Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

Comments

• That first goal was such a freak it seemed to put us into shock for half hour. By time we'd conceded again.

Still, if we can sneak one you never know.
    But our use of Vokes seems to have gone backwards as the season progresses.

• 2 words: dog ?!

• Sunderland 3-0 down to Portsmouth, so this may end up a missed opportunity to close the gap.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@prufrock_91 said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I think we can all agree Vokes is a terrific player, but maybe not for us. Zero goal threat in this set up.

Cue hat trick

We're not playing to his strengths at all. We've got 2 Wingbacks on, and he scores from headers. Why aren't we getting it wide, and getting it in?

Would his strength be a corner where he gets free and heads it 10 yards wide from six out? He looks unhappy and just lost to me. Change the system or change the player.

Look at his career, scored consistently from crosses in. We've put hardly any in to head. His job in this team is to keep defenders busy for the 2 10s. He's doing that bit as has been said, horgan and McCleary are miles from him. This is because they're in midfield getting the ball because we have no passers there.

• Have to remember we have a game in hand but the table at HT shows how quickly things can and will change this season

• edited October 2021

I think this is more of a "Wycombe losing" than a Morecambe winning" game. We look switched off, especially in the midfield and up front it's not working. McCleary has looked the only threat from us and Horgan has been lively but otherwise this has been a bad performance. Hopefully the lads used half time to get their heads in the game. Let's see what happens next...

• An absolutely awful first 45, Mehmeti must come on immediately, probably Hanlon too as whilst Vokes has won everything, nothing is landing to a Blue shirt

• There we go! Pick a time to score Daryl

• Get in Daryl

• Get in!

• Gone to a 433 with Obita on the wing and Horgan in the middle

• This is going to be The Horgan Game.

• Different team

• get in vokesy lol

• FFS get in Sam you beauty

• @prufrock_91 said:

@prufrock_91 said:

I think we can all agree Vokes is a terrific player, but maybe not for us. Zero goal threat in this set up.

Cue hat trick

We're not playing to his strengths at all. We've got 2 Wingbacks on, and he scores from headers. Why aren't we getting it wide, and getting it in?

Would his strength be a corner where he gets free and heads it 10 yards wide from six out? He looks unhappy and just lost to me. Change the system or change the player.

Look at his career, scored consistently from crosses in. We've put hardly any in to head. His job in this team is to keep defenders busy for the 2 10s. He's doing that bit as has been said, horgan and McCleary are miles from him. This is because they're in midfield getting the ball because we have no passers there.

See what I mean

• “no plan B”, eh?

• Get that short of confidence vokes off!!??

• I'm going Hanlan with the winner.

• Get in JJ you beauty

• Did rob c write an open letter at half time?

• Although it looked like JJ scored, I think Tafazolli actually got the final touch.

• @thedieharder said:
    Although it looked like JJ scored, I think Tafazolli actually got the final touch.

Yes, from an inch out!

• BBC have given the goal to Tafazolli but that was some sexy delivery from JJ

• edited October 2021

I’m missing the game today and in an area of sketchy internet. Love a gasroom catchup when we have a bad start and a comeback.

All the usuals playing to type and mentions of ‘Plan B’ ?

When will you learn?

• GET IN!

• Has gone down as Taf's goal. For now...

• @thedieharder said:
    BBC have given the goal to Tafazolli but that was some sexy delivery from JJ

So has Sky.

• Horrific defending

• FFS sounds like nothing Stocko could do about that