Skip to content

Comments

• Silly.

Are we in the gold tomorrow?

It's my 5th away of the season, and I haven't seen us play in it yet!

• edited September 2021

@Malone said:
    Silly.

Home kit, surely? I was trying to work this out yesterday and I don't think we'll wear the gold one until Sheff Wed away at the end of November!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Silly.

Home kit, surely? I was trying to work this out yesterday and I don't think we'll wear the gold one until Sheff Wed away at the end of November!

I think you did some decent analysis of this at the start of the season, and i think it wsa only about 6 or 7 games!

Still, i'm stubbornly getting my value by only buying this one shirt, so I'll wear it all homes and all aways I do anyway.

• edited September 2021

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Silly.

I think you did some decent analysis of this at the start of the season, and i think it wsa only about 6 or 7 games!

Still, i'm stubbornly getting my value by only buying this one shirt, so I'll wear it all homes and all aways I do anyway.

Isn't gold and white a bit, er, 'another team'...

And yeah, I did, although officials are seemingly less strict on shorts clashes in this division - which might mean it's even fewer.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Silly.

And yeah, I did, although officials are seemingly less strict on shorts clashes in this division - which might mean it's even fewer.

Doh!

Oh well, I have no regrets. The home seems the dullest we've had in a long time. I loved the last 3 or so versions, but this one feels plain and dull.
    And already 1 year in. So gold away felt the right choice.

• edited September 2021

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Silly.

Doh!

Oh well, I have no regrets. The home seems the dullest we've had in a long time. I loved the last 3 or so versions, but this one feels plain and dull.
    And already 1 year in. So gold away felt the right choice.

I'm a big fan of the swan shirt - I was in that minority even before we went up - but the current one has really grown on me (not in that way, unfortunately). But I think this is the last season of O'Neills. Bring on Hummel ?

• edited September 2021

Nothing wrong with that WBA, QPR game at all ! Different colour blues, one vertical, one horizontal, differentcolour shorts and socks... should always wear first choice kit if you can

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Nothing wrong with that WBA, QPR game at all ! Different colour blues, one vertical, one horizontal... should always wear first choice kit if you can

Colour-blind people would surely disagree! Speaking of which, Huddersfield are doing this:

That said, at least you can actually read the numbers on the West Brom shirts this season.

• Can they not see which way the stripes go ?

• I liked our all black change kit from a few years ago, but it did seem odd when our first choice kit is predominately a dark blue and any colour clash would seemingly clash with a black kit as well.
    I don’t think we wore it that often..

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    I liked our all black change kit from a few years ago, but it did seem odd when our first choice kit is predominately a dark blue and any colour clash would seemingly clash with a black kit as well.

Would have been fine against City!

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    I liked our all black change kit from a few years ago, but it did seem odd when our first choice kit is predominately a dark blue and any colour clash would seemingly clash with a black kit as well.

Do you mean this?

I liked it, but it’s slightly tainted by the fact that we happened to be generally rather dire in its lone season - the clear low point of which was being shat upon 6-0 by Huddersfield, of which the Duberry o.g. could only add to the pain.

• I love the current home - and I like O'Neills' designs in general - but I am hoping for Hummel in the correct blues next season.

I hope the gold does well for us. I know color should not matter, but it never seemed like we played very well in the mango, with a few exceptions.

• @Shev said:
    I love the current home - and I like O'Neills' designs in general - but I am hoping for Hummel in the correct blues next season.

I hope the gold does well for us. I know color should not matter, but it never seemed like we played very well in the mango, with a few exceptions.

If we barely play in it, it can't go too badly!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Nothing wrong with that WBA, QPR game at all ! Different colour blues, one vertical, one horizontal, differentcolour shorts and socks... should always wear first choice kit if you can

Yeah different tones of white too