Skip to content

Match day thread: Shrewsbury

Comments

• edited September 2021

Gaz would no doubt approve of the Gene Simmons tribute from the lions. Classy touch.

• Sadly working so cannot even ifollow. Time to put disappointment in the match that should not be named behind us and get back to winning ways. That game in hand has to be made to count!!!

• Got to admire a badge that ends with a flourish. Did we ever have a motto?

• England fans look at that badge and think what might have been...

• What's Latin for 'Succeeding through shithousery'?

• Perhaps we should invent a latin motto? Sedes sunt nobis

• On route to Shropshire and the weather is filthy

• ps - their badge is glorious, but I have never been fond of their colours.

• Only lower league team to appear in an iconic mockumentary?

• @Wendoverman the match is not a 'game in hand' - the whole league is playing tonight... (agree with the sentiments though!!)

And also, with a quirk of the fixtures, I note that after tonight we will have played 3 at home and 6 away, while Sunderland will have played 6 at home and 3 away... Great chance in the next few weeks to get right back in amongst it.

• @LeedsBlue If not for the international break it'd be our tenth, 4 at home and 6 away, which is a bit less quirky.

• Not raining in Shrewsbury currently - but watching a rain radar forecast - drizzle and mizzle of the determined sort looks as though it will be occurring from 18:00 to 19:00.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @Wendoverman the match is not a 'game in hand' - the whole league is playing tonight... (agree with the sentiments though!!)

And also, with a quirk of the fixtures, I note that after tonight we will have played 3 at home and 6 away, while Sunderland will have played 6 at home and 3 away... Great chance in the next few weeks to get right back in amongst it.

I know @LeedsBlue what I meant was we have to keep winning so having the game in hand (against Ipswich so far) remains an advantage.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Not raining in Shrewsbury currently - but watching a rain radar forecast - drizzle and mizzle of the determined sort looks as though it will be occurring from 18:00 to 19:00.

How well stocked are the Shrewsbury garages?

• @Wendoverman said:

@railwaysteve said:
    Not raining in Shrewsbury currently - but watching a rain radar forecast - drizzle and mizzle of the determined sort looks as though it will be occurring from 18:00 to 19:00.

How well stocked are the Shrewsbury garages?

The last service station on the way was HGV only.

• Asda garage in town centre appeared to be serving with minimal queues at midday but I was watching the traffic and the sat nav.

• The sun never shines in Shrewsbury (which is also an A-ha B-side).

• @DJWYC14 said:
    On route to Shropshire and the weather is filthy

Set off just gone 1pm and most of the journey was perfect, then ruined with about 15miles in rain so heavy you start getting concerned for visibility

• Well obviously @floyd the quirkiness is that our 'missed' match was home and Sunderland's was away, so at the moment... 3 vs 6 is something to be remembered when reflecting on current league placings, that's all.

• I don’t know how to post pictures on here, but their old badge features a single lion who looks like he’s returned from the pub to find his house burning down.

• @bluntphil said:
    I don’t know how to post pictures on here, but their old badge features a single lion who looks like he’s returned from the pub to find his house burning down.

Do you mean he looks distraught at the loss or considering whether or not he can get back to the pub before last orders?

• Anyone else having iFollow trouble? I can log in on my phone but not my laptop in any browser.

• Bit early to try for me. I've sometimes found some difficulty more than an hour before KO but usually fine by -20 mins or so.
    Just tried and laptop went straight in!

• Never mind, working now anyway!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Never mind, working now anyway!

FWIW, I got in without difficulty a couple of minutes ago.

• Yeah, I'm in. Big win plz ?

• edited September 2021

Looks like two up top with Kaikai as the 10. I did think McCleary would be rotated out. Pleased to see Hanlan starting. UTW/COYB!

• Nope, scratch that - didn't see Obita was missing.