Skip to content

Oxford Forum looking forward to Saturday!

124»

Comments

• @oxfordshirechairboy said:

@Malone said:
    In fairness, the "party" wasn't promised to lure anyone into waiving money. No-one has been hood winked or anything.

It was casually mentioned after, with no date mentioned, so hasn't thus not been fulfilled yet.

Totally agree on the first point! But on your second, Rob explicitly said “ receive invitations to join Missy, Pete, and me at an exclusive party and pre-season activities at Adams Park.”. Like I said, it’s not a huge deal and I am enjoying believing that my refund allowed us to sign Vokes, but it’s still something I hope they haven’t forgotten about.

That could still be read as 2 separate things.
    And the Leicester city game being the "pre season activities".

Also as someone else said, a big love in party probably wasn't allowed covid wise at the time, so scuppered it..

• I'm finding every game at AP a big love-in party so far.

• LX1LX1
    edited October 2021

@our_frank I regret to inform you that I will be out of the country during the 1st round of the Football Association Challenge Cup

• @LX1 Erm ... what about your contract?

• I mean, next you'll be saying that you won't be making any incoherent posts in the early hours of the morning.

• edited October 2021

@LX1 said:
    I would rather resources were used to get a pre season tour of Louisiana, which sounds in the pipeline

Unfortunately it sounds like it is going to be Halifax, Canada and Boston area, per RC at a fairly recent Trust call.

I say unfortunately, because I quite naturally expected them to base the entire tour around Virginia and Colorado for the benefit of the esteemed @floyd and myself.

• Ooh never been to Canada. Lovely!

• @our_frank said:
    @LX1 Erm ... what about your contract?

Since we started entering at the 3rd round stage I see the first two as a formality and an inconvenience

• edited October 2021

However, any mention at all of Louisiana surely justifies a bit of this...

• Given their are reputedly hundreds of Couhigs in Louisiana, surely they could put us all up for a week or two? ;)

A southern U.S tour would be incredible though. It’d be great to see how Rob markets us on his own patch.

• Just had a listen to the Louisiana video, @LeedsBlue. Very easy on the ear. Just up @Shev’s street, I imagine. Not geographically of course.

• Been to Halifax in Nova Scotia, Canada twice. Great little town with really friendly people. Lots to do, great restaurants, lots of interesting history. Located on the east coast. Five hours flight time.

• @davebevan said:
    Been to Halifax in Nova Scotia, Canada twice. Great little town with really friendly people. Lots to do, great restaurants, lots of interesting history. Located on the east coast. Five hours flight time.

Sounds nice! There is a Halifax Wanderers Football Club, so I think RC is looking to strengthen ties with other Wanderers.

In related news, I would like to announce the formation of Denver Wanderers F.C., current membership: one.

• @Shev said:

In related news, I would like to announce the formation of Denver Wanderers F.C., current membership: one.

?????

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@Shev said:

?????

Does that make @Shev a meme bee of the mile high club’??

• edited October 2021

@perfidious_albion said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

@Shev said:

?????

Does that make @Shev a meme bee of the mile high club’??

Touche. Who needs planes when you live a mile high?