Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes

Comments

• Disaster!

• Brilliant - That's the game fecked

• Stewart off and a pen. Long afternoon incoming.

• Double feck.

• I'd rather concede than give away a penalty and a red card any day of the week. Game over

• He's tried to play the ball, ffs.

• @therabbittest said:
    I'd rather concede than give away a penalty and a red card any day of the week. Game over

Are you serious???

• Oh dear. Stewart gets the wrong side and is then probably foolish to dive in. Veeerry difficult to get anything now.

Disaster really as well should have taken the lead early on.

Poor from Parrot goading the away support for no reason whatsoever. Wouldn’t be disappointed to see someone put him on a stretcher to be honest.

• Phi’s co-commentator sounds remarkably buoyed up since the MK goal.

• @thecatwwfc said:

@therabbittest said:
    I'd rather concede than give away a penalty and a red card any day of the week. Game over

Are you serious???

Yeah of course. This was always going to be a tough game, can't see a way back with 10 men and a goal down.

I haven't seen the tackle, so if the ref has screwed us over then, fair enough, no ill feeling Stewart's direction at all. Still feels like more of a hammer blow than simply conceding.

• It's a foul, but it's a yellow anywhere else on the pitch - which, by the laws of the game, means it's a yellow in the box as well.

• Anyone watching on iFollow able to shed light on both our disallowed goal and their ball through for the pen?

• I agree, would rather go a goal down and keep 11 on the pitch

• It’s a very, very bad attempt to play the ball, but it’s definitely an attempt. Never a red

• @jessvl1 said:
    Anyone watching on iFollow able to shed light on both our disallowed goal and their ball through for the pen?

The offside was offside. No idea about theirs.

• Goal was correctly disallowed. Taf offside.

Couldn't make out if the through ball was offside for the penalty. Stewart is definitely attempting to play the ball though, so not a red in my opinion.

Phil's co-comms is the audio equiavalent of "I wouldn't want to listen to that every week".

• @jessvl1 said:
    Anyone watching on iFollow able to shed light on both our disallowed goal and their ball through for the pen?

Disallowed goal correct. Taffs was off and was the only one who touched it. Their penalty also the correct decision, but the red was extremely harsh.

• Pen maybe but not a red. I knew this ref was going to give something. Very picky beforehand. Heigh ho! He should booked the scorer for goading the faithful in my opinion. Late winner for me...believe!

• @therabbittest said:

@thecatwwfc said:

@therabbittest said:

Are you serious???

Yeah of course. This was always going to be a tough game, can't see a way back with 10 men and a goal down.

I haven't seen the tackle, so if the ref has screwed us over then, fair enough, no ill feeling Stewart's direction at all. Still feels like more of a hammer blow than simply conceding.

I sort of agree. Once the striker gets wrong side then Stewart would perhaps be better just letting him shoot. Stocko may well have pulled off a save, whearaes tackling from the wrong side there is almost almost going to lead to a pen. Although I do think a red card is harsh.

Losing arguably our best player for 2 (3?) games is a nightmare.

So soft as well. It was a simple ball over the top that we made a right mess of.

• @Shev said:

@jessvl1 said:

Disallowed goal correct. Taffs was off and was the only one who touched it. Their penalty also the correct decision, but the red was extremely harsh.

So the man was onside before he got taken down by Stewart? Looked unclear from where I was

• @jessvl1 said:

@Shev said:

@jessvl1 said:

So the man was onside before he got taken down by Stewart? Looked unclear from where I was

Ah I gotcha - the camera cuts too late to show whether the MK player was off. Taff had his arm raised, but who knows.

• Pretty close to the pen incident and a yellow at best.

• @jessvl1 said:

@jessvl1 said:
    Went to away ticket booth to collect, got sent across the ground to the box office, only to be told by the box office to head back to the away booth as the tickets were making their way over as we spoke. Glad I turned up early because it’s a bit of a farce this ticket thing.

Update - got in. Tickets were waiting at Gate 2. Trust members handing out tickets, fair play to them that’s a good response from the other night.

Decent result.
    I bought on the day, the ticket failed. Back to switch ticket. Failed again.
    Apparently a few did this and this was early at 1.30pm I dare say a few did after too. Just hopefully not all tickets sold on the day.

• The free-flowing floor football that we enjoyed for the last couple of months of last season seems to have eluded us. I’m listening rather than watching so, for this afternoon’s match, it’s probably a little unfair for me to be critical but I have thought a few times lately that having two small combative central midfielders may not be ideal. I’m wondering if the situation calls for the ubiquitous Wheeler to replace one of the ankle snappers?

• Dreadful decision from Stewart to risk a challenge there. Let the guy shoot, he still might not score.

Surprised the ref went for the red though. He either forgot the rules or deemed it such a ludicrous challenge it wasn't a legit attempt. Which is harsh.

And very bizarre from Parrott (who?) Trying to do the shush celebration sending 50 or so of our fans into absolute rabid rage.

• I think it’s key to how we play, and gives whoever is playing the Horgan and McCleary roles more freedom to get forward and attack.

• First ten minutes they could not get out of their half but sadly then seem to have targetted our right hand side and got some joy getting out. Thompson and Scowen have been fine for me. Interesting to see what Gareth and Dobbo come up with.

• We are not out of it. I could see us scoring, but it is the conceding that is going to be the tough part to avoid!

• Bizarre theorising from the co-commentator. Apparently unless it's a rugby tackle, anything on a football pitch could be considered an attempt to play the ball, making the rule fuzzy and widely open to interpretation.