Skip to content

FA Cup draw

Comments

• Would love the winner of Banbury v Bath away.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Ticket outrage is set for 13.15 then?

Should be OK as new priority order is: Upper Car Park holders, Burger buyers, Rebellion drinkers, Season tickets (No refund) and positive comments only on the Gasroom! You can bet it'll be an away!??

• Knowing teams' numbers and then having them listed down the side of the screen is right up there with one of the worst things about modern football, in my opinion

It's like someone sat down one day and thought "how can we remove some of the tension and excitement about this?"

• @our_frank said:
    If Corinthian Casuals can overcome St Albans, that would be a nice tie.

At least we know they would play the game in the right spirit, if a little informally.

• @eric_plant said:
    Knowing teams' numbers and then having them listed down the side of the screen is right up there with one of the worst things about modern football, in my opinion

It's like someone sat down one day and thought "how can we remove some of the tension and excitement about this?"

I'm totally with you on this.... I hate knowing the numbers

• I see your points regarding the numbers but in all honesty I can't say it's ever affected my own tension/anticipation/enjoyment of the draw.

• Harrogate Town away - the 'long service derby'...

Not far to travel, and a tough old scrap - just about my perfect Rd 1 match (if I ever had a dream about such things)

• Pontefract/Halifax, Guiseley ,York or Harrogate (away obvs) for us Yorkshire contingent!

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@LX1 said:
    Monday 26th October 19:00

BTW, the draw is this Sunday 19th from 13:00 on ITV. We're ball 48.

Cheers. I think I must have looked up last year's! Who doesn't wish it was still 2020?

• 13.25…this is ITV…there will be ad breaks

• @eric_plant said:
    Knowing teams' numbers and then having them listed down the side of the screen is right up there with one of the worst things about modern football, in my opinion

It's a bit like C3PO in your ear whilst attempting to successfully navigate an asteroid field.

• @LX1 said:

@eric_plant said:

It's a bit like C3PO in your ear whilst attempting to successfully navigate an asteroid field.

Exactly that.

• I must admit I usually forget it is on...so numbers on balls/terrible presentation/anticipation/disappointment at getting Grimsby away/going straight to website to not be able to buy tickets for 12 long term supporter family members is never in real time for me.

• I think to make it more interesting they should release the ball of a desired opponent into a room where a representative of each club awaits on roller skates, carrying one of those giant cotton swab thingys from Gladiator. Everyone has to fight over right to play that particular tie.

• edited October 2021

Invite a whole crowd of fans for each club and force them all to look delighted, even when they've plucked out Barrow away on a Monday night game

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I see your points regarding the numbers but in all honesty I can't say it's ever affected my own tension/anticipation/enjoyment of the draw.

Irony is, it probably will now! Or, every time you every watch a draw you will think about this thread…

• It should be at 1 o'clock on the Monday on the radio only

• I've a feeling you could be correct @username123. Grumpy old git's like me don't have to look far to find a reason to moan about the way the world is going!???

• Tyla Dickinson made his debut for Hayes in the 2-2 draw at Dorking Wanderers today. Two good saves at 3:20 and 5:50, he couldn't do much about their goals.

Looked a cracking game in front of 973, replay on Tuesday. Away to Hayes would be a good draw, I haven't been to their new ground yet.

• Interesting to see that Wrexham will be staging their replay against Marine at Nantwich Town, as they are currently relaying the pitch. It should be ready for Torquay's visit on 30 October.

• Barrow or Harrogate away for a tick off or closer to home I quite fancy Hayes

• LX1LX1
    edited October 2021

@Steve_Peart said:
    Interesting to see that Wrexham will be staging their replay against Marine at Nantwich Town, as they are currently relaying the pitch. It should be ready for Torquay's visit on 30 October.

Good spot Stevo. Will stroll up the road for that.

• LX1LX1
    edited October 2021

• Damn Bath lost 1-0 to Banbury and Yeovil drew 1-1 at home to Weymouth.

• Banbury away would be my ideal draw. Only just up the road from me. They have a decent, lively fanbase too so it'd be a great atmosphere.

• How would people feel about going back to Torquay? Reliving that great day or somehow diminishing it? How far we have come in such a short time.

• AFC Sudbury lowest-ranked side definitely in R1 - replays for Marske and Marine also from eighth tier.

• edited October 2021

Plus Pontefract Collieries

• There were a lot of draws yesterday

• Hartlepool away, meh