Skip to content

Morecambe (h) - Attendance Prediction Thread - Sat 2nd Oct

2»

Comments

• I am going 4411 with 111.

It looks like I'll be listening on ifollow in Shrewsbury. I had a heart ultrasound scan this morning and I believe they want to do a 24 hour long continuous electrocardiogram for which I have to move to another ward. I am being well looked after here and for fun I have an exiled Sarfend fan in the next bed.

• Sounds like you're in the right place @railwaysteve . Funny to be next to a Shrimper - where are all the ailing Shrews fans? Take care - and don't worry about Saturday - @bluntphil will bring it all to life for you.

• As long as @bluntphil doesn’t make it sound too exciting as we’re storming forward n the last 10 minutes in search of the winning goal.

Do keep us posted. As @our_frank says, you’re in the right place.

• 4790 with 105 away please

• I think we’re set for a low one here sadly.

4,376 with 126 in the away end.

• 4550 with 99 patiently queuing at Cressex around 5.15pm.

• 4412 with 176 away fans

• 4,526 including 149 Shrimps (or is it Shrimpers)?

• 4,376 including 102 away

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    4,526 including 149 Shrimps (or is it Shrimpers)?

I think the correct term is troupe of shrimp but no doubt @micra will confirm.

• 3899 with 76 shrimps.

• @BSE said:
    4,651 with 81 Shrimps

With the fuel and weather id like to knock it down to 4351 if that's alright @railwaysteve

• 4264 with 120 sitting in the right seats but not necessarily in the right order.

• Can see this being under 4k with the circumstances

• @mooneyman said:

@NewburyWanderer said:
    4,526 including 149 Shrimps (or is it Shrimpers)?

I think the correct term is troupe of shrimp but no doubt @micra will confirm.

I think it’s a stink.

• Top ten predictions

With a fuel shortage, weather affected attendance of 4161, congratulations to @JohnBoy who tops the charts for the week, most accurately assessing the impact of those and other factors. Honourable mentions for the next 5 who all also achieved double digit scores

@JohnBoy whose prediction of 4136 was out by 25
    @our_frank whose prediction of 4193 was out by 32
    @Errol_Sims whose prediction of 4123 was out by 38
    @bookertease whose prediction of 4114 was out by 47
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 4234 was out by 73
    @eric_plant whose prediction of 4259 was out by 98
    @DevC whose prediction of 4264 was out by 103
    @a40 whose prediction of 4300 was out by 139
    @YorkExile whose prediction of 4334 was out by 173
    @BlueBoy whose prediction of 4376 was out by 215

• Bollocks.... I didn't even bother to look for the attendance prediction thread as I assumed @railwaysteve would be busy recovering.
    Never mind. Hope you are on the mend mate and feeling much better. Fair play to you for keeping this going. A true hardcore fan!

• Makes up for missing the deadline last week!

• @Alexo said:
    Bollocks.... I didn't even bother to look for the attendance prediction thread as I assumed @railwaysteve would be busy recovering.
    Never mind. Hope you are on the mend mate and feeling much better. Fair play to you for keeping this going. A true hardcore fan!

Thanks @Alexo - and to everyone else who posts encouragement and good wishes. The gasroom has been a real support because in the covid circumstances and in hospital it is not possible to see many people.

In truth I feel almost back to normal, and it is good to have something interesting and useful to do and my daughter logged in and did some good work with the data entry. In the end she bought a match pass and listened to @bluntphil at home while it listened in Shrewsbury.

I couldn't leave the Cardiology Ward yesterday as I am wired up to a continous electocardiogram. It has been a testing time! I am going to ask if the seven goals yesterday showed up on the record

They tell me I have a day trip out to either Stoke or Wolverhampton for an angiogram. They reckon it is possible to have all the tests complete by Thursday for a decision on what happens next for me.

Take care all, pleasr keep up the good forecasting and those who can, give them a shout on Saturday (mid week as well if anybody is going there).

• Attendance 4.161 yesterday. Number of away fans anybody?