Skip to content

MK Dons tickets

2»

Comments

• The club haven't updated their initial post about having just over 1,500 and whether there will be any on the day or not.

So it looks like it's a buy by 3pm tomorrow to make sure.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I think it is exact seat as far away as possible from the drummer! :smiley:

Ahh, does anyone know his seat number, so we can arrange otherwise :)

Never seem to end up near him but very often right behind a rotund odiferous gentleman who enjoys hurling abuse and chanting at the opposition support more than he does the game. Villa Park, Chesterfield on promotion day and there he was again at The Etihad.

• That helps. Was slightly pressurised on an arrangement pre 3pm today but can just turn up now.

• That is good. Thank you @ReturnToSenda

• edited September 2021

@Malone said:
    Can't remember from the last time we went there, but is it exact seat, or a sit wherever job?

Last time was exact seat and a very disagreeable time was had by many at the hands of the intransigent few as a result. Interestingly, I got to Cheltenham very early a few weeks back and gathered from the (very pleasant) stewards that they were planning the same approach. After a perfectly agreeable conversation, they conceded an alternative might work better and thus allowed a free hand to arriving fans and set aside a section, front to back, at one end of the stand for the singing/drumming crew who all proved very happy to use it, an arrangement that was, I think, broadly satisfactory to pretty much everyone. Given the nature of pretty much all fanbases everywhere, I somewhat fail to understand why such an approach is not routine.

• @HCblue said:

@Malone said:
    Can't remember from the last time we went there, but is it exact seat, or a sit wherever job?

Last time was exact seat and a very disagreeable time was had by many at the hands of the intransigent few as a result. Interestingly, I got to Cheltenham very early a few weeks back and gathered from the (very pleasant) stewards that they were planning the same approach. After a perfectly agreeable conversation, they conceded an alternative might work better and thus allowed a free hand to arriving fans and set aside a section, front to back, at one end of the stand for the singing/drumming crew who all proved very happy to use it, an arrangement that was, I think, broadly satisfactory to pretty much everyone. Given the nature of pretty much all fanbases everywhere, I somewhat fail to understand why such an approach is not routine.

Ta.
    I suppose for most aways we come across, there's always a lot more seats than fans, so no problem.
    Oxford is possibly the only sell out, but it's those near games where there will be say 80% or more full where your suggestion would certainly make a great deal of sense.

• edited September 2021

When you can't pick your seat and are just allocated the next available number it amazes me how precious some people can be about their seat number at games which are not even close to being sold out, surely it benefits everyone to just sit or stand wherever suits them best at the vast majority of our away trips

• @Username said:
    When you can't pick your seat and are just allocated the next available number it amazes me how precious some people can be about their seat number at games which are not even close to being sold out, surely it benefits everyone to just sit or stand wherever suits them best at the vast majority of our away trips

The one good thing about Kenilworth Road is receiving tickets with unallocated seating written on them. Shame the seating is so bloody uncomfortable.

• @Manboobs said:

@Username said:

The one good thing about Kenilworth Road is receiving tickets with unallocated seating written on them. Shame the seating is so bloody uncomfortable.

That's one of the few games that should be a sit in your exact seat though, as we usually come close to selling out.

It's very difficult to find spare seats emerging at the back like that at times, leading to inevitable cramming into aisles, trying to create a new row at the back , or even worse bundling into already full rows. Especially dodgy there as the rows are so tight and you always see people falling over rows when goals go in.

• I'm only 5'11 and I can't successfully sit at Luton. God knows how anyone taller and unable to stand copes!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'm only 5'11 and I can't successfully sit at Luton. God knows how anyone taller and unable to stand copes!

Might be why they're unallocated, had a pretty funny back and forth at Luton with my group of friends (a few who are 6"2, 6"3+ and big guys) and a steward who insisted on trying to make them sit, up until the seat in front was at the point of snapping from trying to get their legs in and he finally gave up