Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

Comments

• Could be a bit Oxford away from 2 years ago now.

Stay tight. Hope for some set pieces then smash them with Taff and Vokes.

• Bit harsh to suggest Stewart should have just let their man score. Instinct kicks in there.

• Assume the co-commentator is the 3CR reporter who has the misfortune of commentating on Franchise every week

• They just keep spraying the ball to our right. Acres of space.

• With 2/3 strikers on the bench and 20 mins to go...is it not time....

• From what I’m hearing (and from the somewhat alarming stats) misfortune sounds like a misnomer. This is hard to take.

• Bar the key incident, we've defended brilliantly today. Unfortunately we're still far too wasteful in front of goal.

• I’ll put it out there, we are not playing to Vokes’s strength. Best striker in the club not sure we are doing right by him.

• The stats would suggest this game is an absolute drubbing

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I’ll put it out there, we are not playing to Vokes’s strength. Best striker in the club not sure we are doing right by him.

Hmm, we use him as a target man - which is really what he is - not much we can do if he keeps wasting great chances.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    The stats would suggest this game is an absolute drubbing

81/19 on the possession
    23 v 5 on the shot count.

• As @eric_plant is discounting this game can I say I thought the ref was atrocious

• I just cannot believe how incompetent refs at this level continue to be.

• Valiant effort in the end. Maybe Tuesday took its toll.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I just cannot believe how incompetent refs at this level continue to be.

Getting done goal side and making a challenge like that gives them a chance to be incompetent

• Slightly concerned about how difficult for ourselves we're making the games against our promotion rivals; Wigan, Sunderland, MK.

• Let’s just hope we appeal the sending off need Stewart back in the side.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I just cannot believe how incompetent refs at this level continue to be.

Getting done goal side and making a challenge like that gives them a chance to be incompetent

Nah, no excuse for not applying the laws of the game properly.

• Our games against promotion Rivals have all been away from home. Keep up the home form and grab a few more wins away from home and we will be there or thereabouts.

• Quite surprised the official MK man of the match wasn't the referee. An absolute horror show from the officials.

• Thing is can we appeal the ban

• @OX66 said:
    Let’s just hope we appeal the sending off need Stewart back in the side.

On what grounds. He prevented a clear goalscoring chance. Harsh, but I'm afraid they are the rules.

• @mooneyman said:

@OX66 said:

On what grounds. He prevented a clear goalscoring chance. Harsh, but I'm afraid they are the rules.

No they're not. It can't be a red if the player tries to play the ball.

• Feeling pretty down after today. Missing out on our Championship season and the exciting players we had, feels such a bitter pill at times. Perhaps we can look to regroup this season and then actually go and win something in a season or so.

We certainly won't pull any new fans in with our current style as we appear to struggle against the 'footballing' sides above us in the table. We seem to be in limbo in playing style terms too and don't play to the individual strengths in the team. Just work in progress I guess and a salutary lesson for the "we'll be straight back in the Championship" types who failed to see the sheer competitiveness in this league. We're not a bad side but don't really look anywhere near a promotion winning team. Sorry, just not feeling the"Believe" today!

• Don't care about today, this fixture shouldn't exist

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    Thing is can we appeal the ban

It won't be overturned.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@mooneyman said:

@OX66 said:

No they're not. It can't be a red if the player tries to play the ball.

He had no chance of getting the ball with his "tackle".

• Frustrating afternoon - hopefully we appeal that red card decision as it’s clearly a pen but don’t think anyone could argue that Stewart has dragged his man down intentionally.

Thought we came out really fast as we often do, but we need to be taking those early chances. Otherwise you feel that once the opposition get going on the 15 min ish mark that we’re already mentally behind as we should be ahead.

I still feel we’ve had a very tough start to the season fixtures wise, and a return of 4 wins from 8 I think will be perceived later on in the season as a good start considering the opposition we’ve faced.

October becomes more favourable for us fixture wise so hopefully we can build on a solid start.

• We will win more than we lose this season.