Skip to content

when does everyone think we'll clinch promotion?

124»

Comments

• At Fratton Park in March I reckon. All aboard the Victory

• 15th April against Plymouth (still can't stand them even though Adams has long been gone)

• Play off final at Wembley, with 20,000 Wycombe fans present

• Burton away, with the usual whinging about why allocation isn't based on who's got the most away stubs from the 73/74 season.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Burton away, with the usual whinging about why allocation isn't based on who's got the most away stubs from the 73/74 season.

Who has got the most away stubs from the 73/74 season, though?

• Anyone who has got the four away stubs from Tilbury, Chatham (FA cup) and Evenwood and Blyth (FA Trophy) must surely be in pole position.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Burton away, with the usual whinging about why allocation isn't based on who's got the most away stubs from the 73/74 season.

Those fans who seemingly do every away, yet don't have a season ticket always puzzle me.
    Maybe it's a simple not having £300-400 up front for the season ticket?
    But if they can bang £50-60 each away, it can't just be a money thing?

• Surely Bracknell away in the B&B must count for something?

Worthing away in the FA Cup that season was actually the first away game i can remember going to

• edited October 2021

@Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:

Those fans who seemingly do every away, yet don't have a season ticket always puzzle me.

It's an experience thing, plenty of people just enjoy the away atmosphere more/ the days out.

And unless you can commit to doing as good as every home game, it doesn't really make financial sense to buy a season ticket- might as well just pay for each match individually if you know you'll end up missing 5/6+ throughout a season for whatever reason

• If it is Sheffield Wednesday at home, the game before Burton away, will they join in the party?

• @Malone said:

@OxfordBlue said:

People only go to the away games for the drumming. You don't get the same atmosphere at home matches anymore.

• @Twizz said:

People only go to the away games for the drumming. You don't get the same atmosphere at home matches anymore.

Somewhat disputed by the excellent and vocal atmosphere on Saturday!

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@Twizz said:

Have to agree there. Terrace was in fine voice. If I was paying £60 just for drumming I would expect them Kung Fu monks and their huge drums meself.

• The atmosphere was fantastic Saturday, I even heard 'were southerners... southerners southerners southerners' been years since I heard that beauty

• Atmosphere was better Saturday, more songs being sung than normal I thought. Though I do feel a bit for the good drummer, all this wasn't his fault.

• @Wendoverman said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

@Twizz said:

Have to agree there. Terrace was in fine voice. If I was paying £60 just for drumming I would expect them Kung Fu monks and their huge drums meself.

Not sure I would pay £60.00 to see "Stomp" either.

• The success of Stomp is one of life's great mysteries.

• @arnos_grove said:
    The success of Stomp is one of life's great mysteries.

Like, "how does a bee fly?"

• @arnos_grove said:
    The success of Stomp is one of life's great mysteries.

I enjoyed Stomp. Sorry

• @Onlooker said:

@drcongo said:
    Health and safety gone mad.

I know, can't believe the cyclist wasn't wearing a helmet

At least some-one is clicking on the photo and reading the caption underneath!

• @Onlooker said:
    1981 English Schools champions

Can anyone name the whole team? This is not a quiz as I don't know the answer, but so I can add the info to the original photo.

• @Jocks_little_helper From the ever-reliable Chairboys on the Net:

"High Wycombe: Tony Ashby (Bartholomew Tippings, Stokenchurch), Jon Delaney (Brenchwood), Russell Turner (Cressex), Paul Bates (St Bernards), Martin Smith (Brenchwood), Kevin Keen (John Hampden), Graham Bressington (Bartholomew Tippings, Stokenchurch), Chris Searle (Great Marlow), Keith Dublin (Cressex), Mark West (Bartholomew Tippings, Stokenchurch), Raymond Jack (Cressex) – sub David Lay (John Hampden) 43 mins for Bressington

Other squad members: Philip Walsh (Sir William Ramsey), Barry Wilson (John Hampden), David Coggan (John Hampden), Richard Victory (Hatters Lane), Mark Chisholm (Bartholomew Tippings, Stokenchurch)"

• Kevin Keen, Bressy and Westy all went on to play for the Wanderers, Tony Ashby and Martin Smith played for the reserves. Jon Delaney was the son of former Wanderers great John.

• @ChasHarps was Keith Dublin never looked at by WWFC?

• He was already on the books of Chelsea, in 1981.
    Westy and Kevin Keen were affiliated to West Ham. Raymond Jack was often the headline grabber back then, very strong,quick but one footed. Never made it above local level.

• Played with the Stokenchurch boys at the middle school and village team ( under 13ish) until they went onto better things. Tony Ashby actually started playing in goal when I was unable to play for a couple of weeks, needless to say I then swapped with him in midfield

• David Lay scored for Marlow vs Spurs at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup