Skip to content

Ticketing and organisational issues

2»

Comments

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Can you get a ticket on the day at MK? Can’t get to Adams Park to pick up and don’t want to take a chance with WWFC forwarded on to MK etc.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/september/tickets-on-sale-mk-dons-a-2509/

• Thank you Alan. I will have to wait to see if the club advise then. Alternatively listen to the iFollow radio offering.

• Lots of teething issues but they are trying. Personally I think that the elephant in the room is the stadium itself. Having been going since the early 90s we’ve never had 7/8000 crowds regularly and not sure whether we ever will. Lipstick on a pig is too harsh but maybe what the owner / investors really need to do is push for a brand new site and stadium similar to how Reading evolved from Elm Park? That would be serious investment and you could design a match day experience from scratch starting with ample trunk road access and parking but that requires some serious $$$$ and still no guarantee of enhanced crowd numbers.

Is interesting to see the evolution although it’s a shame that buying tickets is an issue for so many as will put the casual visitor off.

K.I.S.S methodology always works.

• Well, as has already been observed by others ticket purchasing, so far this season, has been in general a bloody nightmare. As Americans say, "if it aint broke don't fix it". Last season, it worked. For whatever reason, (possibly financial), the powers that be decided to change it. This season has been an unmitigated disaster. Personally two of three of us season ticket holders have had issues with them & gone to the ticket office at every home game we have attended including the PPJ game v Villa. Attending the ticket office has cost us 20 minutes which means we barely have time for one pint where we would normally buy two. I know of three or four former players that are now no longer interested in coming to AP as it has become too complicated to buy tickets & park. Let's be honest, if you don't buy a ticket, the rest of the food & beverage issues become irrelevant. The "Fetch" app from what I am reading, is also a bit of a fail? Can't say I have bothered personally.
    As many others have said, sure there are going to be teething issues, but we are now some two months on from the Leicester friendly and still having very similar conversations. It is turning a thorn into septic mess and fans that get turned off & give up are extremely difficult to get back!

• Wasn't the change of ticketing provider necessitated by the need to keep fans socially distanced when we played those two home games last season? I thought I read somewhere that the previous provider couldn't provide a solution... in which case, it was broke and needed fixing.

• As a final note on the ticketing issues for Tuesday night, as at this morning's post mine did not arrive. So when I went to collect them in person on Monday and was told they were in the post this appears to have been not exactly the case. What happened? Did anyone get their tickets in the post? I'm not bothered about the £2.50 but it does seem it's another little slip.

• As a final note on the ticketing issues for Tuesday night, as at this morning's post mine did not arrive. So when I went to collect them in person on Monday and was told they were in the post this appears to have been not exactly the case. What happened? Did anyone get their tickets in the post? I'm not bothered about the £2.50 but it does seem it's another little slip.

Some arrived in the post.
    Mine were ordered midday Tuesday, and arrived Sat morning, but i'm not sure when they turned the post option off?

My post was getting a bit sketchy, so went into the post office and they said they'd "run out of time" to deliver them on one day, and it'd be down to twice a week deliveries!

Then received post the next 2 days. Bizarre.

• Did anyone receive tickets promised for the City game in the last couple of days?

I don't want to start thinking that the club aren't being entirely honest on this but if loads of tickets never arrive it deserves a proper investigation.

Maybe the postie is a Slough Town fan?
    Maybe there are bags of post sat in a corner somewhere uncollected?

• The local postal system has been up M.K. creek for weeks, people getting pinged etc.

• @JockyMcsporran said:
    Lots of teething issues but they are trying. Personally I think that the elephant in the room is the stadium itself. Having been going since the early 90s we’ve never had 7/8000 crowds regularly and not sure whether we ever will. Lipstick on a pig is too harsh but maybe what the owner / investors really need to do is push for a brand new site and stadium similar to how Reading evolved from Elm Park? That would be serious investment and you could design a match day experience from scratch starting with ample trunk road access and parking but that requires some serious $$$$ and still no guarantee of enhanced crowd numbers.

Is interesting to see the evolution although it’s a shame that buying tickets is an issue for so many as will put the casual visitor off.

K.I.S.S methodology always works.

At least on twitter people put parody in their biogs

• Hope nobody wants to buy a ticket on the day AND get some petrol in MK tomorrow. Take a deckchair! :smile:

• I understand there are no chips because the fryers have been taken out and condemned as they hadn’t been cleaned properly or serviced for years. They were worth more as scrap.

• edited September 2021

@WelwynWanderer said:
    I understand there are no chips because the fryers have been taken out and condemned as they hadn’t been cleaned properly or serviced for years. They were worth more as scrap.

Grim ?

• @WelwynWanderer said:
    I understand there are no chips because the fryers have been taken out and condemned as they hadn’t been cleaned properly or serviced for years. They were worth more as scrap.

Perhaps we should have a whip round to buy some new fryers!!

• Air fryers are very good. Healthy and quite easy to clean. At least ours is. Admittedly we don't have to cater for 6000 hardcore Real Ale drinking fans of association football.

• Commercial air fryers are actually available. Might be a good shout, cuts out all the grease.

• @WelwynWanderer said:

@HCblue said:
    Re the chips at Adams Park: I understand all the cooking is being done centrally now and they ferry the food to the various outlets inside the ground. That's why you don't see anyone cooking in the kiosks. Chips don't transfer well...

The chip mystery continues

• I like chips a lot, they are quite rightly, a legend and I of course, they have played a major part in our recent success, but now frankly I think they've done their job, they are too old fashioned, costly, a bit unhealthy and, I know I will get abuse for this, I think the club are right in cutting them loose. I hope I can be proved wrong.

• @Wendoverman I prefer them cut thick myself, but each to their own.

• I'm all for sweet potato fries myself. Cooked almost to the point of being burnt so nice and crispy!

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    I'm all for sweet potato fries myself. Cooked almost to the point of being burnt so nice and crispy!

Amazing shout!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Air fryers are very good. Healthy and quite easy to clean. At least ours is. Admittedly we don't have to cater for 6000 hardcore Real Ale drinking fans of association football.

Yet. We do know where you live…. (Well roughly)

• Sweet potato fries are the worst thing to have been introduced in the last 20 years

Absolutely abhorrent

• @eric_plant said:
    Sweet potato fries are the worst thing to have been introduced in the last 20 years

Absolutely abhorrent

You must have forgotten the mayo!

• @eric_plant said:
    Sweet potato fries are the worst thing to have been introduced in the last 20 years

Absolutely abhorrent

I love them but now that you’ve said this I’ll need to review my opinion

• Must admit I'm not that keen on them either

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Must admit I'm not that keen on them either

Chips are chips and anything else is indeed an abomination. If they were to start serving sweet potato chips...it is just not worth thinking about.

• Said it before, but the TicketCo wallet app worked a treat, it made purchasing tickets a breeze, I even bought a match day ticket walking up Hillbottom Road on a couple of occasions.
    Just go back to that system. It worked It was easy.