Skip to content

CORRECTED Man of the Match - Morecambe

My apologies - reposting to allow for Did Not See. If you already voted, please do so again!

Poll not found

Comments

• There, I’ve done it again!

• Tough to pick out someone today but I’ve gone for Horgan for his industry and determination.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player run off so quickly when subbed!

• @Lloyd2084 said:
      Tough to pick out someone today but I’ve gone for Horgan for his industry and determination.

Because he scored his only goal in over a year? Or because he runs around 15 yards behind play looking likes he's about to do something? I think if anything today has seen my opinion of him go down rather than up. Very much hope this can be the start of something for him though.

• I understand the floodgates are about to open and that’s not good news on a day like today.

• Vokes for me - won a ton in the air, and got his goal.

• Vokes, easy

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
      Tough to pick out someone today but I’ve gone for Horgan for his industry and determination.

Because he scored his only goal in over a year? Or because he runs around 15 yards behind play looking likes he's about to do something? I think if anything today has seen my opinion of him go down rather than up. Very much hope this can be the start of something for him though.

Tough crowd!

Like I said, it was hard to pick out one player but I really enjoy watching Horgan and the guy is a real team player who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Let’s hope this will give him that confidence to turn more of his endeavour into goals.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Lloyd2084 said:

Tough crowd!

Like I said, it was hard to pick out one player but I really enjoy watching Horgan and the guy is a real team player who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Let’s hope this will give him that confidence to turn more of his endeavour into goals.

Don't disagree with any of that

• Vokes won everything, in the second half it fell to blue shirts, some of the lay offs were so intelligent

• Taf for me. Seldom lost a defensive header and scored.

• It has to be Vokes

• Did Horgan run over @StrongestTeam 's cat? I went for that lacking confidence Vokes but I thought Horgs was very good as well.

• Between Vokes - who ran his legs off and was as effective in the second half as he was the opposite in the first - and Scowen for me. Went for the latter because I thought he was so good with the ball and slightly less bad than the others in the first half.

• @Wendoverman said:
      Did Horgan run over @StrongestTeam 's cat? I went for that lacking confidence Vokes but I thought Horgs was very good as well.

Ha, far from the worst performance we've seen in a Wycombe shirt but never Man of the Match. Vokes was immense.

• JJ for me.

Vokes was superb in the second half but was very poor, like most, in the first.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
      Taf for me. Seldom lost a defensive header and scored.

At fault for their 3rd goal I thought..should have done better with his header.

• Vokes for me..had an outstanding 2nd half.

• Ainsworth for me.

• Every outfield starter but McCarthy has a vote so far. Anyone want to give Jason some love?

• *make that every starter but Jason.

• McCarthy was poor in my opinion, would much rather have Grimmer on the right side.

• Horgan was a Terrier today snapping at the opposition and his goal instigated the turn in play but I voted for Vokes he did exactly what he was brought in to do but in truck loads and he really seems to have bought into the club.
      McCarthy has had better games but he can turn it around .
      A comfortable win next game though lads I ain’t getting any younger

• Thought the Ref had a very good game.

• @johnthehair said:
      Thought the Ref had a very good game.

Agree..dont think we could question any of his decisions. Excellent match by him.

• Agree about the ref and I would have said that if we’d lost. That’s the standard we should be aiming for every week.

• Everytime I see a game, I struggle not to give MoTM to Stewart. I don’t think he is a headline choice for yesterday’s game but the boy oozes defensive class.
      His touch is effortless.
      Has the ability to get hold of the ball and pick a pass.
      Can be a defensive colossus.
      And apparently can put in a decent whipped cross to Vokes

• Pretty sure that's what they're already doing

• I'll add my praise for the referee to that which others have written here already. Seemed to make good decisions all through, quick to tell players he would not accept time wasting as soon as it looked like they may start on that, took no nonsense from the bench and sent their manager off without hesitation but, other than that, controlled the game without dishing out any cards to players. Couldn't hear what he was saying , of course, but it seemed from the player's reactions that he was probably being very clear and unambiguous.

It helped also that both teams, whilst being highly competitive, played the match with good spirit.Credit to them both for that.

• No matter whathappens from here, Vokes will win his first MOTM award from the Gasroom. And everyone thought his career peak was the Euro QF goal!

Well done Sam!