Skip to content

COVID 19 and Club's Vaccination Status

Comments

• At the Australian moto GP many years back they had huge banners across the track reading “if you drink and drive you’re a bloody idiot”.

• @drcongo said:
    The only rum better than a Kraken is Diplomático

A vote for Kraken for me. Maybe a bit of biase from an old job but it is a drink very close to my heart. Anyone seen the recent Londin ad installation for Kraken? So good

• I also don't mind a bit of good old fashioned Navy rum

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I also don't mind a bit of good old fashioned Navy rum

Isn't that Pussers rum?

• Does eating a bar of Cadbury's Old Jamaica count?

• I'm normally a vodka drinker but have been known to drink various over-proof rums. I'm actually at a Rum exhibition in London on Saturday, hoping it's drink and not an exhibition that's a bit odd.

• There's a few rum characters making exhibitions of themselves on the terrace

• Morton's OVD (Old Vat Distilled) Dark Rum for me! Easiest source online Morrisons.

• I know it is largely a private matter but I am pleased people are willing to share their personal rum situation on such a public forum. This is bound to help others make the right decision.

• Sorry to revisit this again but the BBC have released figures over the percentage of players that aren't interested in getting vaccinated which currently stands at 25% while 10% have had their 1st jab and 6% are "planning" on getting their first jab.

So the question I ask is "From our current squad, who do you think is currently having the views of not wanting to have the vaccination?"

• No good can come from that question...

• edited December 2021

Based on that figure, I think it's fair to assume there are multiple players at every club who haven't been vaccinated.

• I can only foresee negatives from this question @Otter87. Individual views are exactly that and should be respected. Also there is real danger of a new form of 'no jab' prejudice running rampant. Not sure I want to comment further.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I can only foresee negatives from this question @Otter87. Individual views are exactly that and should be respected. Also there is real danger of a new form of 'no jab' prejudice running rampant. Not sure I want to comment further.

Why should choosing not to get vaccinated be respected when it's fucking things up for the rest of us?

• edited December 2021

If sportspeople initially wanted to wait a bit longer to get jabbed, I kind of understood that as their body is their living and all that - but the vaccine has been out there for, what, a year now?

• @Otter87 said:
    Sorry to revisit this again but the BBC have released figures over the percentage of players that aren't interested in getting vaccinated which currently stands at 25% while 10% have had their 1st jab and 6% are "planning" on getting their first jab.

So the question I ask is "From our current squad, who do you think is currently having the views of not wanting to have the vaccination?"

You’re having a laugh.

• edited December 2021

@Otter87 said:
    Sorry to revisit this again but the BBC have released figures over the percentage of players that aren't interested in getting vaccinated which currently stands at 25% while 10% have had their 1st jab and 6% are "planning" on getting their first jab.

Interesting question which i don’t have an answer for, but I do have a little anecdote that may or may not be applicable to our squad….

My wife works in the NHS, as part of her employment of contract she is required to have certain vaccines (hep
    B comes to mind) but one for covid isn’t it explicitly mentioned. However I believe trusts are now, on the whole, including it as part of the contract of employment. As you may or may not be aware there are actually quite significant (albeit minority) number people working within the NHS who still don’t have had the vaccine - because of religious reasons. The ones my wife knows of are actually devote Christians who have a “if god wills into have it, so be it”.

Make of that what you will. It’s probably mostly rubbish.

Get your vaccines though yeah? Because most reasons not to (other than genuine health ones) tend to sound batshit crazy.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    I can only foresee negatives from this question @Otter87. Individual views are exactly that and should be respected. Also there is real danger of a new form of 'no jab' prejudice running rampant. Not sure I want to comment further.

Not every view deserves to be respected.

In my eyes, unless their doctor or another qualified medical/scientific expert has advised a person not to get the vaccine, they should listen to the people who actually know what they're talking about.

When I need my electricity rewired, I don't just give it a go myself, because I haven't a fucking clue what I'm doing and I could die. Same with medical science.

• You have to wonder about the skillset and standards of an NHS worker or someone in social care who does not think they need to or want to get vaccinated.

• Maybe I'm just being a bit too simplistic, but in my view, any one refusing to get vaccinated and thus putting other members of the public and amazingly their own family at risk of serious illness... is a bit of a fuckwit !

• Right, I've hit a nerve and I'm sorry for those who feel that my question was out of line. I would never promote prejustice or hate to be directed at any of our current (or past) players & staff (unless deserved). I was just shocked at the statistic that (potentially) up to 6 members of our squad haven't had the jab. However, that being said, with our current squad, I actually believe that they have been strong advised to have the vaccine on GA's say so. As he is well respected in the team, I believe they would have taken him at his word and followed his lead and reckon that we are one of a small few to be very close to a 100% double jabbed status.

• However, I think that the FA and/or Premier League might start suspending players (like in America) to those players who haven't been jabbed and don't have a medical reason not to do so. I reckon this might happen because:
    1) Loss of revenue from TV Companies who were going to show postponed matches
    2) The supporters who are starting to lose faith
    3) The global standing of the Premier League being damaged where other leagues aren't being as affected as our's

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Maybe I'm just being a bit too simplistic, but in my view, any one refusing to get vaccinated and thus putting other members of the public and amazingly their own family at risk of serious illness... is a bit of a fuckwit !

They seem to focus on the belief that everyone else can get vaccinated, and then they will be fine, as the vaccine lessens symptoms if they do end up getting it. Asking why do I have to get vaccinated if they have been.

They don't seem to look at the collective size of the virus floating around and understand that we need as many as possible to have it or it'll never bore off, constantly mutate, with the possibility it might come back much worse in future.

• Can players be expected to compete when they are putting themselves in such close proximity to unvaccinated people? Health and Safety minefield.

• We need to get to 100% vaccinated so that Bill Gates can switch us all off and finally get to shed his human skin and live in peace with the other lizard pedos in the royal family.

• While @Otter87's original question isn't ideal - as none of us have the right to speculate on players' beliefs, not least because we'll end up very quickly in defamatory territory... it does raise a more legitimate question. Which of our players have publicly advocated for people to have a vaccine? Which players have led by example and said that they've been jabbed?

I'd genuinely like to know; I can't think of any, nor find any from a cursory Google search. These guys are role models and figureheads. If Gareth Ainsworth or Bayo or Matt Bloomfield or - take your pick - were to put out a statement confirming they'd been double jabbed / boostered and encouraging others to do so too that would hopefully lead to more reticent fans following suit.

• I'm sure I've read somewhere today that Jurgen Klopp has come out and stated that every Liverpool player has been double jabbed, we need more of that

• You know, I'm double jabbed and boosted and I personally detest the numbers of 'idiots' that are jeopardizing the health of the rest of us in such a cavalier way. However, the only point of a free society is the right to express and demonstrate free will. If we don't respect this we fail at step one of true freedom. In the past world wars, conscientious objectors were vilified, punished and generally hated for their views. My concern is that we're only a step away from terrace barracking and social media insulting of individuals in our squad. Should the EFL choose to move to the US model and suspend players then fine, but it's not up to us.

• It was in Klopp’s programme notes for tonight’s game with Newcastle.

• (A chunk of it was read out on 5 Live - strongly-worded defence of vaccinations, based on the argument that intelligent people listen to experts, and behave accordingly.)