Skip to content

franchise away - Attendance Prediction Match 8 - Sat 25th September

2»

Comments

• Matchday morning - 23 predictions in, and 5 more who are officially abstaining.

We now are saying:

Average for Total Crowd: 8872
    Average for Away Crowd 1346

Admin:
    10 games completed seems like a reasonable time to rationalise the leaderboard a bit. That is after the Morecambe game - 2nd Oct - next Saturday - 7 days from this post - 3 games from this post.
    Beyond then I plan to only include those who have made 5 predictions in those 10 games. I believe everybody who has predicted at least once still has the opportunity to reach that so long as they predict for today's game. Most of us have already reached five predictions. I think it is only @davebevan and @PrinceOfCrowell who have only two predictions to date.

I understand those who would rather not have anything to do with today's game and hope that those who haven't yet predicted will not take offence at a mild reminder. They are listed below -
    @bookertease
    @BSE
    @Commoner
    @davebevan
    @floyd
    @HCBlue
    @JohnBoy
    @NewburyWanderer
    @our_frank
    @perfidious_albion
    @PrinceofCrowell
    @ValleyWanderer

Up the Blues and good day to all who travel.

• 8709 with 1320 chairboys.

@railwaysteve Thanks for the nudge!

• 9,662 including 1,688 Blues.

• 8765 including 1414 of us

• 8989 including 1389 Wycombe.

• Hope I’m not too late. Not at the game, being in a different country and all. 9335 with 1343 Chairboys

• Reported as 9355. Great late guess, @JohnBoy!!!

• @Shev said:
    Reported as 9355. Great late guess, @JohnBoy!!!

Didn't look like 9k plus.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:

@Shev said:

But the place holds 30k so being less than a third full maybe does look right. Still bloody galling that they can get nearly twice our home support.

• Much bigger population and can’t immediately think of a nearby premier team.

• @DevC said:
    Much bigger population and can’t immediately think of a nearby premier team.

Both true. Somewhat randomly I wonder how many supporters Franchise have in Aylesbury and how may we do? Come to think of it, I’ve never actually met a true Franchise supporter as such, despite living about 8 miles away from MK, just north of Leighton Buzzard. Plenty of Luton and a fair few Watford live around here. Perhaps Franchise supporters either don’t admit to it or they have a large number of “Liverpool are my team, I just take the kids because MK are local” types. I’ve heard similar to that more than once.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:

@Shev said:

1621 Wycombe. Didn't look like that either.

• It did look a little Darlington-esque on TV. At least Wycombe have a ground befitting the level of support! A 55-60% full stadium looks so much better 30-35%, no matter what the actual capacity. Though perfectly ironic that 65-70% of the capacity at any MK home game is literally only plastic.

• I am sorry @JohnBoy - your prediction of 9335 deserves credit for accuracy - equal top - but misses the one hour before KO deadline and won't count in the competition.
    If you wish I can make a note to try and remember it for the best near miss of the season in the roundup at the end of the season. Yesterday was a bit of that sort of a day.

Yesterdays result up in the near future.

• edited September 2021

Total Crowd

Congratulations to @Will_i_ams who was closest, fine predicting. Credit also to @PJS and @username123 who both had double digits scores too.

@Will_i_ams whose prediction of 9375 was out by 20
    @PJS whose prediction of 9380 was out by 25
    @username123 whose prediction of 9300 was out by 55
    @Manboobs whose prediction of 9201 was out by 154
    @Shev whose prediction of 9580 was out by 225
    @robin whose prediction of 9110 was out by 245
    @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 9662 was out by 307
    @mooneyman whose prediction of 8999 was out by 356
    @ValleyWanderer whose prediction of 8989 was out by 366
    @wendoverman whose prediction of 8956 was out by 399

@Will_i_ams and @PJS were the only people to predict more than the actual crowd, there was quite a large effect from underestimating our own support. Only @NewburyWanderer gave a prediction which was larger than the away crowd of 1621, and that prediction of 1688 was very close.

Away Crowd

Lots of credit to @Manboobs with a single figure score - his forecast of 1612 was just nine away for the away crowd. Here are the top ten for how many of us were there:

@Manboobs whose prediction of 1612 was out by 9
    @NewburyWanderer whose prediction of 1688 was out by 67
    @username123 whose prediction of 1500 was out by 121
    @thedieharder whose prediction of 1500 was out by 121
    @Will_i_ams whose prediction of 1487 was out by 134
    @a40 whose prediction of 1470 was out by 151
    @MindlessDrugHoover whose prediction of 1457 was out by 164
    @Alexo whose prediction of 1433 was out by 188
    @DJWYC whose prediction of 1432 was out by 189
    @bookertease whose prediction of 1414 was out by 207

I should have the 'Tour de Season' latest and the Shrewsbury game thread up today.

• Ooh get me and my travelling support prediction.