Skip to content

Match day thread: Morecambe

Comments

• This is absolutely shit

• Good lord this is appalling

• this is just awful , we lack any energy and fight

• Awful stuff.

• Getting totally outclassed here.

• Mind you, been a while since we turned 0-2 into 3-2.

• edited October 2021

@jessvl1 said:
    Need a plan B here. Morecambe pressing very high and Vokes is getting nullified in the air

Winning the vast majority of his aerials tbf

• In fairness to Morecambe, their press has been incredibly aggressive and effective.

• Listening on radio - WWFC quiet since very start of game?

• Fans that should have said

• I think we can all agree Vokes is a terrific player, but maybe not for us. Zero goal threat in this set up.

Cue hat trick

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I think we can all agree Vokes is a terrific player, but maybe not for us. Zero goal threat in this set up.

Cue hat trick

Agreed... Hanlan should be starting

• Applause to Morecambe though - they have looked dynamic and creative.

• I have never gone on my phone during a game before. Have done so to take my mind off this. By so very far the worst I have seen us play by comparison the standards of which we are capable. Dreadful.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I think we can all agree Vokes is a terrific player, but maybe not for us. Zero goal threat in this set up.

Cue hat trick

We're not playing to his strengths at all. We've got 2 Wingbacks on, and he scores from headers. Why aren't we getting it wide, and getting it in?

• Abandonment due to weather might be best hope today by the sounds of things

• Brilliant though he is, Stewart never seems to look behind him for a passing outlet. He'd get himself in far fewer tight spots if he did.

• The real killer was 20 mins in, we make a lovely pass to Obita and he outs in a terrrrrible cross.

• we have looked inept with zero goal threat ....we look so disjointed and vokes looks like he has no confidence at all

• @Wanderers82 said:
    we have looked inept with zero goal threat ....we look so disjointed and vokes looks like he has no confidence at all

Does he?

• Don’t think he dishes them out much but I think there might be a GA rollicking at HT. Flicks-on from Vokes are just going nowhere

• What do you want Vokes to do? Get the ball and dribble round everyone? He's winning headers and laying it off fine.

No midfielders creating anything.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    we have looked inept with zero goal threat ....we look so disjointed and vokes looks like he has no confidence at all

More frustrated I’d say than zero confidence

• Ghastly. Not tested their keeper once. Might have to put an "abstain" option in MOTM at this rate!

• vokes can't even do the simple things today , we need more from our marquee signing ....offering little to nothing

• @prufrock_91 said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

Cue hat trick

We're not playing to his strengths at all. We've got 2 Wingbacks on, and he scores from headers. Why aren't we getting it wide, and getting it in?

Would his strength be a corner where he gets free and heads it 10 yards wide from six out? He looks unhappy and just lost to me. Change the system or change the player.

• One side playing to the conditions. The other pinging 20/30/40 yarders and expecting to be able to control the a fast skidding ball.

Mcarthy getting a rollicking from Stewart mid way through for leaving gaps

• Just a bit shit all round.

• Plan B required.
    We are playing a very big side and yet we continue to lump it. We need to get Mehmeti and Hanlon on, change formation to 4 at the back and try and pass the ball and run with it. First half was awful

• McCleary and Horgan not nearly close enough to Vokes. Not sure why they've (presumably) been instructed to stay lingering in the half-spaces, but at least one needs to be alert to the ball into Vokes so they can be straight onto his knock-down.