each way - most of it in sprawling Addenbrookes!

I will have to be careful with this distraction stuff, I don't want this thread classified as 'not football'.