Skip to content

Dominic Gape and Nick Freeman

Does Dom Gape have a minor knock or is it a recurrence of his long term injury? Also, anyone have any updates on Nick’s progress?

Comments

• On Tuesday The Gaffer said that Gape had not travelled because he was expecting a baby. So hopefully it's all happy news there for the Dorset Dervish.

• @our_frank said:
    On Tuesday The Gaffer said that Gape had not travelled because he was expecting a baby. So hopefully it's all happy news there for the Dorset Dervish.

Blimey
    No wonder he hasn't played much for the last nine months or so.

• FPOTD.

• Correct that Gapey’s partner is having/had a baby and I believe that Nick’s injury was a bad one and he’s still some way off a return.

• Oh, so perhaps it was all that “trying” then.
    Sorry to hear about Nick. Versatile and valuable.

• @micra said:
    Oh, so perhaps it was all that “trying” then.

I'd also add Dom Gape to that final sentence @micra.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@micra said:
    Oh, so perhaps it was all that “trying” then.

I'd also add Dom Gape to that final sentence @micra.

Absolutely.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Correct that Gapey’s partner is having/had a baby and I believe that Nick’s injury was a bad one and he’s still some way off a return.

It looked like a horrid challenge at the time and I was surprised no more came of it

• Yes I heard baby Gape was due last home game so its been hanging on in there...good luck to all

• @our_frank said:
    On Tuesday The Gaffer said that Gape had not travelled because he was expecting a baby. So hopefully it's all happy news there for the Dorset Dervish.

Immediately made me think of Roy Keanes breastfeeding comment

• That’s brilliant. He is superb. ??

• Freeman had a knee opp 2 weeks ago. Out for the season. Cruciate ligament

• @TrueBlu said:
    Freeman had a knee opp 2 weeks ago. Out for the season. Cruciate ligament

Really? Terrible news for the guy. Hope he recovers well and we look after him.

• That's incredibly sad, and reiterates the need for us to sign more wing backs I'm afraid. I'm sure Gareth and co are scouting round the free agents who can play that position. We can't even rely on the development squad with five defenders all injured.

• @TrueBlu said:
    Freeman had a knee opp 2 weeks ago. Out for the season. Cruciate ligament

Presumably the result of the tackle which everybody, bar the referee, could see was worthy of a red card?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    That’s brilliant. He is superb. ??

Denying fathers proper paternity leave now seen as “superb”?

• Really gutting about Freeman. He really can't seem to get ahead. Definitely wish him well for the rest of the season, and hope we keep him, with his contract being up. It would be an awful way to go out if he never played for us again.

• Awful news.

ACLs and PCLs have tough recovery regimes and it’s really hard not to lose pace as the muscles around the knee strengthen and take more strain.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for the fella.

• @JohnBoy said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    That’s brilliant. He is superb. ??

Denying fathers proper paternity leave now seen as “superb”?

I assume that’s “superb” in the same sense that Jeremy Clarkson and Gordon Ramsey are “superb”.

• edited October 2021

Speedy recovery to Nick, who, if that's true, I suspect we've seen the last of in a Wycombe shirt. Rough.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Speedy recovery to Nick, who, if that's true, I suspect we've seen the last of in a Wycombe shirt. Rough.

I think Ainsworth has a lot more about him than that. Freeman will get a new deal if being out for the season is true.

• I hope he gets a new deal, he has had some real bad luck.

• We'll have to wait and see if we're promoted as the squad requirements will change at that point.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Just been given a one-year contract extension.

• @JohnBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Just been given a one-year contract extension.

Yeah, surprised by that but interested to see how things pan out. He did look very promising at wing-back, if only for that one game.

• F me we are a class club. Huge love and respect about this

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    F me we are a class club. Huge love and respect about this

Seconded! If I could never watch a single game I would know this club is fantastic simply based on it's off-field attitude and actions.

• M> @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

I think Ainsworth has a lot more about him than that. Freeman will get a new deal if being out for the season is true.

Hats off to you @Right_in_the_Middle. Not too sure that many fans were as perceptive. Great news.

• What a club!